Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I wouldn't really use the smart cursor to mine more than a few blocks past the player. Anything farther than that, it's a better idea to toggle it off and work it manually.

That said, I would consider the fact that the cursor being on the right side of the player while the smart cursor is focusing on a block behind the player to be a potential issue. That's fine with the smart cursor when building but when destroying...not so much.

Hrms, not sure I'd want that as an inherent ability. Being able to toggle hammer time(couldn't help it) though isn't a bad idea.

Well, it's not just when the cursor is all the way over there, but that's just kinda the easiest way to show that the smart select is broken. I don't use the smart select for anything that far out, but I just needed an easy way of showing that the smart select is just broken.

Well, it's not just when the cursor is all the way over there, but that's just kinda the easiest way to show that the smart select is broken. I don't use the smart select for anything that far out, but I just needed an easy way of showing that the smart select is just broken.
Eh, got on an older char with a Pickaxe Axe and I see what you mean. Sadly, not really sure if there's a good method of fixing the problem outside of perhaps removing the tree cutting capabilities of the laser drill. That said, I'll admit that I don't think it's something that's an issue for me, only tend to use smart cursor when mining tunnels or leveling out an area and in the latter case, there's few times where that'd be a problem.

That aside, an unrelated bit of feedback:
It'd be freaking awesome if the piggy bank(and, optionally, the safe) had designated coin slots. It really drives my inner OCD inventory manager nuts when I quickstack coins and end up with an even 100 copper/silver/gold and have the resulting empty space taken up by some other item.

Edit: Expert mutterings: Just learned of the lava slime spawning lava on death. That's just mean. :p

Last edited:
I posted this under bugs because I thought it was insane that this was intended. I was then sent to this thread, which seeing 28 pages on makes me highly skeptical of the read rate of posts but here goes:
Bloodmoons shouldn't be pink. Everything is great but this is ridiculous. It doesn't look good and it doesn't make sense. I realize as a game designer you can do w/e you want, and obviously my opinion means fairly little against that. But you made a REAL LIFE inspired event into bubblegum.
I dunno about you, but bubblegum doesn't intimidate me...

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Hi Terraria Dev Team,

I'm currently playing in expert mode and what I notice is when you open golden crates, you usually get about 15-25 bars of something and when I check the terraria wiki, it says the range is 15-30 bars. Though since I'm playing in a expert mode world should the loot attain from crates be increased? Hope you could make this minor change in a future update

Hi Terraria Dev Team,

I'm currently playing in expert mode and what I notice is when you open golden crates, you usually get about 15-25 bars of something and when I check the terraria wiki, it says the range is 15-30 bars. Though since I'm playing in a expert mode world should the loot attain from crates be increased? Hope you could make this minor change in a future update
Given that expert mode doesn't really do anything to change how fishing works as far as I know, I don't really think there's a good reason for giving the crates increased drops.

Edit: Expert Feedback:

Whelp, finally got around to fighting my first bosses in Expert mode and I gotta say, I'm a little thrown off by how little damage they did compared to many of the mobs. Granted, I do think their health making them a more persistent threat does kinda offset the lower damage per hit.

On to boss impressions:

Eater of Worlds: To be honest, EoW didn't feel too different from normal mode to me. I know it has the vile spit now but since I kinda waited till I had molten armor, it wasn't too bad. Got ready for the fight with the intention of using a molten bow with hellfire arrows only to grab a vilethorn off my second smashed orb that made very quick work of the segments.

Eye of Cthulhu: EoC new "spazz out dashes" and the increased eye spawns were very noticeable. I am not terribly thrilled with how it pretty much defaults to the spazz dash attack at low health. What I'd suggest instead is the following for phase 2:

At the beginning of phase 2, give EoC a 10-25% chance to do a spazz dash after any normal dash. As health diminishes, increase the percentage accordingly to a max of 75% chance. After each spazz dash, do an another check for additional dashes using the following algorithm:
Base chance - (25 * # of previous dashes). In other words, base chance to for the first dash, base chance minus 25 for the second and base chance minus 50 for the third. At max 75% dash chance, there's a 50% chance to dash a second time and a 25% chance to then dash one final time. This would add some variety as well as uncertainty to its attack patterns while still allowing the player an opportunity to do some targeted damage.

Finally, I believe the perks from the Worm Scarf and the Shield of Cthulhu should be swapped. Frankly, the scarf's 17% damage reduction is too good to only be available in corrupt worlds. If need be, add some sort of aura(transparent EoW head surrounding the player for instance) when dashing to make the scarf a bit more thematically appropriate for the dash attack.

Last edited:
I think I am currently in an infinite eclipse/night/eclipse loop and it's pretty awesome. Seems kinda fishy to me for some reason. Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Man, that Expert Moon Lord it's god damn hard XD
The only thing I'm sad about now it's that I want to play Expert in my old map. Better than that, I want to put all my creations in a new world.
Someone suggested me to use the World Edit, but I feel wrong by doing that.
Whatever, that update was awesome, and beside what I've said, there's nothing to blame (yet).
The new items, new bosses, new everything. Just WOW.

This got kinda fixed in 1.3.0.4, so hey.

I liked the way the slime mount used to move...i understand the faster fall for goombastomp mechanic, but at least bring back the old version of its buoyancy where you'd shoot to the surface when underwater?

I found a bug with the Stardust Dragon summon. If you summon it to full length, or at least a length that you are wearing summoner armor for, and take all the summoner gear off, the dragons tail will disappear completely. And sometimes the tail falls on the ground while the rest of the dragon flies around. Another bug I literally just found as I was getting my screenshot of this up ( I know this was the one due to the fact I have only taken one screenshot, which was that one) That the star dust dragon does not seem to always show up in screenshots.

mounts are too much better than wings, before it was something unique but now they're just wings that look funny and don't take a slot

would have been better to continue keeping us from using items and limit us to the mount's newly added abilities(slime's goomba stomp, unicorn charge, scutlix lasers) while riding.

that way mount is slotless mobility at the cost of having to dismiss and resommon them to do most things. wings still have their place in the game and mounts are no longer totally helpless anyway. (maybe add an accessory that lets us do everything from mountback, "utility saddle"?(an expert mode item findable in all bags?))

v 1.3.0.4 Feedback

You hit the Martian Probe spawn rate way too hard with the nerfbat. I've gone days with the battle potion and water candle in effect without seeing a single one. Please at least provide an item to initiate the event like the goblin army and pirate invasion have.

Thanks,

General Feedback:
With the introduction of Vicious Powder as the crimson counterpart to Vile Powder, the Dryad should be selling it during Blood Moons much like she does with Vile Powder on worlds that generated with corruption.

Expert Feedback:
Got around to killing BoC and Skeletron earlier. Can't say much about the difference between normal and expert BoC due to never really fighting BoC much before but I do like how the fight went. I might suggest making the decoys a smidgen less transparent though, I fought it in low-light conditions and had no trouble telling which of the four was the real brain.

Skeletron on the other hand...well I can't say for sure at the moment but my first impression is that he's deserving of a minor damage nerf. Going by the idea that EoC/EoW/BoC are tier one bosses and Skeletron's tier 2, his damage output felt more like what I'd have expected from tier 3 or 4.
However, even without a flat damage nerf, I do believe something needs to be done to keep players from being knocked into the head during the spinning attack and being hit repeatedly. A couple of options come into mind:

1. Stop the head's horizontal and/or vertical movement upon contact to allow the player to be properly knocked out
2. Assuming it's possible, if the game notices a player has gotten in the center of the head during a spin, launch them out in a random direction.

does anyone else occasionly have the bug where your action bar will stick to 9 even when trying to scroll to another slot. pressing the 9 fixes it but i have been mid fight a few times and its really irritating. anyone else have this or is it my 9 button ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom