1.3 For YOUR Timezone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 PM.
Not bad.
Would've liked it a few hours earlier, but nope. Timezones prefer those living in Hawaii.
KNto5mJ.gif

Alright guys, the table has been fixed.

Fixed? What was wrong with it?

Well, when I made this table, I made two fundamental mistakes.

1. Not understanding how Daylight Saving Time actually works.
  2. Forgetting that the Earth has two hemispheres and that it won't be summer in both at the same time.
So, long story short, the table was correct only for people who actually live in the Northern Hemisphere and in a country that has DST, so that would mean an incorrect time for everyone who lives in... well, anywhere that isn't North America or Europe (excluding Russia and some other countries).

So what, I have to wait EVEN LONGER for 1.3 now?

Well, that's actually the funny thing: no. Everyone who lives in a country with the aforementioned condition will still get it on the initial time indicated, but everyone else will actually get an hour earlier!
ngbbs4bbfab063c4cc.jpg

That's right, less waiting! Well, still as much as everyone else, but it's the morale boost that counts.

Of course that doesn't mean that that's an excuse for me messing up, so I want to offer my sincere apologies to anyone who I gave a false release time, and the terrible agony of the wait that came with it. The current table should be completely correct, unless I accidentally put a Southern Hemisphere country in the Northern Hemisphere (geography is not my strong suit). If you are in doubt, feel free to ask!

You forgot Central Time, which is noon.
Central_Time_Zone_CST.png

The 4 big time zones are Central, Pacific, Eastern (What Re-Logic uses), and Western. We should maybe move this to your thread, since this is off topic.

Alright then. :happy:

I do believe I have all four of them, though, perhaps not with all the states in the examples (that would be fifty states, a bit much).

Pacfic (UCT-07:00) = United States (Arizona) (no DST), United States (California, most of Nevada, most of Oregon,Washington (state))
Mountain (UCT-06:00) = United States (Colorado)
Central (UCT-05:00) = United States (Illinois, most ofTexas)
Eastern (UCT-04:00) = United States (most of Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, most of Michigan, most of Indiana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Washington, D.C.)

Those are all one UCT higher because of DST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I got tired of people constantly asking "When will it come out in <location> I have no idea what GMT means" -- I suppose now when someone asks, I'll just redirect them to this thread! ;D Thanks! ~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom