1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand how #PubgMobile #Fortnite and # ARK-Survival games are being developed almost instantaneously for mobile devices (Android / IOS) and Terraria 1.3+ is not finalized for these platforms after having finished the 1.3+ PS4 / XBOX ONE console and add that they have stopped the development of OtherWorld, (IF OFFENDING THE EFFORT OF THE DEVELOPERS) How hard is it, to make a game of Mobiles?
Because those games are developed by much larger studios that have many more resources (people/money) to apply to the development. For a game as large and complex as Terraria, it's very hard to make a stable, full version that will work well on hundreds of different mobile devices.

We hope to have some more news for mobile very soon, but this thread is discussing an upcoming feature, not Mobile development. Please stay on topic here, thanks.

During my recent console playthrough, I found it was the one feature I missed the most (well except I prefer m&k for controls). It really is one of those that you quickly forget what life was like without it.

Well, difference between you and I is I gather that you've personally tested block swapping?

I've yet to actually do it and I'm already "missing" (or wishing I had it) hehe. That's the point I was trying to make in my post -- I've never had it and I'm already "missing" it lol.

I can't even imagine how it is for you, who have actually gotten to play with it.

Well, ok kinda. One of the reasons I don't play modded Terraria much, is I get up to the Grand Design and... oh wait, there is no Grand Design on tModLoader yet. Blaaaaaah.

And that's where a playthrough tends to die.

When this is implemented, I'll suddenly have no clue how I lived without it.

Kinda like how I lived without being able to climb a single block without jumping.

Hello Terrarians!

As you have noticed from the recent slate of spoilers, our work on Terraria 1.3.6 is bearing some exciting fruit! This update has a lot more in store than we have shared, and with that in mind, we wanted to share one new quality of life feature that we find particularly exciting.

This new feature, which we are calling Block Swap, allows players to replace one block with another without having to break the previous block first! Tired of the way your house looks? Now you no longer have to tear the whole house down to change it. Need to clean up those random clay and stone blocks in your yard? Just swap them all out with your block of choice - much faster than mining them all individually!

Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block. Here are some additional fun features that Block Swap will bring to Terrarians everywhere:
- Block Swap can be used to change floor (and ceiling) blocks that furniture items are attached to, without breaking the furniture items
- Swapped blocks will keep the hammered shape that the previous blocks had
- Swapped blocks will be actuated if the original block was also actuated
- As an added bonus, you can now swap one chest for a different style of chest without having to empty it first!

Having played around with this feature for a while now, we can confidently say that this is one of those quality of life improvements that we have no idea how we ever lived without. We can’t wait until it is in your hands to see if you agree! Work on 1.3.6 is moving along at a strong pace – stay tuned for further details on what it will contain and when it might arrive. :)
Hella yes! That's gonna help a LOT!`:D

The worst part about this now is that we have to wait for it. :dryadcry:
I strongly agree with you, Izzy.`:sigh: However, just remember this: Don't rush them, or else they're gonna give you a hot glitchy mess of Sonic '06-quality work! `:naughty:

I strongly agree with you, Izzy.`:sigh: However, just remember this: Don't rush them, or else they're gonna give you a hot glitchy mess of Sonic '06-quality work! `:naughty:

No worries about that; Re-Logic doesn't rush crap. They release stuff when it's ready, or reasonably ready, regardless of any attempts by us to rush them. That, and the core playerbase is used to long waits (but yet quality updates) by now.

No worries about that; Re-Logic doesn't rush crap. They release stuff when it's ready, or reasonably ready, regardless of any attempts by us to rush them. That, and the core playerbase is used to long waits (but yet quality updates) by now.
Sweet! That's what I like to hear! `:D:joy:
(Also, I decided to get a little "smiley-pet" I call Morphaslime. He's the slime next to some of my smilies, and you might have already gathered this, but he can be a range of different slimes! Be sure to look out for him! `;):hoppinjack:)
[doublepost=1526144057,1526143892][/doublepost]
Soon™. In the meantime I'd recommend building stuff to pass the time.
Oof, sneaky trademark! `:p:rslime:

YES! Now i dont need to completely destroy one of my houses rooms to replace it with grass and what not for the nature lady that i forgot the name of! :D

Replacing instead of digging out a block? that looks pretty good. Although I thought it would overlap the object instead of replacing it with another object. But this is more likable.

The biggest pain in the game was having to move everything in a chest to change out those tiles under it, so its nice to see that finally resolved.

Only now I won't be able to play until the new update because I'll constantly think about the many times I'd like to use this.

The biggest pain in the game was having to move everything in a chest to change out those tiles under it, so its nice to see that finally resolved.

Only now I won't be able to play until the new update because I'll constantly think about the many times I'd like to use this.

With me, the bigger dilemma is "I want to play Terraria, but I don't want to burn myself out on the game before the update comes out, because then I won't feel like playing it." but yet I want to play Terraria/it's update but have no idea of any kind of timeframe of how long it's going to be.

That's the annoying part.

A thought just occurred to me: Does block swap work with platforms too? Platform-platform, platform-block or block-platform replacement?

would the block reach extend at all. not to actually make it easier or anything but i have seen this gif and thought it could be quite annoying to use as it could break a lot of things. Today i basically could have used this from under a chest. would it replace blocks with platforms and things like that?

would the block reach extend at all. not to actually make it easier or anything but i have seen this gif and thought it could be quite annoying to use as it could break a lot of things. Today i basically could have used this from under a chest. would it replace blocks with platforms and things like that?

If you're close enough to replace blocks with platforms from underneath a chest, then I assume you're close enough to grapple the ceiling and simply open the chest that way.

You.....do.... know you can do that, right? Open a chest through a wall/ceiling/floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom