1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not very sure where or who to contact. I was told in discord to go to the forums to talk about a possible game addition, The concept is a rage candle, I’m thinking it would spawn randomly in the jungle temple, similar to how the water candle is in the dungeon. but instead of the enemy spawn rates being buffed, this would buff enemy health and defense, but also double enemy health, defense, and drop rates.

This is only a rough idea and if your open to the idea I’d be happy to help animate and design the candle...

Feel free to contact me on discord as I don’t read my email
R4G3 RED#4136

just wondering does it only work on player placed blocks cause it could cause issues with ebonstone/crimstone being unmineable for most of early game

just wondering does it only work on player placed blocks cause it could cause issues with ebonstone/crimstone being unmineable for most of early game
Block Swap uses the mining power of the strongest Pickaxe in your inventory. Therefore, you will not be able to replace blocks that you cannot mine and it will take the same number of "swings" to replace a tile that your current pickaxe takes to mine the same block.

The only instances where it's more convenient than simply a shortcut to "remove block with pickaxe, place new block manually" is when you have stuff above the block you remove (like furniture, sand/silt/slush, liquids, etc.). Also when swapping containers.

By and large it doesn't really affect gameplay, just makes updating your base a little less tedious. It's not going to let you cheat.

The only instances where it's more convenient than simply a shortcut to "remove block with pickaxe, place new block manually" is when you have stuff above the block you remove (like furniture, sand/silt/slush, liquids, etc.). Also when swapping containers.

By and large it doesn't really affect gameplay, just makes updating your base a little less tedious. It's not going to let you cheat.
okay thanks for clarifying I didn't read most of it

Block swap depends on your highest pickaxe power of the pickaxe(s) in your inventory. You won't be able to block swap ebonstone, crimstone, Dungeon Bricks and so on unless you have a pickaxe that can mine them normally.

Block swap depends on your highest pickaxe power of the pickaxe(s) in your inventory. You won't be able to block swap ebonstone, crimstone, Dungeon Bricks and so on unless you have a pickaxe that can mine them normally.
ive been informed thank you for telling me anway:D

Just let me replace the the regular wooden platforms my Demon Altar spawned on with Living Wood platforms - that world was generated before 1.2.4 and the Demon Altar spawned in one of my Living Trees.

Honestly replacing blocks under a Demon Altar or equivalent would be nice.

Brings to mind a good question: will blockswap work with wands (bone, living wood, living leaf, living mahogany, etc.), or only with blocks that can be placed directly?

Brings to mind a good question: will blockswap work with wands (bone, living wood, living leaf, living mahogany, etc.), or only with blocks that can be placed directly?
I would say almost definitely yes, since they are used to place blocks.

This new feature, which we are calling Block Swap, allows players to replace one block with another without having to break the previous block first! Tired of the way your house looks? Now you no longer have to tear the whole house down to change it. Need to clean up those random clay and stone blocks in your yard? Just swap them all out with your block of choice - much faster than mining them all individually!
So we can swap Lihizard blocks, right? Or does the block have to be placed in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom