Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Started playing expert mode... created new world for 1.3 took biome keys from old world to new and now I can't open none of four chests in dungeon!

Summoning weapons still use magic weapon mods...whas this not suppose to change in 1.3?

Edit: fishing tools can't get mods at all, even though this was also going to be a thing in 1.3...

Last edited:
What's wrong with 1.2.3?

That was the version that introduced forced-autosave-on-death with no hints that was actually going on until you got the rude surprise that the game betrayed any no-auto-save settings after death. It was also the version that buffed the mechanical bosses and destroyed the former "best" strategies for dealing with them. The two combined caused me to lose a hard-earned (at the time) boss summoning item to an unexpected cheap death from the changed boss tactics. I don't really like it when games don't follow their own rules, and I like it even less when they have "hidden" rules that work out of the player's favor, so that soured my opinion of Terraria for quite a while. I've since learned to keep tabs on HP and kill the process if the boss is about to wax me and I don't want have to grind all over again to get another summoning item.

This is a beautiful update - the changes are immediately noticeable on both Expert and Normal game modes and I'm thoroughly enjoying playing the game from scratch with friends. I've had no issues or crashes/fps lags.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Expert mode is tough as hell, but hilarious watching us all fail against zombies and slimes - I'll be sure to keep playing it getting better, just need to make sure everyone keeps the god damn doors closed.

So far after a few hours of game play last night, no issues or complaints.

Thank you.

I am wondering if this is a bug or was made different, but my money won't quick stack to my money in chest.

(possible) EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK (because I'm not sure if this is also in Normal Mode)

The golden critters are great. Caught a Golden Squirrel and a Golden Sparrow last night with the bug net for 10 gold each :D It's hard to earn money early on in Expert Mode because of all the dying, so this is a great boon.

Loved the marble and underground desert biomes. Cool that there's hardened sand and medusa actually turns you to stone. Minecarts are one of my favorite additions not from 1.3, love how there's tracks underground. You guys at Re-Logic are the best. I can't believe Terraria keeps getting updated after over for years! Awesome.

The fossil armor doesn't boost the vampire knives at all, and I was wondering if that was because they did melee damage rather than throwing. It would be cool to have a more end-game weapon that scaled with the fossil set, as the magic dagger does magic damage and the vampire knives do throwing.

Hey, I was wondering... what happened to this?
It took me a while to realize it, but from what I've seen the water hasn't been flowing like it does here, it looks exactly how it did before.

anyone notice that a lot of the boss fights are noticably laggier? Like the moon lord boss fight! That fight was something I was excited about, but now I can't even enjoy it because of the insane frame skipping. Also, the duke fishron rage mode outside of the ocean biome is a pain ;(

On the otherhand, the new martian madness event is awesome! Didnt get that magic machine gun thingy though :(

Thanks for 1.3 <3

Hello, I've been enjoying expert mode. Having to use everything at my disposal to meet even basic standards in bosses before hard mode makes the game more fun because I HAVE to branch out.
As far as balanced I think it's fairly well done; there's only little small things that I can nitpick and any bugs I've found have either been resolved or are being worked on by the quick response of the bug compiling team. @Ghostar and @Leinfors have done a terrific job with responses and helping people from what I've seen. C:

The first world I loaded; personally when I went underground I felt safest- which I think should be the opposite in my opinion. I know in a real world situation going "underground" is a term used to be hiding from dangers of the world; however for a game like Terraria I personally feel like it should be more dangerous to delve in caverns and deeps. I felt safe; and I was able to find a LOT of heart crystals/Caverns/Treasure chests through the use of abandoned minecarts. It made the game a lot easier but again I didn't feel like that is how expert mode should ever feel. Maybe I'm taking the meaning of "Expert" to heart, but I believe that Expert Mode should be tailored for those that want to work hardest and feel like every step is a slope that is always trying to make them slide down.

Overall I have enjoyed every second of playing Expert Mode right now; each boss is more of a "gate". In which you open them and it throws you into new opportunities with treasure bags and gives you something to show off; that is worth your time and effort for all the potions you make, all the time spent crafting an advantageous arena and the like.

Thank you Re-logic team for allowing me to enjoy a game that you all crafted and poured your time, talent and enjoyment into so that I could equally try to even give the game the many hours upon hours that it deserves to be played. I can't wait for Terraria; Overworld- Automated Turrets here I come!

Edit: My favorite weapon..? Yo-yo's. Yo.

Defense is another big issue. If damage from enemies is all around increased, this effectively lowers the value of player defense. For example, the hoplites that hit for 100 damage. In copper armor, that's 97 damage. In molten armor, that's about 87 damage. At max 400 HP, that's 5 hits for the copper armor wearer to die, but with molten, that's 6 hits to die. This renders all the tiers between copper and molten obsolete, as it takes several tiers up to be able to take a hit more. And with bosses moving so insanely fast, a hit more won't even feel like a hit more as you go from full health to dead in 4 seconds. If damage was lower, say, 40 damage, copper would die in 11 hits, and molten would die in 15 hits. This gives a little more room for tiering up, however not a lot, still. Perhaps damage should be returned to the same as Normal difficulty, as the new attacks and high speeds are already enough to increase damage taken. Either that, or revamp the defense system to use percentages, like the Endurance Potion.
Defense is more effective in Expert Mode than not, as stated on the bottom line of the EM changelog section, in case you missed it. :)
I'm currently on Brain of Cthulhu and I'm completely stumped. I'm using javelins and starfury and spears and I can't even kill a single creeper. I consider myself a decent Terraria player, placing myself above average but in no way the best. I can defeat Duke Fishron without an arena, without buffs, and without exploits, without taking any damage. But I can't kill one creeper from the Brain of Cthulhu. I'm thinking my only options are to craft a ton of molotovs and spam them all over, or gather up enough stars and pull out the ol' star cannon, but I fear that even by doing this, my efforts will go to waste as I might die, and all that will have been for nothing. As if the stats weren't overwhelming enough, the boss will also inflict confusion and poison, and for some reason, silence (which renders all magic weapons useless, which is unfairly limiting). I'm completely stumped. I understand that Expert Mode is meant to be a challenge, but there is a fine line between hard and unfair.
So on my first try I killed a handful of Creepers and was like "Hey, this might not be that bad! Let me try that again..."

Then on my second try I got completely smeared (and oddly enough, was finished off a Crimera).

Haven't tried any more times, since I'm looking for a new arena and have only recently acquired Jester's Arrows, but it can't be too awful if I could kill a dozen Creepers with mediocre pre-Hardmode equipment. Then again it could have been crazy beginner's luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand that Expert Mode is meant to be a challenge, but the difficulty curve is more like a difficulty wall. With the gear available, I honestly find Expert Eye of Cthulhu to be far more difficult than Normal Duke Fishron. It was like I was fighting the final boss. Except it was the first boss. And it only gets more difficult from there on.
Am I the only one who didn't have trouble with the EoC? :confused: I wonder if I'd be able to kill it again without trouble, but honestly, the King Slime has killed me more times than the EoC has, what with his nasty new teleporation skill. >_>

All in all, I'm finding Expert Mode rather enjoyable, and I haven't run into any weapons that I couldn't use on the bosses before that didn't work now. That's just me, though. Once I blast past the Brain and move onwards, I'll be able to get a better scope on things, but for now, nothing seems to be sticking out too badly to me.

INTERFACE FEEDBACK

A couple of features I realy miss.
1: Rebindable keys for the top inventory slots(I would personally prefer the number pads keys :p)
2: The ability to bind multiple keys to the same feture(Mostly to make me able to bind both the numpad and the normal numbers, but also because I would like my inventory on more keys since the settings menu is accesed).
3: A hotkey for the settings menu, instead of going to this through the inventory.
4: Seperate autopause parameters for the settings menu and the inventory(Like to be able to build with my inventory open, but on the other hand hates to be killed while I change my resolution and soundoptions).

BON, after a bunch of deaths in expert mode and a Draw against the Eye of Cthulhu (1 kill, 1 death), I can say this is quite frustrating to lose like 4 gold just because of those nasty bats flying around your head.
I managed to get banners from zombies, eyes and some slimes and these banners are OP as fudge, even thought the buff doesn't stack.
Then the Eye... well, this is a challenge ! I enjoyed having such a fight but he is VERY hard to kill when he drops near 200 HP.
(With the Regen, Swiftness and Ironskin pots, this fight can be handled, but without, it's another story)
And his Expert item has the same bug as the swinging weapons.

Overall, I'm enjoying the 1.3 update and the Expert Mode but I think even thought we gain a bunch of gold, we also lose too much of it when we die.
Why not losing 50% of the gold when dead ? Or having mobs take less gold when they are on the coins ? I think this would be really less frustrating for those who die so quickly (Like me VERY VERY early game) !

I am so happy that the NPCs can defend themselves now. Now, whenever I am attacked by the Goblin Army early game, I don't die, and neither do the NPCs! Though, it feels like that's the only thing that has changed about their intelligence levels. Before, they stood in front of your chests for no reason. Now, they stand in front of your chests because they are having a conversation in front of them. I think it would be better if NPCs moved around more, and when they have conversations, it checks to see if they are in front of a chest, and then move their conversation according to that.
Also, what armor other than the fossil armor goes well with throwing damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom