PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning off multicore lighting helped a lot of people with performance problems. If you can't start the game, you can delete the config file from my games and Terraria folder. Then new one with default values will be created, it is disabled in the 1.3.0.2 version by default, but it was not in 1.3.0.1.

Is anyone else having trouble with the EoC? I'm playing in Expert online using Steam, and when we kill it it drops nothing (and the Dryad doesn't seem to show up). This is absolutely game-breaking.

Is anyone else having trouble with the EoC? I'm playing in Expert online using Steam, and when we kill it it drops nothing (and the Dryad doesn't seem to show up). This is absolutely game-breaking.
For narrowing down sake, myself and 3 friends were doing an Expert mode multiplayer run all day, and had no issues with monster drops, for us we were using the traditional hosting method (evolve + dedicated hosting software), with myself as the host. So if the issue is server-related, its probably related to steam integration.

Its intended. "Retro water" with "retro lighting". I can see how that may be a little frustrating, but the intention was to keep these water styles as an option that way. :)

So... not sure if it is related or not, but shortly after getting home from work and piddling around with terraria, I started using the lighting option 'color'. It wasn't very long (maybe 15-20 minutes) into jumping back and forth between my server worlds transferring items that my game locked up. This was a very old issue I had in the 1.2 days that I finally managed to resolve by updating my graphics drivers. But it was literally game breaking (couldn't play Terraria for almost a year)

Now mind you, I played Terraria just yesterday for the better part of 5+ hours (before the 1.3.0.2 patch was released) and had no issues at all (retro lighting at the time). So I can only logically assume that either A) Color/trippy lighting hates my system for some reason or B) The 1.3.0.2 patch changed something.

But in any case I've updated my video drivers (again) and I'm reverting back to retro lighting because I don't want to take the chance of my game crashing like that again. It's corrupted my saves before (windows back up saved my :red:) and I don't want to put up with that crap.

Just thought I would relay the info.

Dude, you are complaining about compatibility issues with a 15 year old OS that is past its END OF LIFE. It is not supported anymore. END OF STORY! You are lucky that anything works on it, as developers literally can and SHOULD ignore you. Do you have any idea how hard software is to make? Especially cross platform software? I'm a software dev and I can tell you that Re-logic is being way more polite to you then 99% of other dev shops would be. The rest would tell you to suck it up and upgrade to a platform that is supported.

Sure, it's unsupported by Microsoft right now but if it would be unsupported in Terraria, it would have been cool to announce that in the changelog. A lot of Terraria players are still using XP since their low-end PCs can't handle newer Windowses (me included). Terraria is one the best games to play on a crappy hardware.

I don't know if that's the actual issue but I bet it's something close to that. So the only person to blame here is YOU cause your using an outdated UNSUPPORTED OS. Until you upgrade you have ZERO right to complain that the game crashes. ZERO.

Man devs hate people like you.
No need to come down on Koval92 like that. Sure he's asking way too often why isn't the issue fixed (and likely the devs know of the issue being there) but you could remind him that in a more mannered way. :)

Anyhow, let's just kick back and see what hotfixes devs are coming up with. They've been very responsive since launch and kudos for that!

changelog 1.3.0.2 PLZ!
Loki posted the changelog a while ago in this very same thread.

Nice update :dryadhappy:
I've been wait for it so long but the new update makes me pc more laggy D:

Thank for all developers for making this game :D
:redmunch:

Redigit I have a problem. I have windows xp 32bit and when i play terraria after 5-10 minutes of gaming (on singleplayerand multiplayer) my terraria is crashing i shows me that window
60130-13d1af2dc0d94a732e5d14440c8ae19e.jpg
how can I fix it ? (me and lot of players have that problem)

Attachments

• bandicam 2015-07-01 12-55-56-375.jpg
    bandicam 2015-07-01 12-55-56-375.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 298
Sure, it's unsupported by Microsoft right now but if it would be unsupported in Terraria, it would have been cool to announce that in the changelog. A lot of Terraria players are still using XP since their low-end PCs can't handle newer Windowses (me included). Terraria is one the best games to play on a crappy hardware.

Actually creating the world and drawing all the blocks is kinda CPU (Central Processing Unit) intensive. Because world gen is really generating a world, not just loading stock maps pre-generated. This requires a fair bit of math and LOTS of operations. It doesn't surprise me in the least that computers that can't run Windows 7 struggle when playing Terraria.

And Microsoft dropping support for Windows XP was the announcement that Terraria was "officially" unsupported on XP. Because as my example pointed out at any time Microsoft could change the underlying Windows API and there's nothing Re-Logic could do about that. Which means that the End Of Life for XP was the official end of support for any software that didn't EXPLICITLY state otherwise.

No need to come down on Koval92 like that. Sure he's asking way too often why isn't the issue fixed (and likely the devs know of the issue being there) but you could remind him that in a more mannered way. :)

Nothing changed, and no help from creators on fps lag - crashes. I quit. Worst waste of money in my life.

^^ His next message makes it abundantly clear that no amount of coddling is going to make a difference in his attitude. He deserves everything coming to him.

Nothing changed, and no help from creators on fps lag - crashes. I quit. Worst waste of money in my life.

Whether you leave or stay, you are to stop this negative and repetitive rant immediately. We get it: you're having difficulties. You're not the only one. ALL reported issues are being worked on, and ALL issues are receiving serious attention. You do not deserve or get special attention on your special issue for being the loudest or grumpiest.

It's gotten to the point where you are annoying other members, and that we cannot allow. Any continuation of this behavior by you will result in removal of your privilege to post in those threads. This is the last warning you're going to get on this matter.

can you help me my character is very unresponsive it takes him a few seconds to move then he keeps moving after i let go of the the key how do i fix this.

If you are having FPS issues, please make sure multicore lighting is off and then let us know how that helps - or doesn't?

Frame Skip can help too.

We just want to get a sense for how many are fixed with the multicore default swap.

Be patient - we are working tirelessly to find and fix all that we can. I understand the frustration, but throwing nasty angry jabs won't make a single fix come faster. Channel that energy into helping us diagnose and fix the issue instead - provided it isn't user-side.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom