Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so this probably isn't the place for this but I had the thought while fighting moon lord so I figured I'd put it here.
My thought is for the armor sets that have multiple helmets make it to where if you have them in one of the numbered slots if you go that slot and click it would switch your helmets. So as an example, for me, I use spectre armor, I would keep the helmet (which ever one at the time) in slot 9 and so then whenever moon lord uses moon bite i can switch from the hood to the mask and vise versa when moon bite ends. therefor I can deal more damage when I can't heal and can easily switch to healing when I actually can heal. And yes I know I can just leave the inventory open and right click the helmet whenever I want to switch but that easily distracts me and makes me focus on something other than fighting. I can hit 9 and click a lot easier than try and find the helmet and click it (even if I know where it is in my inventory).

That is all.

first off, i don't like how all the best endgame weapons and armor are gotten after the final boss. because then, it feels anticlimactic as you have nothing new to fight with it. also i don't like having to grind the lunar event for all the stuff, honestly it's pretty boring, the lunar event in general and the moon lord and stuff.

next, even though this isn't a 1.3 thing, i hate how all the new potions (and also the cellphone) require fishing. i hate fishing, it's phenomenally boring, and it's required for a bunch of stuff. in my opinion, fishing should just be a fun little mini mechanic that doesn't affect much, and it certainly shouldn't be required for the good stuff.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

as for expert mode, i think the mobs should be smarter. for instance, they should stop jumping repeatedly when it's obvious they can't get to you, they should avoid lava, and ranged enemies should try to retreat when you approach.

also, i think the blindfold should provide immunity to the stoned debuff.

Last edited:
When I was in the underground jungle, a Medusa spawned. I accidentally landed on top of it, and took 1000 damage. The death message just said "You were slain" without anything else. Is this normal?

Hey, so this probably isn't the place for this but I had the thought while fighting moon lord so I figured I'd put it here.
My thought is for the armor sets that have multiple helmets make it to where if you have them in one of the numbered slots if you go that slot and click it would switch your helmets. So as an example, for me, I use spectre armor, I would keep the helmet (which ever one at the time) in slot 9 and so then whenever moon lord uses moon bite i can switch from the hood to the mask and vise versa when moon bite ends. therefor I can deal more damage when I can't heal and can easily switch to healing when I actually can heal. And yes I know I can just leave the inventory open and right click the helmet whenever I want to switch but that easily distracts me and makes me focus on something other than fighting. I can hit 9 and click a lot easier than try and find the helmet and click it (even if I know where it is in my inventory).

That is all.

I handle this by keeping my subhelmet in the vanity slot. Then I just open inventory and right click either the swap, and close.

It's super fast and easy, and it doesn't even switch off your weapon either.

Hi, just to say a Thank You for this again new awesome Update.
As usual a lot of good stuff and usefulness things for gameplay :)

So I finally fought the moon lord. Kind of bull headed it but that's not the issue. The issue I see here is so very little lumite actually drops from him so I'm going to have to sit up one night farming him all night (and farming the event too). "Okay you beat the game. Now choose one prize!"

Perhaps a quantity of lumite should spawn in the world once you beat him, like how chlorophite grows when you kill plantera, would be more of a reward (expert mode is a farm horse as well so don't give me that).

PS. I cant go without saying it was still a pretty nice update.

Last edited:
Hey, didnt know if this is the right place, but i have a (for me) really annoying bugg
When i use my Flying Piggybank (Money Trough) and collect all the items from there with the "loot all" function my
"Quick stack to nearby chests" icon is gone, and it is only coming back if i close the game complete and join back in

Hey, didnt know if this is the right place, but i have a (for me) really annoying bugg
When i use my Flying Piggybank (Money Trough) and collect all the items from there with the "loot all" function my
"Quick stack to nearby chests" icon is gone, and it is only coming back if i close the game complete and join back in
This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next patch.

For now, talk to a NPC or read a sign, it should come back without having to leave the game.

Technically, no it's not the right place. Bugs should be reported in the appropriate forum(check the list of subforums or the handy notice at the top of each page)

That said, it is known about and the current workaround is opening an NPC shop(IIRC) or restarting the world. Think a dev posted about it in the 1.3.0.5 thread but I'm not terribly inclined to look through all the pages there to find it.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand ninja'ed by Mel Brooks.

So I finally fought the moon lord. Kind of bull headed it but that's not the issue. The issue I see here is so very little lumite actually drops from him so I'm going to have to sit up one night farming him all night (and farming the event too). "Okay you beat the game. Now choose one prize!"

Perhaps a quantity of lumite should spawn in the world once you beat him, like how chlorophite grows when you kill plantera, would be more of a reward (expert mode is a farm horse as well so don't give me that).

PS. I cant go without saying it was still a pretty nice update.
Erm, last I recall, chlorophyte starts growing when hardmode is activated.

Technically, no it's not the right place. Bugs should be reported in the appropriate forum(check the list of subforums or the handy notice at the top of each page)

That said, it is known about and the current workaround is opening an NPC shop(IIRC) or restarting the world. Think a dev posted about it in the 1.3.0.5 thread but I'm not terribly inclined to look through all the pages there to find it.

Erm, last I recall, chlorophyte starts growing when hardmode is activated.

When ever. My point still stands.

Strange dyes.. need a little more work. Many of them create a distorting effect on items that make it hard to see what the item actually is or you just cant see anything but a blob. I tried putting phase dye on my skull helmet and it came out looking like a mess of purple glow with no form what so ever. Some dyes even have odd pixelation.

The pillar difficulty is pretty tough. I took me a few try's to get it but once I figured out the pattern :cool: to the solar tower it was a breeze:). the rest of the towers seemed alot easier than the solar. i have yet to beat the moon boss on expert but I'm still trying and will get him/her soon enough;). So on a difficulty standpoint it seems solid because the towers are doable with out dying every time and can be farmable once you have great gear and are well practiced! :D
The game crashes randomly a lot!;( really off putting but this game is so good I'm willing to put up with all this random crashing:mad:. It mainly happens when I'm loading a world but sometimes it can happen at random. The game does a good job and constantly saving and iv only lost a few 999 stacks of minecart track.;)
EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
I started a brand new character using expert mode a couple days ago. I have yet to beat the Eye of Chtulhu. But I've gotten super close and noticed the new mechanics to that fight. I have to say they are pretty cool and caught me off-guard.(Which is kinda why I died). The extra rewards for expert mode look very nice.

Although, about boss health scaling in multiplayer with more people, that should be how it is normally. When health doesn't scale its way too easy to defeat bosses with only 4 players.

is the 1 week cooldown on the sundial really necessary?
also does it need to skip only to day? can't it skip to dawn or dusk (whichever is next) twice a week (to make up for not potentially being 23 hrs anymore)?

This is beyond infuriating at this point. When am I going to get an alien invasion? I have calculated an over 60% chance to get a blood moon or a solar eclipse just from the rate I have been getting them. Maybe 3 alien invasions? How many bugged sun dials do I have to dump down the hellavator before I get alien invasions? I dumped the tablets down there too.

In before "u not doin it rite"

I know where to watch for alien probes. I have a rail that goes right there. I have a roadway in space marked. I reset the cultists just to be sure it's not a remaining bug. "The solar eclipse is happening!" No. Get out of my game. "The blood moon is rising!" Piss off.

Kind of hard to get
VcB91CQ.jpg
when blood moon and solar eclipse is spamming my existence.

But I know this is not going to get fixed over nerfing mobs so I guess I am going to make a brand new island.

Addition since this thread has no new posts:

There should be a feature to order npcs around. Like. "Stay in the house."

Last edited:
i'd like to know: am i the only one who thinks marble/granite biome creatures spawn when you are hundreds of blocks away should happen? because i dont.

Great its the best update ever,I love it. Please make more updates like a infinite world with endless bosses.I hope there will be in a year or something new Enemies and bosses maybe new ores. Go on like this :)

Hi, i wanted to know if the thing :
  • Chlorophyte can now revert Corruption or Crimson spread. It also turns nearby dirt into mud.
is working as intended, i've seen some people on posts reporting failing to see this feature at work with extensive testing, and i haven't been able to see this myself either. Spreading some chlorophyte next to dirt, corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed grass covered dirt doesn't seem to revert them to mud, even within several ingame days.

Link to the post: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...tten-chlorophyte-to-work-as-advertised.23624/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom