tModLoader [1.3] ARPG Loot

Kimseru

Terrarian
ARPG Loot
Latest version: Dropbox or Mod Browser
Updated for tModLoader v0.10.0.2
Multiplayer is still not fully complete, use at your own risk...

This mod adds 37 new affixes to your weapons, accessories and armor.
You discover the affixes upon crafting, otherwise you must identify the item.
The affixes are permanent and cannot be re-rolled (as of now.)

Identification
  • A scroll of identification can be bought from the merchant for 50 silver.
  • An eternal scroll of identification is crafted with 100 scrolls and 1 spell tome at a bookshelf
Rarities
  • Magical
    • Most common
    • One affix on items
  • Rare
    • 25% chance
    • Two affixes on weapons, one on accessories and armors
  • Legendary
    • 10% chance
    • Three affixes on weapons, two on accessories and armors
  • Primal
    • 1% chance
    • Same affix count as legendary
    • Perfect rolls
Affixes
Some affixes are exclusive to each other for balancing reasons. They are indicated by an *
Weapons
  • +5-10% damage when standing still
  • +5-25% knockback when running
  • +15-20% damage when below 50% hp*
  • +5-15% damage when full hp*
  • +5-10% damage when below 50% mp
  • +5-15% damage when below 20 def (pre-hardmode), 50 (hardmode)
  • +5-10% damage in jungle, corruption/crimson, or hallow
  • +5-10% damage near water
  • +5-10% attack speed during day or night
  • +25-50% critical strike chance when invulnerable
  • 1-2 mana cost reduction (only on magic weapons)**
  • +10-100% chance to inflict fire**
  • +10-50% chance to inflict frostburn
  • +5-25% chance to inflict cursed inferno (hardmode only)
  • +5-10% chance to leech (3 life with projectiles, 10 life with melee swings) (hardmode only)
Armor
  • +10-15% defense*
  • +20-25% defense while standing still*
  • +20-25% defense while under 50% hp*
  • +10-20 max HP**
  • +10-20 max MP**
  • +5-10% move speed***
  • +10-15% jump speed***
  • +5-10% mining speed***
  • Ignores damage taken if under 5-10
  • Damage taken can not exceed 100-150 (pre-hardmode), 150-200 (hardmode) (does not stack)
Accessories
  • Reduces potion cooldown by 3-6 seconds (does not stack)
  • Increases armor penetration by 2-5
  • Increases health regen by 1-2
  • +10-20% thorns damage
  • -2-3% damage taken
  • +5-10 max hp*
  • +5-10 max mp*
  • -5-7% mana usage
  • +10-20% increased invulnerability time after being struck
Items
Scroll of Identify
SzU75Sj

Sold by the merchant for 50 silver
Used to identify one item
Dropped by enemies at a 5% chance

Tome of Identify
ELjeDMY

Crafted with a Spell Tome and 100 Scrolls of Identify at a mythril/orichalcum anvil
Used to identify as many items as you can find

Orb of Alchemy
D1klFLJ

Crafted with 1 soul of night and 3 cursed flame or ichor
Used to upgrade a single magical item to rare quality
Dropped in hardmode at a 2% chance

Essence of Favorable Fate
X236t1n

Crafted with 1 bottled water, 1 ectoplasm, and 1 soul of sight
Allows a reroll on a single item
Dropped post-plantera at a 1% chance
Changelog
v1.0.0
added 37 modifiers
v1.0.1
fixed armor ignoring modifier not calculating defense
v1.0.2
added multiplayer compatibility
v1.0.3
fixed item rolls reseting when reforged
v1.1.0
non crafted items now spawn as unidentified
added scroll of identify
bought from the merchant
required to discover item's modifiers
v1.1.1
added tome of identify
created with 100 scrolls of identify and a tome at a bookcase
not consumed when used
v1.1.2
rebalanced some affixes
changed scroll and tome sprites
v1.1.3
fixed bug with equipping unidentified armor or accessories
v1.2.0
added added orb of alchemy
used to upgrade a single magical item to rare quality
crafted with 1 soul of night and 3 cursed flame or ichor
drops in hardmode (2%)
added essence of favorable fate
allows a reroll on a single item
crafted with 1 bottled water, 1 ectoplasm, and 1 soul of sight
drops post-plantera (1%)
v1.2.1
fixed items not dropping properly and chests not storing items properly in multiplayer
v1.2.2
magic items can now roll chance on hit affixes
improved magic reduction scaling on weapons
fixed damage in jungle affix not working properly
fixed items not storing affix values properly in multiplayer
v1.2.4
fixed items sometimes turning to unidentified
v1.2.5
improved RNG system
v1.2.6
increased effectiveness of move speed affix

My mod is open-source! If you want to poke around my code, here is the link.

If you encounter a bug with my mod, feel free to send me a message and the steps you took to replicate it (it really helps me out)
I am open to suggestions about balancing or design, please post a reply with criticism.

Last edited:
Just played using this for awhile, and this is a great and worthwhile alternative (or even complement) to the "Even More Modifiers" mod. This seems a bit more simple if anything, which is fine by me. Compared to that mod from what I've seen, items in this mod get less modifiers -- keeping them a bit less OP. Which version you may prefer is up to one's preference of course.

The only issue I've encountered so far is that scrolls seem kind of fussy at times, or just buggy. Sometimes I click on them, and nothing seems to happen. Once it identified an item one to the right of the left corner item, rather than the unidentified one at the top left corner.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this mod so far, and highly recommend it to others who are looking to make their gear more unique and/or slightly more powerful (as seen in Even More Modifiers). The new scroll mechanic is fits in wonderfully and is great when it works. Looking forward to seeing what else you do with this already very useful mod. Kudos!

The only issue I've encountered so far is that scrolls seem kind of fussy at times, or just buggy. Sometimes I click on them, and nothing seems to happen. Once it identified an item one to the right of the left corner item, rather than the unidentified one at the top left corner.
Your mod breaks Multiplayer unfortunately. Get stuck on Recieving tile data: Complete.
These issues should be fixed in the newest version, thanks for the feedback.

Hey, I've really enjoyed using this mod but, unfortunately, I've encountered a game-breaking bug that unfortunately forces me to uninstall it for the time being. The issue is, using weapons that increase damage in the Jungle can not be used in the Jungle, and seems to sometimes result in a crash.

Hey, I've really enjoyed using this mod but, unfortunately, I've encountered a game-breaking bug that unfortunately forces me to uninstall it for the time being. The issue is, using weapons that increase damage in the Jungle can not be used in the Jungle, and seems to sometimes result in a crash.
Are you on the 1.2.2 update or higher? If so, can you tell me the circumstance besides being in the jungle?

Are you on the 1.2.2 update or higher? If so, can you tell me the circumstance besides being in the jungle?

Yes, I'm playing Terraria v1.3.5.2, with tModloader v0.10.0.2. There's not really any other circumstances; when I'm not in the Jungle, my two weapons that have said trait work just fine, but as soon as I enter, those two (and those two only) no longer work. If it's of any relevance, I have beaten the Eye of Cthulhu and King Slime, but no other non-modded bosses.

I'm not entirely sure of the circumstances, but at some points (perhaps through ctrl-tab or simply esc), some items in my inventory (in this case, weapons and armor from multiple different mods, including vanilla items) turn from whatever modifier they had previously to unidentified. This does not affect modded armor or accessories I am wearing (It did refresh a few vanilla accessories), nor does it seem to affect any weapons currently in my hotbar. My scrolls of identification in my inventory also dissapear. This happened multiple times within the time span of a few minutes (EDIT: It's happened twice during the writing of this post). I'm assuming this isn't intentional, although the reforge opportunity is nice. :3
Just wanted to let you know. May be an individual case, may not be. I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version of TModloader and this mod. Testing further with comrades currently.

EDIT: I think the scrolls dissapearing was user error (quick stacking, and I didn't notice), but my items are still refreshing in this odd way. I don't quite understand it >.<

at some points (perhaps through ctrl-tab or simply esc), some items in my inventory (in this case, weapons and armor from multiple different mods, including vanilla items) turn from whatever modifier they had previously to unidentified.
This should be fixed now, if it happens again after the update please tell me

Kim, I'm still getting the issue. Non-favorited items in my inventory (and a few vanilla accessories equipped) is still getting occasionally refreshed. Not sure why.

This is what I know:
- This probably can happen pre-hardmode (although I installed the mod on a hardmode world, so I wouldn't know)
- It has only affected modded armor, modded weapons, and accessories (that being said, I think that's because of the availability, so I wouldn't focus on those specifically)
- It usually happens when I'm AFK (or tabbed out, but if it were to happen mid-combat, I guess I wouldn't notice)
- Again, it doesn't happen to favorited items for some reason. (I'm aware none of this information help you significantly, but I want you to know <3)

Even with this issue, though, I can't express how much I love this mod. The variety of the different effects that it gives, and the excitement of reforging and creating sets of armor over and over again, trying to get better modifiers, really does stretch out the gameplay quite a lot (and that's a good thing). I only wish there was a way to get specific modifiers, perhaps with the value associated with it being random ..? Just a suggestion.

I'll keep in touch if you have any questions about the problem, but this is most of what I know. Keep it up!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it may be caused by crafting. I'd look into that.

Kim, I'm still getting the issue. Non-favorited items in my inventory (and a few vanilla accessories equipped) is still getting occasionally refreshed. Not sure why.

This is what I know:
- This probably can happen pre-hardmode (although I installed the mod on a hardmode world, so I wouldn't know)
- It has only affected modded armor, modded weapons, and accessories (that being said, I think that's because of the availability, so I wouldn't focus on those specifically)
- It usually happens when I'm AFK (or tabbed out, but if it were to happen mid-combat, I guess I wouldn't notice)
- Again, it doesn't happen to favorited items for some reason. (I'm aware none of this information help you significantly, but I want you to know <3)

Even with this issue, though, I can't express how much I love this mod. The variety of the different effects that it gives, and the excitement of reforging and creating sets of armor over and over again, trying to get better modifiers, really does stretch out the gameplay quite a lot (and that's a good thing). I only wish there was a way to get specific modifiers, perhaps with the value associated with it being random ..? Just a suggestion.

I'll keep in touch if you have any questions about the problem, but this is most of what I know. Keep it up!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it may be caused by crafting. I'd look into that.

Further testing shows that it's definitely caused by crafting items. One second I have my full set of armor in my inventory identified w/ one legendary and two rares, the next I craft two Calamity boss spawners, and bam, all unidentified. Again, they were the only unfavorited items.

Further testing shows that it's definitely caused by crafting items. One second I have my full set of armor in my inventory identified w/ one legendary and two rares, the next I craft two Calamity boss spawners, and bam, all unidentified. Again, they were the only unfavorited items.
I've tried to replicate your problem and wasn't able to do it, even on multiplayer. Are you able to record a video and send it to me of the bug happening?

Turns out I was a bit off with the crafting suspicion... the bug is instead caused by quick-stacking. I would have never guessed.
I've tried as hard as I can to replicate the bug, but I couldn't do it. Can you give me a list of the mods you have installed?

Geronimo’s Tinkerings | OmniSwingX | Echoes of the Ancients | Magic Storage | Reduced Grinding | Tremor Mod Remastered | ImkSushi’s Mod | Recipe Browser | Boss Checklist | Dual Wielding | Player Health and Mana | Elements Awoken | Infinity - Endless Items | Melee to Throw | Extraterrarial | Loot Bags | Yet Another Boss Health Bar | Summoners Association | ExperienceAndClasses | MoreAccessories+ | Fargo’s Mutant Mod: Summons And Souls | Melee To Throw | Calamity | Enemy Modifiers | Thorium | (your mod, of course) | Reforge Armor | Which Mod Is This From? | Expeditions Base | Expeditions Content Pack

That should be all, in the order we installed them in. They are all updated to the most recent version, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom