PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off Everything added is AMAZING! but......MULTIPLAYER IN STEAM ISN'T WORKING :( I can' join my friends game , and if he invites me an I click join it just pops up a cute little message saying "playing terraria: online" Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for the great work on the game though, still one of my all time favs!
[DOUBLEPOST=1435696956,1435696466][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you host/join games via Steam? when i go to Multiplayer>join via Steam it just brings up the steam overlay and i cannot seem to figure out how to host a game with it.
Any help?

you go to host & Play just like before and it sets it up, and then once in settings go to invite and it should let you invite friends. Only problem is one I do that and my friends, who have terraria running , click JOIN it doesn't let them in ...So if you figure it out let me know haha

The Steam cloud feature would work if you have Steam. Otherwise you need to go into the right folders and copy the data. I believe it's somewhere within the Users category.

Well I am using steam, but the whole syncing with the cloud and transferring data doesn't seem to be automatic. Is there any way to sync everything?

Well I am using steam, but the whole syncing with the cloud and transferring data doesn't seem to be automatic. Is there any way to sync everything?
You have to do it with each character and world. Go into the game, go to the character menu, and in each there is a button that says "synch to steam cloud" the same on the world menu. Click those, and you should be good.

Hey guys. When we have our first set of fixes, we will be posting them in this changelog thread. Please check here - and in this thread's OP for fixes as they come.

Definitely a thread to bookmark!

First round coming soon. :)

Hot off the presses guys - first round of fixes (also added to the OP)

TERRARIA 1.3.0.2 HOTFIX
CORE GAME FIXES
  • Multicore lighting will now be disabled for everyone, although you may reenable it in the settings.
  • Fixed issue with bubbles and reversed gravity.
  • Fixed several crashes.
  • "Star Power" and "Get A Life" achievements will no longer be granted upon entering a world.
  • Fixed an issue with black squares appearing on backgrounds when using retro lighting.
  • Capture mode will now disable itself if your computer cannot handle it.
  • Fixed a stacking issue with wires.
  • Made the "Rock Bottom" achievement slightly easier to get.
  • Various Balance tweaks
MULTIPLAYER FIXES
  • You will now be able to enter the password every time when entering or creating a server.
  • Many issues with the dedicated server and its configurations have been resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where users would be unable to invite eachother when in "Invite Only" mode.
  • IMPORTANT: Due to some changes in this hotfix, multiplayer will not be compatible between 1.3.0.2 and previous versions.
  • New Dedicated Server Software can be downloaded from any of the previous links or by clicking HERE

Hot off the presses guys - first round of fixes (also added to the OP)

TERRARIA 1.3.0.2 HOTFIX
CORE GAME FIXES
  • Multicore lighting will now be disabled for everyone, although you may reenable it in the settings.
  • Fixed issue with bubbles and reversed gravity.
  • Fixed several crashes.
  • "Star Power" and "Get A Life" achievements will no longer be granted upon entering a world.
  • Fixed an issue with black squares appearing on backgrounds when using retro lighting.
  • Capture mode will now disable itself if your computer cannot handle it.
  • Fixed a stacking issue with wires.
  • Made the "Rock Bottom" achievement slightly easier to get.
  • Various Balance tweaks
MULTIPLAYER FIXES
  • You will now be able to enter the password every time when entering or creating a server.
  • Many issues with the dedicated server and its configurations have been resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where users would be unable to invite eachother when in "Invite Only" mode.
  • IMPORTANT: Due to some changes in this hotfix, multiplayer will not be compatible between 1.3.0.2 and previous versions.
  • New Dedicated Server Software can be downloaded from any of the previous links or by clicking HERE
Better fix :red: fps since 1.3 launch and game crashing after 3 seconds.

@Loki could you please link a download just for the hotfixes/ patches? instead of having to re-download the entire game each time? or is that not possible with the gog/steam versions being seperate?

Better fix :red: fps since 1.3 launch and game crashing after 3 seconds.

@Koval92, make sure you try out the deactivated multi-core lighting, it may well have been related to that issue. It may also help to try out the new hotfix before getting angry about what it did or did not address.

@Loki could you please link a download just for the hotfixes/ patches? instead of having to re-download the entire game each time? or is that not possible with the gog/steam versions being seperate?
I don't believe this is possible, Steam and GOG have their own methods of updating. Sorry. At least Terraria is a relatively small download (compared to other modern games).

Thanks for the quick hotfix but, unfortunate for me, the game still crashes for me under Windows XP when I spawn into the world.

(Yes, I know XP isn't a safe OS anymore. My laptop can't handle newer Windowses well.)

Edit: I replied to a XP crash thread.

Last edited:
I deactivated everything and game keeps behaving terribly. If game like don't starve works perfectly, you don't need to be an expert to know, that problem is withing terraria, not my computer. FPS tragic, crash 3 sec after entering the world, must restart computer with a button cause it stops reacting. Just like others i have Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom