1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Thinking about it, It could be used to troll your friends... They see chlorophyte and you get there first? replace it with dirt. They need to mine stone? Replace the stone with dirt. This could also be used for map builders, so its basically another tool for map building... Except its for everything. If It comes out as a Standalone update (name could be 1.5.4) Ill be happy. Cant wait for the next feature, Devs! Also cant wait to see if there is any new bosses or weapons as well... Maybe an upgraded Copper shortsword? Better pearlwood armor? Extreme mode after hardmode? Possibilities are endless.....

(also cant wait for the winnie the pooh inspired soundtrack + wind feature!)

Hmm... Thinking about it, It could be used to troll your friends... They see chlorophyte and you get there first? replace it with dirt. They need to mine stone? Replace the stone with dirt. This could also be used for map builders, so its basically another tool for map building... Except its for everything. If It comes out as a Standalone update (name could be 1.5.4) Ill be happy. Cant wait for the next feature, Devs! Also cant wait to see if there is any new bosses or weapons as well... Maybe an upgraded Copper shortsword? Better pearlwood armor? Extreme mode after hardmode? Possibilities are endless.....

(also cant wait for the winnie the pooh inspired soundtrack + wind feature!)
"They see chlorophyte and you get there first? replace it with dirt." you mean mud right?

There's probably already a comment like this but does it only swap blocks mined/able to mine (in the current time) or ALL blocks? I could see myself using dirt to swap out hellstone early in the game...

There's probably already a comment like this but does it only swap blocks mined/able to mine (in the current time) or ALL blocks? I could see myself using dirt to swap out hellstone early in the game...
From the opening post:
Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block.

Does this work with replacing plants with new seeds to harvest and replant them?

I had the idea while playing that it would be great if I had for example in full bloom Blinkroots in Planter Boxes and just used the seeds to replant them and harvest them at the same time rather than having to select my pick, dig them out, then select the seeds and refill the missing spots to replant them.

It would save so much time and make planting and harvesting much better.

Does this work with replacing plants with new seeds to harvest and replant them?

I had the idea while playing that it would be great if I had for example in full bloom Blinkroots in Planter Boxes and just used the seeds to replant them and harvest them at the same time rather than having to select my pick, dig them out, then select the seeds and refill the missing spots to replant them.

It would save so much time and make planting and harvesting much better.
You'd probably want to use a staff of regrowth anyway, the drop yield would easily overpower the time save.

11 months later. Chlorophyte farm harvested an uncountable number of times. Dolphin is eternally hongry for boolet. Just wanna be able to block swap the mud in and have harvesting the farm take half as much time. The walls are closing in. This may be the end for me.

I mean, uh. Still looking forward to this! Thanks for all your hard work, Re-logic team!

I honestly stopped making the Chlorophyte farms when they increased the natural Chlorophyte growth. But block swap will tempt me to make them again, for sure

I think this feature belongs to acessories.
I mean, you can accidently swap a block so i think it would be nice if it would be a part of an acessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom