1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

(1.3.6 Suggestion) Add the Pocket Mirror & Hand Warmer to the Ankh Charm

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Sword Ace, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Sword Ace

Sword Ace The Destroyer

This is a simple suggestion: the Ankh Shield rather perplexingly provides immunity to the "chilled" debuff while the Ankh Charm does not. I think that the Ankh Charm should have this ability as well. The Hand Warmer, an accessory only available during the Christmas event, should be made available at all times of year, possibly as a drop from a hardmode underground ice monster. I also suggest that the Pocket Mirror, the accessory dropped by Medusa which grants immunity to the "stoned" debuff, should be combined with the hand warmer (or possibly the blindfold) to make a new component for the Ankh Charm.

TL;DR: Make Hand Warmer available at all times of year and combine with Pocket Mirror to make new Ankh Charm component.

I think that this small change fits in very well with the theme of 1.3.6.

Also, I recently posted another suggestion. Although they are different suggestions, if I am supposed to post them in the same thread, I am sorry for not doing so.

2. Dark Wiz

Dark Wiz Spazmatism

Maybe this should be added as an optional component that you can add after you make the Ankh Shield, for people who maybe didn't want to add the Hand Warmer or Pocket Mirror.

3. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

My only nitpick is that the Pocket Mirror is difficult to grind. It comes from a single uncommon enemy that comes with a terrifying attack.

Even the Nazar might be easier to grind since it's still possible to have multiple skulls at once.

Including this heavy grind along with the rest of the items lessens the motivation to grind for the shield.

4. Defure

Defure Golem

It should be done as a separate accessory instead of the way this is so the grind wouldn't be unbearable.

5. Sword Ace

Sword Ace The Destroyer

You'll already be doing so much farming for the ankh shield that one more won't matter. People complain about having to farm for things in Terraria. If you've already farmed all the components, it won't be much more trouble. It's not a "heavy grind" to get one more item. The pocket mirror alone is nothing compared to some of the things you need for the Cell Phone. One more accessory isn't going to suddenly make it "unbearable" to get. People would have no problem with it if it was like this from the beginning.

SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  6. Phantasmental

Phantasmental Terrarian

This is a pretty cool idea. Like others have said, the Pocket Mirror would super difficult to grind for. Especially if you just want to get the Ankh Shield. A possible and easy solution to this would be to make the Pocket Mirror have a 3%-5% (6%-10% Expert Mode) to make the grinding a bit less painful. This new version of the Shield would make exploring the Marble biome a lot easier.