PS4 1.3 is terrible on PS4

Vitamin Arrr

Terrarian
Guys. Please put the UI back like it was. Make the gameplay like it was. Add back all the features you removed.

Maybe there are new enemies and crafting items, but losing the old UI was not worth it.

This new UI is absolute garbage. We lost some really nice inventory management features, like bulk transfer. We lost separate screens for each inventory or crafting area. We lost the hotkey assignment for D-pad (this is crucial; the game is practically unplayable without this). We lost the ability to zoom in on the screen, making it now a migraine inducing experience.

I understand wanting to have a shared code-base for PC and console, but you could have done it without removing all the custom console UI stuff. This is just lazy programming that you rushed out to release WAY before it was ready, without a public beta, and without getting feedback from the console players.

I had been excited for this update but now I wish I had never downloaded it.

How long until you release a real successor to the old PS4 Terraria, and fix all these issues? Another two years?

Maybe on PC devs can release crapware like this and let the users mod it until it’s playable, but we don’t have such a luxury...

Well, I deleted Terraria. I so disguested and off-put by this 1.3 downgrade.

Hopefully someday you fix it and deliver a worthy successor to the previous version. Whoever made this one should be fired.

Pretty much all of the stuff you said you couldn't do, you can. Things such as the D-pad hotkeys, you can do. Zooming in, you can do. Bulk transfer, you can do. Personally, I like the UI. Being able to place stuff outside of your inventory without having to put them in your hotbar is a lifesaver. Sure, some people see the UI as a downgrade, but there are those of us who see everything Pipeworks did as an upgrade. And they didn't rush it. It took about a year for 1.3 on consoles to be made, which is a very long time for an update. And they weren't "lazy". They fixed most of the bugs from the previous console versions; they also had to rebuild the entire Terraria codebase for console 1.3.

That isn't "lazy." That's dedicated.

Pretty much all of the stuff you said you couldn't do, you can. Things such as the D-pad hotkeys, you can do. Zooming in, you can do. Bulk transfer, you can do. Personally, I like the UI. Being able to place stuff outside of your inventory without having to put them in your hotbar is a lifesaver. Sure, some people see the UI as a downgrade, but there are those of us who see everything Pipeworks did as an upgrade. And they didn't rush it. It took about a year for 1.3 on consoles to be made, which is a very long time for an update. And they weren't "lazy". They fixed most of the bugs from the previous console versions; they also had to rebuild the entire Terraria codebase for console 1.3.

That isn't "lazy." That's dedicated.

How do you do the dpad hotkeys? How do you see a single screen for each category instead of the whole screen being cluttered?

Hi @Vitamin Arrr, you can see this post for the most frequently asked questions, along with some current workarounds. The D-pad is explained there. https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/

The d-pad setting is very non-intuitive. What button is the white circle filled with white, and the white circle filled with black? The PS4 controller has no such buttons. Only the original XBOX controller had buttons like that!

Also how do you cange the translucency of the inventory and crafting UIs? How do you change the font to something legible?

The d-pad setting is very non-intuitive. What button is the white circle filled with white, and the white circle filled with black? The PS4 controller has no such buttons. Only the original XBOX controller had buttons like that!

Also how do you cange the translucency of the inventory and crafting UIs? How do you change the font to something legible?
I agree that the D-Pad setting is not intuitive, and I also think the items you bind to it should remain when you quit and restart, however, they don't right now.

The transparency issue is a bug right now. I believe if you zoom even a little bit, the UI goes transparent. That's something that's being looked into. Not sure about the font. :)

Back
Top Bottom