1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Nakano15

Nakano15 Official Terrarian

I already saw an exploit, If you use the block swap on ore blocks, It will potentially render pickaxes as useless.
    Anyway, It's about time block swap came, It is a very welcome feature, but better unallow ore blocks from
    being swapped.

2. Snickerbobble

Snickerbobble Terrarian

But it requires that pickaxe to be in inventory, plus you won't have that protective overswing that a pickaxe provides.

And in the case of molten pickaxe or fire imbuements, no light either.

IndigoGollum and Fruitbat like this.
  3. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Check out this from the very post you quoted;

To say nothing of the fact that you still need to dig through areas as well, and you will usually need a pickaxe for that, or at least bombs. What if you need to actually dig THROUGH the ore vein to get the the other end of the ore? :)

Fruitbat, ppowersteef and Aurora3500 like this.
  4. Levi the Shader

Levi the Shader Spazmatism

If one doesn't have a pickaxe in the inventory, it will not able to use Block Swamp?

5. Leinfors

That is correct.

Fruitbat and Levi the Shader like this.
  6. FlyKip

FlyKip Retinazer

Wow. This is just amazing!

Ruin likes this.
  7. Techdude594

Techdude594 Skeletron Prime

This is really nice! This update seems to be focused on optimizations and QoL changes, which is really nice! It seems this update is drawing closer now, so many spoilers as of late!

Kiddles and Ruin like this.
  8. samufinland

samufinland Terrarian

Alright, since I have a habit of overthinking absolutely everything and my curiosity is endless, I'll ask a couple more questions(sorry)

-If you manage increase the range of block swapping to be longer than item pickup range, will the swapped block just stay inside the new block as an item or will it still gravitate towards you?
    -This can be toggled off, right? Well, it most probably can, as you seem to add an option to turn off most of the features you add
    -will you be able to swap platforms or other things like that?
    -can you replace blocks with blocks you can pass through, like wood beams, inactive wired stone blocks(whatever they were called) or living flames?
    -Can this be used to cheese Hellstone mining(aka no lava will ever harm you because you just immediately replace the Hellstone with some dirt or something)
    -if you can replace anything with dirt, wouldn't that make the Dirt Rod OP(joke question)

Okay, since I got more idea while thinking of questions, I'll add some uses for this feature I think I'll try
    -Creating ceilings and floors to mines with half the effort
    -preventing sand from falling on you while mining through sand, just replace the sand ceiling with some blocks before mining below them
    -playing around with Midas' Touch(turning things into gold [bricks])
    -Changing the theme of a house without interrupting the NPC living inside
    -reverting corruption, block by block
    -easy biome changing in farms
    -attempting to turn a biome chest into a regular chest
    -Upgrading my chest room, if only visually
    -turning the Biome chests into trashcans
    -turning an entire floating island into sand and watching what shape it forms into when the sand falls
    -safer Meteor mining
    -replacing the blocks beneath the local Demon Altar to not be dirt and stone

9. Leinfors

Probably getting too in-depth at this point, you'll just have to wait for the update. :)

samufinland and darthmorf like this.
  10. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This might be what I look forward to most of all, because I'm weird that way.

11. Bezixx

Bezixx The Destroyer

War... war has changed.

Ruin likes this.
  12. Creeper da Snek

Creeper da Snek Plantera

Haha,
    Y e s

Ruin likes this.
  13. M4trix

M4trix Skeletron

Some really awesome stuff here! you did the great work.
    Btw, what if i try to replace hellstone ore? will the lava spawn and prevent block swapping or not?

Ruin likes this.
  14. AdipemDragon

AdipemDragon Steampunker

Ok WOW, everyone's losing their minds over the block swap mechanic, as expected, but???? I just noticed that hair will now animate and honestly? I can't wait.

PieOfCthulhu and Ruin like this.
  15. Uniquepotatoes

Uniquepotatoes Terrarian

this is neat, i wonder how many bugs this will bring tho

16. matarael

matarael Terrarian

So many of us really wished for that kind of feature when destroying/rebuilding houses and stuff, and you guys make it happen :D. Terraria is an awesome game, but what is trully amazing is the fact that the team behind this game keep polishing/upgrading it with such dedication and quality. You are the best!

Mitchell Snaw, Lunaris and Ruin like this.
  17. Uniquepotatoes

Uniquepotatoes Terrarian

More specifically, blocks. (;

PieOfCthulhu likes this.
  18. FruIT 2

FruIT 2 Terrarian

Block Swap this is of course cool, but to renew the interest of players you must add at least 1000 new items..

19. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Skeletron Prime

There's already a few animated hairstyles

20. Thunderbolt33

Thunderbolt33 Spazmatism

I can imagine getting annoyed by turning all my chests into boreal wood chests and the name still being "Chest" but that's probably better than chests being renamed to the new chest's default..

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that grass moved when walked past, didn't it?