1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah I wish I knew how I got unsubbed from the thread..... *reads*

Is said option to disable it easily accessible, like the ruler/wire display buttons?

I'd hate to have to go into menus to disable it for the few times where I might not want to be plunking blocks down ontop of other blocks because I moved my mouse slightly too far in another direction.

I personally don't like it as it only appeals to the laziness in people, but there's not really any harm in having it, and I have to admit, I'll still enjoy this either way.

i think block swap is a bit of a strong update
also make sure players cant do that to ebonstone or crimson blocks

It appears the block swap ability will be linked to the pickaxe the player currently has, if they don't have a pickaxe strong enough to break ebonstone/crimstone, they won't be able to block swap it.

well i possibly have no use for this mod cause i never rebuild my house i add a bit of detail then im usually done

i really want that creative mode for it so i dont need to use tmodloader

well i possibly have no use for this mod cause i never rebuild my house i add a bit of detail then im usually done

i really want that creative mode for it so i dont need to use tmodloader

It has other uses too, though I suppose if you never do another playthrough and never do another world (you might need to, if they add anything new!), then you might find that it has limited use... but for all the rest, there's plenty of ways one might want to use such a feature and it will help plenty of people.

And don't quote me on this, but I am fairly sure I remember reading somewheres that Re-Logic said they wanted to do a creative mode, so who knows maybe that would actually happen at some point in the future. Maybe 1.4 or something.

Let's say there's no block wall behind the block being replaced, and the block is suspended in mid-air. Normally, you can't just build in mid-air with nothing to attach the block to - can you still replace suspended blocks that are open-walled?

Sorry if someone else already asked this, didn't read the previous 8 pages of posts, just the first two.

Will this work with other furniture too? Can I replace tables/chairs with other tables/chairs? Same should go for beds, dressers, clocks, doors, etc.

Sorry if someone else already asked this, didn't read the previous 8 pages of posts, just the first two.

Will this work with other furniture too? Can I replace tables/chairs with other tables/chairs? Same should go for beds, dressers, clocks, doors, etc.

I asked that very thing but didn't get an actual official response, no. At least none that I saw/remember.

Perhaps they aren't sure, or perhaps there are some technical issues with that or something, maybe they can do it with treasure chests because all chests are 2x2 and it might not work if, say, you attempt to replace a table with a bookshelf (IIRC they fall under the same classification of item) because it's a different size.

I don't know. Just throwing some possible problems with that out there.

Old gen is never getting updated again. That ship has sailed. Even new gen consoles like the PS4 have a long way to go before they get this feature too.

lol by the time 1.3.5 hits "new" gen consoles, the PS5 and XBwhatever will be out and they'll have to stop and then try to re-do all the code for those consoles.

This is why getting into consoles is a bad, bad thing. With PCs, you develop it once. I think in the last 20 years, we've gone through... what, maybe 2-3 major roadblocks? 16Bit->32Bit with Windows95 (and of course DOS->Windows95), Windows98->XP caused a few compatibility problems that were usually workable in some way, the Widescreen debacle where suddenly Widescreen became the new standard and most old games didn't support it properly, and then the 32Bit->64Bit jump. And, I suppose, some games didn't play nice with multi-core processors (but the fix was usually easy and done at the end user's machine, rather than the game's code needing patched).

But at the end of the day, Windows is still Windows. It will *probably* work, might need compatibility mode, or DOSBox with old windows install or something.

That's nothing like a new console coming out every 2-3 years that you have to re-develop the game for. I think any game that was made within the last 5 years will probably run on most modern computers with very little if any work needing done. Fact is, a lot of 10-15 year old games will work too with just a little tweaking.

But try popping that Playstation2 CD into your Playstation 4.... lol. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom