Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a mess of general feedback to give -- but, a lot of it isn't directly 1.3 related. I just made my account about a week ago and I've been collecting feedback from friends who have played with me since 1.3 came out. Anyway! Here goes:
  • Now that Spectre Bars are a separate thing it would be nice to see them made with Hallowed Bars instead of Chlorophyte Bars. Late hardmode (pre Lunar events, of course!) is kind of over-dependent on Chlorophyte, what with it being used for five armor sets (Chlorophyte itself, Shroomite, Turtle, Beetle and Spectre). In contrast Hallowed Bars are only useful for summoning the Pumpkin Moon (or getting cash) by that point.
  • It would be really awesome for there to be a dedicated Jungle solution for the Clentaminator that actually spreads mud. I am aware that the Green Solution adds Jungle Grass to mud, so alternatively the Dark Blue solution could aggressively spread mud and it could be a two-step process.
  • Mana Crystals are a bit too cheap; the old value of 5 stars felt better. When starting a new game with friends I noticed I had reached 200 mana before fighting the Eye of Cthulhu without intentionally looking for fallen stars. If it's supposed to be very easy to get maximum base mana, then that's fine.
  • 1.3.0.1 buffed many older 1.1 items to balance them with the 1.2 items. In particular, hardmode ore swords and the Light Discs were buffed. However this leads to the ore spears (and to a lesser extent the repeaters) feeling very inadequate in comparison, as well as certain specific items like the Cursed Flames and the Crystal Storm spells.
  • Sell values of many items, especially armor pieces, have been inconsistent for a long time. In particular helmets tend to be worth more than chestplates or leggings despite being made of less material.
  • In my opinion, the Solar set's double tap dash is far too easy to trigger, to the point where I need to take off a piece of my armor when I'm building. Could a "frame window for double tap" setting be added to Config.json ?
  • When on a minecart and passing through water, the Stopwatch doesn't display the proper speed reduction. ( I searched through PC bug reports and couldn't find anything on underwater minecarts, though. )
  • The Baby Skeletron Head glitches out with almost any advanced or animated dye. ( This is definitely just another instance of the known bug of animated dyes behaving strangely. )
  • Dropped items should be saved alongside the world. This would avoid the unfortunate mediumcore occurrence of having the game crash while your main set of equipment is sitting on the ground.
  • Wyverns, due to the totally random nature of their spawning, are able to cause you to say both "why are there so many Wyverns when I'm trying to build my sky castle" and "why do I need to wait 40 minutes just to get one pair of wings". The frustration regarding their spawn rate, whether high or low, could be alleviated by making them summonable minibosses.
  • An option to make platform-stairs work as they do in the classic Castlevania games would be much appreciated. That is, instead of walking up stairs by default, you have to hold W (or whatever you have bound to "up") when you pass by them. I suggest this because holding S (or "down") to not walk up the stairs isn't an option when you're standing on a platform -- you'll fall through.
  • With all the new and varied types of wings available throughout Hardmode, the old-fashioned Angel and Demon Wings are pretty weak for how many souls you have to pump into them.
  • The Lunar Pickaxes are really effective as improvised melee weapons, with extreme swing speed and high damage. I'm sure this was intended, but the swing speed is obnoxiously high in my opinion.
  • The fact that Hallowed/Corrupt/Crimson vines spread their respective biomes is quite annoying when trying to create horizontal mineshafts to contain biomes.
  • Nettle Burst has always seemed to be a very weak spell for the point in the game that you get it. It does little more damage than the Wasp Gun, but it isn't firing swarms of multi-hitting homing projectiles.
  • The Guide is practically useless after you start hardmode. His only two hardmode tips that I can remember are "Smash demon altars in corrupt areas to acquire new powerful ores!" and "You can collect Souls of Light and Night from places of extreme light or dark!". I think it would be nice to be able to play hardmode without an external wiki and/or walkthrough.
I realize this is a colossal wall of text. I'm sorry :p

Last edited:
I really like the terraria update, but It would be better if the vortex armor could have a better armor bonus like when you shoot , rockets come from you back and hit enemys or something else. Every other armor has really cool bonuses like the nebula armor which can get buffs by hitting enemys or the solar wo has a shield wich explodes when an enemy hits you or the stardust armor who has a guardian which can move to enemys and deal damage. The Vortex armor bonus is cool but not useful for killing a boss because you need to dodge the attacks.
but the new update is great tho

• When using Money Trough and then exiting it, quick stack to nearby chests button disappears.
  • Soul of flight and the Wyvern itself seems useless to go farming for them since most of the wings don't require Soul Of Light.

When using Money Trough and then exiting it, quick stack to nearby chests button disappears.
this at least is going to be fixed in 1.3.0.6
  • Soul of flight and the Wyvern itself seems useless to go farming for them since most of the wings don't require Soul Of Light.
why would there need to be an incentive to farm each mob? i don't get this one

why would there need to be an incentive to farm each mob? i don't get this one
I didn't say for every mob, just Wyvern since it counts as a mini boss it almost doesn't have any use.

I would like it if the new water visuals was made into it's own setting instead of being tied to the lighting mode. I prefer to use trippy lighting because it's brighter, but I'd still like to see the improved flowing water.

I feel like even in normal mode, the Moon Lord seems waaaaay too difficult, especially considering he has an ability that prevents self-healing and regeneration except from healing potions. He should be difficult, of course. I just think that it's going overboard when you need to build some kind of ridiculous massive and/or complex structure in order to be able to beat him. This just makes me wonder how impossibly hard Cthulhu is going to be in the final update.

I would like it if the new water visuals was made into it's own setting instead of being tied to the lighting mode. I prefer to use trippy lighting because it's brighter, but I'd still like to see the improved flowing water.
+1 similarly I'd like the option of the old water with the regular lighting. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=a moment ago,a moment ago][/DOUBLEPOST]
ridiculous massive and/or complex structure
a few stripes of floating platforms and a grapple hook. saw somebody do it without any armor or take damage even.

Took me awhile to complete 1.3 in expert mode, but now that I have, I want to offer my feedback.
Loved the experience, overall. There are only a few things that stood out.

1.) What happened with Skeletron? Playing pure expert mode, he was significantly harder than the moon lord. (Faster to kill, but more difficult.)
2.) Still can't tinker Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots? I am really curious how my character is wearing three sets of boots (armor, frostspark, waders).
3.) More a suggestion than a pure response, but I would ever so love to see wings and movement boots become a special equipment slot rather than generic accessories. A dramatic change, I'm aware, taking prefixes away from both - but this would actually allow a person to move around comfortably and play their respective class properly, instead of that being a player "pick one".

well i used to have maxed game but after 1.3 i was not maxed and i have not even fought the moon lord yet
[DOUBLEPOST=1437441677,1437441572][/DOUBLEPOST]before 1.3 was out;( after 1.3 was out:eek:

One complaint I have is that the Magic lantern is so dim that it's pretty much useless. It's one of the harder lights to obtain, but the light it emits is pathetic, the detection radius is smaller than the Spelunker glowstick, and it often hides in walls or ceilings. I'm not asking for it to be as bright as the wisp, but at the very least I'd like it to be usable. As it is right now, it's almost totally worthless.

One complaint I have is that the Magic lantern is so dim that it's pretty much useless. It's one of the harder lights to obtain, but the light it emits is pathetic, the detection radius is smaller than the Spelunker glowstick, and it often hides in walls or ceilings. I'm not asking for it to be as bright as the wisp, but at the very least I'd like it to be usable. As it is right now, it's almost totally worthless.
It is on par with the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart in terms of light while only being gated by 10 Gold and providing that spelunker bonus.

worthless? Far from.

It is on par with the Shadow Orb and Crimson Heart in terms of light while only being gated by 10 Gold and providing that spelunker bonus.

worthless? Far from.

It requires you to go searching at a very particular time, and get lucky. Even with battle + hunter potions, it can take several full moons to find.

Because of the position at which it flies, it will very often hide in a ceiling or wall, the shadow orb and heart don't have this problem. Even normally, the light radius isn't all that big, and some of it is simply lost due to the height.

The spelunker bonus is not that big a deal, spelunker glowsticks offer far larger light and reveal radius, and let's not even get onto the potions.

It requires you to go searching at a very particular time, and get lucky. Even with battle + hunter potions, it can take several full moons to find.

Because of the position at which it flies, it will very often hide in a ceiling or wall, the shadow orb and heart don't have this problem. Even normally, the light radius isn't all that big, and some of it is simply lost due to the height.

The spelunker bonus is not that big a deal, spelunker glowsticks offer far larger light and reveal radius, and let's not even get onto the potions.
And the glow sticks are glow sticks, not a passive light pet. It all depends on luck when you get it, and it is very plausible to obtain it before the other two.

You also need to craft the potions, which are consumable, and have a pretty short time span. I don't believe it needs a buff, and I'll leave it at that.

aww, too bad loki dye makes me immune to lighting. I like the shadowy thing effect otherwise
[DOUBLEPOST=1437503199,14375d03127][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because of the position at which it flies
i have a similar complaint about the positioning of the true eye...it does the interesting pupil stuff and all that...right behind my head so its blocked by player's hair.
[DOUBLEPOST=1s437503199,1437503127][/DOUBLEPOST]
...so much for red saying he had a plan for an alt hallow i guess ;) ...so back to suggesting them ourselves?

Last edited:
I feel like even in normal mode, the Moon Lord seems waaaaay too difficult, especially considering he has an ability that prevents self-healing and regeneration except from healing potions. He should be difficult, of course. I just think that it's going overboard when you need to build some kind of ridiculous massive and/or complex structure in order to be able to beat him. This just makes me wonder how impossibly hard Cthulhu is going to be in the final update.
I kind of agree with this one, though I probably won't get listened to. The boss feels way unbalanced and undoable with some classes
[DOUBLEPOST=1437567302,1437567223][/DOUBLEPOST]
PLEASE for all that is good in the world add multimonitor support for Terraria!
Just the same strategy as before man. Just build an asphalt bridge over the ocean and make sure you got wings that can make you fly high and fast and you should be golden ponyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom