1.3.6 Background Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my modded stuff set up again and now 1.3.6 is gonna come out soon lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[doublepost=1500664718,1500664594][/doublepost]Is there any way to not update terraria on steam and still play 1.3.5 when the new update comes out?

The background is selected at world gen, and applies to the entire world from that point on. So these backgrounds won't be visible on old worlds (which only display 1 background per biome from the set options anyway).
The Underworld was updated for old worlds. Maybe the Crimson will be the same.

Highly doubt so, The previous backgrounds weren't like the underworld one. It wouldn't suprise me that some backgrounds will stay, to have more variety in the game.

That said, the old underworld background was never gone:
upload_2017-7-23_23-37-24.png

Disabling backgrounds allows you to use the old background in the underworld part.

Highly doubt so, The previous backgrounds weren't like the underworld one. It wouldn't suprise me that some backgrounds will stay, to have more variety in the game.

That said, the old underworld background was never gone:
*Snip*

Disabling backgrounds allows you to use the old background in the underworld part.
Huh... interesting... My Game has that Old Background AND the New Underworld background at the same time. It's using the New Background in the Underworld, & the old Background is used above it acting like a Transition between the Underworld & the Cavern Layer background. Now I wonder if this is Intended or a Bug... though I personally think having this Background Transition looking like Transition between 'Deep Underground Rock' to 'Hot Magma Rock' to 'Hell Cavern with Lava Pools everywhere' totally works epicly well, so if it is a Bug i'd implore the Devs to turn it into a Feature instead of fixing it.

The Underworld went from having "no background" to having a background. The Underworld's background can actually still be reverted to the original flat backwall with menu settings.

The new backgrounds being added are additional backgrounds being added to the pool of possible backgrounds in various biomes. All worlds already have a Crimson background; this is adding a new option to possible Crimson backgrounds, but its not going to change old worlds.

Huh... interesting... My Game has that Old Background AND the New Underworld background at the same time. It's using the New Background in the Underworld, & the old Background is used above it acting like a Transition between the Underworld & the Cavern Layer background. Now I wonder if this is Intended or a Bug... /QUOTE]

That's normal and intended.

I just got my modded stuff set up again and now 1.3.6 is gonna come out soon lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[doublepost=1500664718,1500664594][/doublepost]Is there any way to not update terraria on steam and still play 1.3.5 when the new update comes out?

You could always turn off auto updates for the game. At least I think you can do it for individual games ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom