1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still requires a pick to work, and it also doesn't swap out a block with air. If you wanted to REMOVE a block, you'd still have to use a pick.

It's just meant to save you time, instead of digging out a bunch of clay, stone, and copper/tin to replace it with dirt, or change wood types, or break all your items on your floor to replace the floor, or under your chests, or the chests themselves, not replace pickaxes in general.
I was talking about the people who don't realise that pickaxes are needed. If they thought that pickaxes are now useless for mining, how can that be taken as a creative system change?

I was talking about the people who don't realise that pickaxes are needed. If they thought that pickaxes are now useless for mining, how can that be taken as a creative system change?
It seems it would be rather obvious considering if you tried to mine with this blocks would just place

I'm so happy that it keeps wedged blocks as well. Wonder if it works with liquids
Kinda doubt that one. It swaps blocks in the world for blocks in your inventory, and vice versa. There is no "Water Block" "Lava Block" or "Liquid Honey Block" in the game. It likely wouldn't create buckets for you, and it might just be awkward if it used buckets already in your inventory to do that, although, I suppose they could.

I feel like another reason it wouldn't work with liquids is because it would then just mix the liquid's instantly, and leave whatever block was appropriate.

I think there should be a way to toggle pain sprayer’s abilities in the architect gizmo pack, and maybe a slot for paints like with coins and ammo.

I think there should be a way to toggle pain sprayer’s abilities in the architect gizmo pack, and maybe a slot for paints like with coins and ammo.
There already is a toggle (on/off) in 1.3.5 (at least the PC version, not sure about XB1/PS4).

To the left of the inventory/hotbar, there are small toggles when various tools are equipped. One of them toggles the Paint Sprayer function, whether it is stand-alone or as part of the Gizmo Pack.

tool toggles.png

This shows where it is on my screen; the others control various aspects of The Grand Design. When you mouse over each one it will tell you what it controls.

Not necessarily. In the video one block is being replaced by another. It's not like both blocks co-exist for even a fraction of a second.
I more meant the rest of the liquid blocks that aren't being instantly replaced. Example: Replace a block of water with a block of lava, unless the puddle is only one block, then the rest of the water will just turn it into obsidian.

So just realized something. If the blocks under a demon altar is replaced with sand with no blocks below, so the sand is on air, would it float or would it fall and potentially leave a floating altar?
this is what happens.
first of all, since sand always falls, it will fall a single pixel.
but because demon alters always stay on blocks and can't move, immediately after that happens will stop the fall.
bust since sand always fall, it will try to continue falling, while the demon alter try to stop the falling.
the end result is that it creates an intense gravitation field that's as strong as the gravity of the moon itself, making blocks cover the whole thing.
this will continue until 1/6 of the world is around the paradox-alter, or until there is solid, non-sand blocks under the sand.
the latter reason is due to the solid blocks stops the sand from falling, effectively nullifying the paradox.

I am pretty sure it will check to see if it's considered a block able to be mined, and it simply won't let you swap it. I assume since it does check to see what pickaxe you have, it acts like a pick, and place, not just a swap

Nice! i keep statues on my roof and some banners so it will be useful not to break them. Make sure to disable it for corruption/crimson blocks, though. People could tale advantage of it for mining.

Now I know this may be hard to implement and it has a ton of Pros, but I'm thinking this should be end-game.
What if you could use a Creative Bench and craft anything with Mana!
I think this would be clever and I already have ideas for how it would function...
You could interact with it as a GUI, and then you can select ANYTHING and it would cost from min-max Mana

From memory there are plans for a creative mode, supposedly you unlock things for it by doing certain things in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom