1.3 Expert Hardmode is too hard?

I actually think it was the razorblade typhoon.

Anyways, I've fought the Moon Lord multiple times and I'M NOT DOING CHEESE STRATS DON'T EVEN SUGGEST IT. My biggest problem is that big-:red: laser, there's no real warning that it's coming. Any tips?
If you see the top eye open, as quuck as possible be ready to fly around the head to avoid the laser. Blocks can also be used for a shield.
I don't think Mothron is that hard. Granted I've played more than you (777h) but the only point I really regretted choosing Expert mode over Normal mode was when Pirates came and I was still on Molten armour, that was horrible. My personal strategy for Mothron was to fly backwards from it, and use a Yo-Yo or other similar long reach weapon. The Eye of Cthulhu is really good for that sort of thing.
The EoC yoyo is dropped by Mothron, meaning you have to kill it for a chance at getting it.
I do agree expert mode is way too hard. I went onto someone's expert mode. I was endgame. Full Nebula armor. A bat, hits me, 100 damage.
WTF!?

Yes, I understand this is supposed to be a challenge but at least add some logic into it..

I think I'd be better off running into the hardmode jungle with the wooden tier than with full nebula gear at this point. There is no difference anymore.
In Expert Mode, certain enemies get increased stats after major points, meaning your friend must be far into Hardmode.

Can't be bothered to slog through five pages of burning debate on whether people need to "get good" or not.

Here's my two cents, though. I believe you simply need to prepare a bit, and be safe. Treat enemies like they're all Medusas, and you'll be absolutely fine. My friend and I did the Goblin Invasion in hardmode expert with molten armor and pre-hardmode weapons, and we did alright. Managed to get the Shadowflame Knife and the Shadowflame Bow, then we wrecked some Wyverns and Ice Golems for wings.
Expert hardmode is indeed not too difficult as you seem to think it is. Granted, him and I both have about 600 more hours into the game than you, but it's alright. Practice makes perfect.
:D

Though, some people can't be bothered to farm Goblin Scouts as well to make the Goblin Battle Standard, but trust me, you should definitely do it. Having the shadowflame weapons helps more than you think it will in early/mid hardmode.

Can't be bothered to slog through five pages of burning debate on whether people need to "get good" or not.

Here's my two cents, though. I believe you simply need to prepare a bit, and be safe. Treat enemies like they're all Medusas, and you'll be absolutely fine. My friend and I did the Goblin Invasion in hardmode expert with molten armor and pre-hardmode weapons, and we did alright. Managed to get the Shadowflame Knife and the Shadowflame Bow, then we wrecked some Wyverns and Ice Golems for wings.
Expert hardmode is indeed not too difficult as you seem to think it is. Granted, him and I both have about 600 more hours into the game than you, but it's alright. Practice makes perfect.
:D
SomeONE better then me who didn't smash me. What a surprise. :p
+1

Somewhere better then me who didn't smash me. What a surprise. :p
+1

I don't like to smash people, but you're right. Just because someone is better than you at the game/has more hours, doesn't give them the right to talk down to you. Also, you misspelled "someone".
Another suggestion from me would be to git gud create farms for items, souls of night/light, specifically, because the drops from Crimson/Hallowed Mimics are amazingly useful for the Mechanical Bosses in expert, and normal mode.

I don't like to smash people, but you're right. Just because someone is better than you at the game/has more hours, doesn't give them the right to talk down to you. Also, you misspelled "someone".
Another suggestion from me would be to git gud create farms for items, souls of night/light, specifically, because the drops from Crimson/Hallowed Mimics are amazingly useful for the Mechanical Bosses in expert, and normal mode.
I've done all zat. I've got the 'good' weapons and gear from the crimson and hallowed mimics of my world.
I haven't played in a few days cause for me Terraria gets stale after no-lifing it for two days.

I always get killed by Skeletron near the end. Getting out of his head-roll trap isn't too hard, I just quickly switch to slime mount, jump as high as I can, de-mount and put distance. The problem is later when Skeletron has low health, his head-roll attack is insta-kill.

I've done all zat. I've got the 'good' weapons and gear from the crimson and hallowed mimics of my world.
I haven't played in a few days cause for me Terraria gets stale after no-lifing it for two days.

What is life? Hue. :naughty:
In any case though, Goblin Army. If you asked me whether I'd used the Bananarangs or the Shadowflame Knife more in my melee-only expert playthrough, I'd say the Knife. I even had a full stack of bananas, too.
The Shadowflame Bow takes down Wyverns, Ice Golems, and the like pretty easily. Same can be said of the other two Shadowflame weapons.

GOBLIN ARMY IS LIEF

What is life? Hue. :naughty:
In any case though, Goblin Army. If you asked me whether I'd used the Bananarangs or the Shadowflame Knife more in my melee-only expert playthrough, I'd say the Knife. I even had a full stack of bananas, too.
The Shadowflame Bow takes down Wyverns, Ice Golems, and the like pretty easily. Same can be said of the other two Shadowflame weapons.

GOBLIN ARMY IS LIEF
I have the shadlowflame bow too ahaha. No knife though. I got the magic weapon that the sorcerer spawns and the flame bow, not the knives.

But in all honesty, sometimes I don't understand why people say things are hard. It may be frustrating, but it's doable. It was worse for me when I started off, since everything wanted to murder me and all I had was a wooden yoyo. In Hardmode, the enemies may kill you faster, but you also kill them faster.
There's a food chain in expert, and you just have to be on top of it.

I've yet to encounter a goblin scout in my entirety of this playthrough, which is like 20+ hours now. Dart gun is amaaaaazing, btw.

Also, anyone else notice that Crystal Storm doesn't bounce anymore?

I also can't find any titanium in my world, despite it spawning when I busted the altars.

I've yet to encounter a goblin scout in my entirety of this playthrough, which is like 20+ hours now. Dart gun is amaaaaazing, btw.

Also, anyone else notice that Crystal Storm doesn't bounce anymore?

I also can't find any titanium in my world, despite it spawning when I busted the altars.
Have you tried going to the underworld and flying up into the underground jungle with some spelunkers? That's how I found most of mine.

If you don't mind using cheesy tactics, a slime statue can help you easily beat Duke Fishron. With its mount and an arena with bubble block and honey, most boss fight will be trivial.

If you don't mind using cheesy tactics, a slime statue can help you easily beat Duke Fishron. With its mount and an arena with bubble block and honey, most boss fight will be trivial.

Duke Fishron himself is cheesy since he can't leave ocean biomes now. And my oceans are small.

If there's one thing I learned from Expert Mode, you are never prepared enough. We had to retry Plantera 4 times before we finally got to find the perfect setup to defeat it, every single time we altered our gears to compensate for the reasons of the last failure. We eventually got to beat it with quite ease, regardless of our failures.

Granted however, a lot of the hardmode events tiers are now rather messed up. Eclipse clearly has better loots and is harder than Golem, but it can happen much sooner. The moon events and Fishron clearly drop better loots and are harder than Golem (Fishron's third phase bruh) but killing Golem can easily trigger the Martian Event, which is better and harder than the events mentioned earlier. Of course along with that, a clueless player could easily also trigger the lunar event on accident.

I don't honestly see expert mode as a "worth" change from normal mode as while some of the expert exclusives are great, they don't affect gameplay as hard. The only reason of playing through it should be enjoying the challenge and being fine with putting up with whatever set of gears and time spent on preparations you need to pass the challenge. Essentially it's a pain in the :red:, some people enjoy such pain in the :red:, which is the reason why all the expert mode changes were made optional with really few worthwhile extra rewards.

I found a plantera bulb just now. Trying to brain storm an arena.
Make it really big. Like imagine a standard Plantera arena and triple it. Heart Lanterns, campfires and peace candles all around. Keep the Nurse nearby.

Back
Top Bottom