1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! This will make things a lot easier! Who needs to wait for better materials before building when you can make it with a scaffolding block and replace it later?

Yes, this is very awesome. It's one of the reasons why I don't make complex houses made out of advanced materials because I don't feel like having to tear crap down to rebuild it later, nor do I want to go long periods of time without enough housing to get NPCs to move in.

This will also help quite a bit if you are building underground, no more having to mine walls out to replace them with the walls you want, just drop the new blocks in, mine out where you need rooms to go, etc.

Yes, this is very awesome. It's one of the reasons why I don't make complex houses made out of advanced materials because I don't feel like having to tear crap down to rebuild it later, nor do I want to go long periods of time without enough housing to get NPCs to move in.

This will also help quite a bit if you are building underground, no more having to mine walls out to replace them with the walls you want, just drop the new blocks in, mine out where you need rooms to go, etc.
That's true, I hadn't even thought about the underground building implications. I love building into the big hills with tunnels, and really just underground in general, so this will be great!

Also, doing things like lining hellevators... never bothered to do it because it was such a PITA to mine out every block one by one, then go back and put new blocks in, one by one. Now you can do far less work. Hold the mouse button while tapping down while hanging on a rope. hehe.

Well, now I can finally get rid of that dirt strip on my base where the storage is. And remodel my everything (which I have wanted to do) without having to demolish it first.

Oooh, looking at this, and what it does, I theorize that it actually doesn't remove the block at all. It just changes the Block's type, removes one block of the type being changed to from your inventory, and adds one block of the type being changed from to your inventory. Since the block is never being removed, furniture doesn't ever have a chance to pop free.

This is something I will be making heavy use of when it arrives, since I do a lot of underground construction. I WANT IT NOW!

Changed my phone's screen again...
20180417_101608.jpg

Cari sviluppatori di Terraria, vi scrivo a nome mio e del mio migliore amico. Sapendo che Terraria: Otherworld è stato cancellato ci ha molto deluso. Per tre anni, sono entrato in controllo ogni giorno se avessi avuto notizie sul gioco. Abbiamo atteso carichi perché eravamo consapevoli del grande gioco che poteva diventare. E oltre al danno lo scherzo. Per mesi, non dire nulla sulla versione mobile di Terraria. Ti stiamo aspettando da due anni per pubblicarlo, ma niente. Nelle notizie più recenti, quelle di dicembre, hai detto che nel primo trimestre del 2018 uscirà l'1.3
Siamo a metà aprile e nemmeno una notizia. Dicci almeno qualcosa.

This is incredible. I know I, personally, was a harsh critic (at least on my own time) of how long 1.3.6 has been taking, but I take it all back if I can. This is totally worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom