1.3 Expert Hardmode is too hard?

I once said Dark Souls was "too hard", now I can beat it without (almost) dying once. Nothing is "too hard" if you have patience and perseverance.

I've only done a tiny bit of HM and I was lucky to get a yo-yo from the skeleton merchant on day 1. Probably very lucky.

I didn't think Pre-hardmode was too difficult, not once you get use to it.

I'm not looking forward to level scaling in HM, that :red: just annoys me, you should know your enemy and have a sense of progression I reckon, having mobs stay at my level the entire time isn't going to be fun.

I once said Dark Souls was "too hard", now I can beat it without (almost) dying once. Nothing is "too hard" if you have patience and perseverance.

I've only done a tiny bit of HM and I was lucky to get a yo-yo from the skeleton merchant on day 1. Probably very lucky.

I didn't think Pre-hardmode was too difficult, not once you get use to it.

I'm not looking forward to level scaling in HM, that :red: just annoys me, you should know your enemy and have a sense of progression I reckon, having mobs stay at my level the entire time isn't going to be fun.

Lol. My first playthrough of Dark Souls was a Belmont run. No shield, one whip, one-handed with throwing items and a couple of miracles. It was epic fun. Especially when you zone in to someone's game as a Sunbro and spank face with just a whip.

I don't think Mothron is that hard. Granted I've played more than you (777h) but the only point I really regretted choosing Expert mode over Normal mode was when Pirates came and I was still on Molten armour, that was horrible. My personal strategy for Mothron was to fly backwards from it, and use a Yo-Yo or other similar long reach weapon. The Eye of Cthulhu is really good for that sort of thing.

Expert mode is, as it states, for experts. If you're not up to the challenge of scaling-with-your-progression mobs, then so be it. By hardmode, green slimes won't die to a swing of a Terra Blade. You have to accept that Expert mode is mean't to be challenging, not just when fighting bosses. If you weren't up for the challenge, you shouldn't have tried it.

Also, I'm not trying to say you're bad or anything. I die all the time to regular mobs in expert. Everyone does. Especially since, as I stated, mobs scale with your progression. When hardmode starts, pre-hardmode mobs get stronger. After Plantera (I believe, not 100% sure), all mobs get another boost. It makes the game less stale.

Skeletron is harder than WoF. Trust me. Molten armor is a must, as well as potions, and at least a small arena with potential for high mobility.
And the worm scarf is arguably the best expert mode drop. Anyone who does not have it in expert mode, obviously is having a challenge. :p

I have molten armor, and the worm scarf. I also use Minishark, Beam Sword, Imp Staff, and Molten Fury. I have plenty of room for mobility, and I almost beat him last night, but I got hit too many times by his homing skulls.
As for WoF, there is so much stuff in my way that I either need to clear out of the way, or dodge(going both directions. That I'm having a hard time, despite having Lava Waders, Lightning Boots, and a Cloud in a Balloon for mobility.

I have molten armor, and the worm scarf. I also use Minishark, Beam Sword, Imp Staff, and Molten Fury. I have plenty of room for mobility, and I almost beat him last night, but I got hit too many times by his homing skulls.
Minishark is essentially useless in that fight. If you can, search the underworld for a Hellwing Bow. That will help both with skeletron and WoF.

As for WoF, there is so much stuff in my way that I either need to clear out of the way, or dodge(going both directions. That I'm having a hard time, despite having Lava Waders, Lightning Boots, and a Cloud in a Balloon for mobility.

You need a hellbridge. And to clear out a path so you can jump and run while shooting backwards. You can't beat him without it. As for speed, I'd recommend fishing until the Angler hands over a Fuzzy Carrot. The bunny mount is fast enough to outrun WoF.

Minishark is essentially useless in that fight. If you can, search the underworld for a Hellwing Bow. That will help both with skeletron and WoF.

Don't I need the shadow key to get that though? I have to beat Skeletron first to get one of those. Which I haven't done yet.

You need a hellbridge. And to clear out a path so you can jump and run while shooting backwards. You can't beat him without it. As for speed, I'd recommend fishing until the Angler hands over a Fuzzy Carrot. The bunny mount is fast enough to outrun WoF.

With Lava Waders I thought I wouldn't need a bridge that much as long as I cleared out most of what would block my movement. Turned out I was massively wrong on that. I've been fishing more recently, so I'll try out your suggestion.

Don't I need the shadow key to get that though? I have to beat Skeletron first to get one of those. Which I haven't done yet.

Oh, right. For some reason I thought I had it before skeletron >.< Don't hurt me. Anyways, since that's not an option, make sure you take down both the arms around the same time to "skip" the homing skulls phase. After that, remain mobile, and don't stop shooting at his head. His spin attack is lethal, if you're hit by it, there's almost no hope of winning.

With Lava Waders I thought I wouldn't need a bridge that much as long as I cleared out most of what would block my movement. Turned out I was massively wrong on that. I've been fishing more recently, so I'll try out your suggestion.

A hellbridge is the only way I can see of being mobile enough, and the bunny has just enough speed to outrun WoF's fastest speeds.

Oh, right. For some reason I thought I had it before skeletron >.< Don't hurt me. Anyways, since that's not an option, make sure you take down both the arms around the same time to "skip" the homing skulls phase. After that, remain mobile, and don't stop shooting at his head. His spin attack is lethal, if you're hit by it, there's almost no hope of winning.

Interesting. I need to check if the Traveling Merchant sells that one bow in pre-hardmode. That might work.

A hellbridge is the only way I can see of being mobile enough, and the bunny has just enough speed to outrun WoF's fastest speeds.

I was plenty fast, but those lasers got harder and harder to dodge. Of course, I only had the Lightning Boots and Cloud in a Balloon. Maybe I need to make a Bundle of Balloons to dodge effectively. That might help with Skeletron too.

Interesting. I need to check if the Traveling Merchant sells that one bow in pre-hardmode. That might work.

I was plenty fast, but those lasers got harder and harder to dodge. Of course, I only had the Lightning Boots and Cloud in a Balloon. Maybe I need to make a Bundle of Balloons to dodge effectively. That might help with Skeletron too.
Nah, the bundle of balloons is completely unnecessary. As long as you have the Cloud in a Balloon and Lightning boots, the bunny mount will work fine. And you can always eject if you need to ;)

And if the bow you mean is the Pulse Bow, unfortunately no. He does not sell it pre-HM.

Nah, the bundle of balloons is completely unnecessary. As long as you have the Cloud in a Balloon and Lightning boots, the bunny mount will work fine. And you can always eject if you need to ;)

Never gotten a mount in Terraria before, so I don't know how effective "ejecting" is.

And if the bow you mean is the Pulse Bow, unfortunately no. He does not sell it pre-HM.

Yeah, that's the one, it's also the only thing I could think of that might be powerful enough. Well, other than that Uzi I got before 1.3 came out. I would need to go and grab it from another world, which was mostly played by another character.

Never gotten a mount in Terraria before, so I don't know how effective "ejecting" is.
In 1.3 it's very effective. Just hit "R" and your mount will poof away, letting you return to normal movement.

Yeah, that's the one, it's also the only thing I could think of that might be powerful enough. Well, other than that Uzi I got before 1.3 came out. I would need to go and grab it from another world, which was mostly played by another character.
If you don't mind bringing things from HM worlds to pre-HM worlds, then by all means go ahead. I just feel that's a bit cheatsy :p If you can beat Skeletron before WoF, you should be fine, provided you can find a shadow chest with a Hellwing Bow.

In 1.3 it's very effective. Just hit "R" and your mount will poof away, letting you return to normal movement.

Okay, that might work.

If you don't mind bringing things from HM worlds to pre-HM worlds, then by all means go ahead. I just feel that's a bit cheatsy :p If you can beat Skeletron before WoF, you should be fine, provided you can find a shadow chest with a Hellwing Bow.

The Uzi isn't a HM weapon IIRC. You get it as an extremely rare drop from Man Eaters in the Jungle.

The Uzi isn't a HM weapon IIRC. You get it as an extremely rare drop from Man Eaters in the Jungle.

Unfortunately not.
From the wiki: "The Uzi is a HardmodeGun. It fires Bullets at high velocity, with a high rate of fire, and with high damage output. Musket Balls and Silver Bullets shot from this weapon gain the effects (but not damage) of High Velocity Bullets. It has a 1/100 (1%) (
Pc_only.png
) 1/200 (.5%) (
Console_only.png
Mobile_only.png
) chance to drop from an Angry Trapper."
:(

I do agree expert mode is way too hard. I went onto someone's expert mode. I was endgame. Full Nebula armor. A bat, hits me, 100 damage.
WTF!?

Yes, I understand this is supposed to be a challenge but at least add some logic into it..

I think I'd be better off running into the hardmode jungle with the wooden tier than with full nebula gear at this point. There is no difference anymore.

I do agree expert mode is way too hard. I went onto someone's expert mode. I was endgame. Full Nebula armor. A bat, hits me, 100 damage.
WTF!?

Yes, I understand this is supposed to be a challenge but at least add some logic into it..

I think I'd be better off running into the hardmode jungle with the wooden tier than with full nebula gear at this point. There is no difference anymore.
Uh that's part of the mob scaling, enemies get stronger if you wear stronger armor so they are always challenging.

Back
Top Bottom