1.3.6 New Furniture Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can spoil story but not items that u use and/or forget... That spoiled anything? No it's just another sprite in game.
Anyway i think i know who is main character in terraria. It's mentally challenged warrior unable to use chairs. Seriously why i cant use chair? After heavy battle with (Insert boss name here) i'd like to go to my house, take a sit, drink some juice or tea (In real life i don't like/drink alcohol or get any amount of it in any way in anything so i don't do it in game and hate when game don't offer non alcohol drinks. Only thing i can drink in terraria for now is bottled water), eat some sashimi and soup.
It spoiled future content, yes, but I'm not going to discuss semantics when you can simply Google the definition.

As for sitting down, for a player to be able to use a chair every single armour set in the game (including vanity sets) would need sitting down sprites. That's a lot of work for a small cosmetic feature. Furniture sets, on the other hand, are substantially less work (still a lot, but less) for a rather larger cosmetic feature, as they add a lot to the player's building capabilities, mainly through reinforcing a theme.

It spoiled future content, yes, but I'm not going to discuss semantics when you can simply Google the definition.

As for sitting down, for a player to be able to use a chair every single armour set in the game (including vanity sets) would need sitting down sprites. That's a lot of work for a small cosmetic feature. Furniture sets, on the other hand, are substantially less work (still a lot, but less) for a rather larger cosmetic feature, as they add a lot to the player's building capabilities, mainly through reinforcing a theme.
So they needed to make walking animation with every item combination? And why npc can but i can't? Why it wasn't available from the beginning? Why there is no juice or tea?
Why i can't permanently kill the guide? Why i can't get married with Steampunker?(in game not real life. being married or be related to female in real life in any way don' give any profits only generate costs)

So they needed to make walking animation with every item combination? And why npc can but i can't? Why it wasn't available from the beginning? Why there is no juice or tea?
Why i can't permanently kill the guide? Why i can't get married with Steampunker?(in game not real life. being married or be related to female in real life in any way don' give any profits only generate costs)
For suggestions you can go towards the suggestion section of the forums.

Deym spooky. It would be spectacular if you found a house with spider furnitures in a spider cave.
What about a spider boss? It would be awesome to have a spider boss. :0

Woah this discussion went of in a tangent xD
Anyway I think that, like it was mentioned, it'd take a lot of effort to make sitting sprites for every armour/vanity set - and there is a small-ish amount of NPCs to sprite - especially since walking/jumping sprites already exist. And as for it not being available from the beginning - Terraria did start as a pretty small game, and had very few of the features we currently have.
I guess the term 'spoiler' could be interpreted in several different ways, but it basically means, 'new content that you didn't previously know about'. So this would be classified as a spoiler - in my opinion, anyway.

So they needed to make walking animation with every item combination? And why npc can but i can't? Why it wasn't available from the beginning?

It would require at least a new leg sprite for every single pair of pants in the game, if not shirt/chest armor. This is about 150 different sprites to make, more because many sprites are different between male and female characters. Additionally, every armor/vanity made from now until forever would also need to have this as a sprite as well, to say nothing of the coding time spent on the feature. As for NPCs, there are less than 30 of them, and they are added far less frequently.

Is such a task possible for our team? Absolutely. Spriting all those outfits to support chairs is certainly possible. But, the time spent doing that, along with the code support, could be spent elsewhere. So its simply a matter of what's a better use of time.

As for why it wasn't available from the beginning, well, the majority of Terraria's content wasn't available from the beginning. There are thousands of ideas out there, and hindsight is 20/20. Could say the same for any idea. Terraria has grown far beyond initial expectations. :)

Cutting in to say, now this is mint! My buried lair's gonna be edgier than a dodecahedron, just how I like it!

It would require at least a new leg sprite for every single pair of pants in the game, if not shirt/chest armor. This is about 150 different sprites to make, more because many sprites are different between male and female characters. Additionally, every armor/vanity made from now until forever would also need to have this as a sprite as well, to say nothing of the coding time spent on the feature. As for NPCs, there are less than 30 of them, and they are added far less frequently.

Is such a task possible for our team? Absolutely. Spriting all those outfits to support chairs is certainly possible. But, the time spent doing that, along with the code support, could be spent elsewhere. So its simply a matter of what's a better use of time.

As for why it wasn't available from the beginning, well, the majority of Terraria's content wasn't available from the beginning. There are thousands of ideas out there, and hindsight is 20/20. Could say the same for any idea. Terraria has grown far beyond initial expectations. :)
Could you tell me difference between high and low details? I can't see it.

Graphic settings. High mid and low. When i change graphic settings from low to high i can't see any difference.
In terraria settings.
it affect water visual effects and more. If I know correctly too it will change lighting setting too. making lighting to low or what it is called it will run more faster for slow computers, colours doesn't matter.

Capture 2017-05-21 21_03_48.png

Waiting for 1.3.6 :D

Still no news for the console update?

I never asked if there would be. But cool story bro.

Thanks for the old link. ;)

Off-topic for the thread, I know, but you can also check out Pipeworks YouTube and Twitch channels for latest progress on the 1.3 console update.

*on topic*

I can't help but feel like the sofa and bed should be a bit webby for the cushions and mattress. That would make them even more comfy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom