• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Resolved 1.3 crashes on "Save & Exit" if player file is read-only

YellowAfterlife

Official Terrarian
Reproduction:
  1. Set the .plr or .plr.bak file to be "read-only" via the file properties window.
  2. Load the profile.
  3. Pick "Save & Exit" from the menu.
The game then quietly crashes, producing no crashlog file (or not in a common location by least).
While the player file attributes should not change if they are only ever modified by the game, they may on other occasions, and the game should probably be doing something more meaningful than crashing outright.

joe78man

Terrarian
This is old, but I'm having the issue described. This post mentions something that opened my eyes. I have google drive active and saving the files, and THAT might be making the file 'read only like' while backing it up. That might be the reason for the crash. I'll have to test it and sort it out.
Thanks

Top Bottom