Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) You can't use hooks anymore unless they're in your hook slot; I really miss that =/ Sometimes you just want to test a different one without having to switch 'em.
you might already know this but I'd thought I'd say that you can right click hooks and it will put them in their slot/switch them with the hook in the slot.

Do the idle cultists outside of the Dungeon respawn in any scenario? Or is there an item to make them do that? If not, will there be a way to make them respawn coming in a patch later down the road?

All I can confirm from my own play is, I attempted to kill him [died], respawned after a day or two.
When I died to the moon lord, they respawned of their own accord.

So I would like to think that they just respawn once the moon lord is dead, then you go through the entire process again. Someone please correct me if I am wrong :)

[P.s totally hated the fact a solar eclipse was going on whilst I was trying to fight moon lord. Does this always happen, or was it sheer coincidence? ]

I don't know if it's a bug or an add, but I just got Red's armor after oppening a treasure bag ! I do not receive any debuff from it when I wear it.

The bad: (Things that could get a look over in my ever so humble opinion)

- Medusae: They're extremely annoying and lethal. They seem to spot you from a mile away, stone you and basically stunlock you until you're dead.
In my experience a medusa is often accompanied by other monsters too, giving you even less of a chance.
I feel they're way too dangerous, especially since you run into them from day 1.

Possible solution: Either drastically decrease their stoning range or give them a big cooldown before they reuse their stoning gaze again.

- Dryad: Her spell looks nice, even though I have no clue what it does, but she keeps using it over and over again. It gets annoying.
A friend even build a small house far away and put the dryad in it, just to get rid of the effect. When crafting and doing other things in my house the constant passing of those leaves is really distracting.

- The <player> killed the 50th/100th/150th and so on messages. I wouldn't mind seeing them disappear or at least see an option for it.
They add nothing to the game. You already get a banner to signify yet another 50 monsters have been ended.

- Terrablade's new sound: I find it too intrusive.

- The Marsian invasion: Although lots of fun, I feel the invasion lasts too long. The big UFO's are mostly to blame here. It takes me a lot of effort to bring them down and they keep on coming.

- It rains waaaaaaay too often. Even more than before. Might just be poor luck, but I feel it rains almost constantly now.

The good: (Just listed a few things, there's so much goodiness, too much to list)

- I absolutely love the sight of all those UFO's in the background during that invasion.

- More stuff to see underground! I especially like the railroads, making it possible to do some easy exploring instead of having to mine all the time.

- Marble/Granite! Wonderful building materials.

- NPC's fighting back! They're earning their rent now!

- The Hell background is magnificent. I wish there were more backgrounds like that in other areas underground.

- I love the new desert with its scary big bugs, absolutely love it.

- The new sunken houses and big jungle trees are a vast improvement.

I still need to enter hard mode. (The Marsian invasion started when I visited my old world.) So I bet I've got lots of stuff yet to see.

Have you tried messing around with your video settings? Turning the background animation off might fix this issue. :)

Gold critters occur in any mode I believe :) They're still awesome, I caught a golden bunny, but I put it in a terrarium rather than sell it :p
Hello, I have always used those I think are minimum settings but it lags anyway... Yeah, I have one Gold Squirrel aswell.

Ok this is my first time doing one of these but I started playing terraria on the Xbox 360 it was pretty good so I bought it on my laptop and it is sooooo much better. I really like what you guys did with the treasure bags on expert mode and making it a small chance of dropping the developers gear. If possible does anyone have any tips for moon lord my brothers and I accidentally beat him the first time but now that we are trying to we can't. Anyways the expert mode is pretty cool I tested it out on my old character just to see what the boss do and it's amazing. I can't wait for your next huge update whenever that may be.

The bad: (Things that could get a look over in my ever so humble opinion)

- Medusae: They're extremely annoying and lethal. They seem to spot you from a mile away, stone you and basically stunlock you until you're dead.
In my experience a medusa is often accompanied by other monsters too, giving you even less of a chance.
I feel they're way too dangerous, especially since you run into them from day 1.

Possible solution: Either drastically decrease their stoning range or give them a big cooldown before they reuse their stoning gaze again.

- Dryad: Her spell looks nice, even though I have no clue what it does, but she keeps using it over and over again. It gets annoying.
A friend even build a small house far away and put the dryad in it, just to get rid of the effect. When crafting and doing other things in my house the constant passing of those leaves is really distracting.

- The <player> killed the 50th/100th/150th and so on messages. I wouldn't mind seeing them disappear or at least see an option for it.
They add nothing to the game. You already get a banner to signify yet another 50 monsters have been ended.

- Terrablade's new sound: I find it too intrusive.

- The Marsian invasion: Although lots of fun, I feel the invasion lasts too long. The big UFO's are mostly to blame here. It takes me a lot of effort to bring them down and they keep on coming.

- It rains waaaaaaay too often. Even more than before. Might just be poor luck, but I feel it rains almost constantly now.

The good: (Just listed a few things, there's so much goodiness, too much to list)

- I absolutely love the sight of all those UFO's in the background during that invasion.

- More stuff to see underground! I especially like the railroads, making it possible to do some easy exploring instead of having to mine all the time.

- Marble/Granite! Wonderful building materials.

- NPC's fighting back! They're earning their rent now!

- The Hell background is magnificent. I wish there were more backgrounds like that in other areas underground.

- I love the new desert with its scary big bugs, absolutely love it.

- The new sunken houses and big jungle trees are a vast improvement.

I still need to enter hard mode. (The Marsian invasion started when I visited my old world.) So I bet I've got lots of stuff yet to see.
The Dryar uses her magic to slowly kill enemies like slimes. Put some sunflowers around her house to reduce enemy spawning.

Is it possible that there can be pickup text that shows what you quick-stacked when you click the quick-stack to nearby chest option?
I can barely tell what I'm getting rid of. I'm pretty sure nobody can.

The Dryar uses her magic to slowly kill enemies like slimes. Put some sunflowers around her house to reduce enemy spawning.
Thanks, but I'd rather see her ability's visuals reduced, or limit her using it when she or another npc/player is actually attacked.

We REALLY need a rebalance patch.
I just died fighting the Moon Lord. AGAIN.
Using the endgame mage armor, best modifiers for both weapons and accessories, and filled with buffs.
I'm pretty pretty pretty mad right now.
Yes, it is the last boss and the last event, but I'm really starting to get frustrated by it.
Please, dear God, rebalance this!

my game still crashing itself and my steam client for no reason

Well, it's certainly not for no reason. Maybe a reason you're not aware of, but not no reason. Is it not providing any sort of error message via Steam or Windows message box? When it crashes, does it freeze or does it crash all the way back to desktop?

You might check Windows Event Viewer. It takes a little searching through, but you can usually find any problems you have there, in the log files. If you can find the error for the crash you've noticed, screenshot it and drop it over in the bug report forum.

I would love to see more achievement in the next update. They make the game even funnier!
After all, this update has changed so many things in the game that it feels like a new game in some part of it. (maybe a lot easier, too much in some part)
Thank you all for your amazing game. Keep on! :D

At the very end of yesterday I fought EoC (expert), I probably should have waited until I was fresh...
I almost beat it haha - It was fun. Should use a potion to increase my speed, but I have very few potions yet on my new world.

Salamanders make the most disgusting sounds and I demand they be changed
It's worse than the noise face monsters make

Alright, nice to see a thread like this.

First of all, let me say that I was completely surprised with the content added, not only by the amount, but also how it works, lots of community suggestions and content that's actually FUN to play, and not just some Icesantankfarmtowave999nonsense. I might not be that far yet, but I've seen quite a lot of the endgame stuff, really amazing update guys.

So far I only have a few minor complaints, but nothing really big:

The "break" animation for blocks can get a bit annoying, especially earlygame when blocks take some hits to mine, if you just want to remove grass and then place a block over the one that used to have grass, it still has the "break" effect in it. It would maybe be good if that one disappeared if a block gets placed over it, or after a few seconds if the block didn't get mined.

Sadly it's still impossible to create custom biomes for all of the biomes and some walls are unobtainable. That's the only big complaint I have here, which I'd maybe like to be added in a future update, if there are any. It's quite easy for people to break biomes such as the marble/granite/spider one, which makes it impossible to "fix" the walls and means it could lead to your world not having that biome anymore. Then there are other walls, such as the dungeon or dirt ones which have a "hostile" enemy spawning and a completely friendly version. Just having a way to craft the enemy spawning ones would be really nice, so you can't get yourself in the "I don't have this biome and can't get it into my world" situation and can import biomes into older worlds.

The other thing is the demon heart, which gives a extra accessory slot, but only for expert mode. Does this really have to be locked to expert only worlds ? You can use any of the expert drops in normal worlds(and please don't change that) and this has been something many people have been asking. Between items that fire super fast and deal 200 damage and this, you have to question if it would really be that broken to allow everyone to have a 6th accessory slot on normal worlds.

I'd really like to see a "toggle visible accessory" option for the vanity accessory slots, as it's currently impossible to have vanity wings only active while flying/having wings+vanity wings+cape equipped.

Please don't misunderstand this, I'm really happy with this update and all you have done and don't want you to get upset about this post. Never expected that the dev items, which were a topic that caused a lot of heated discussion would be available to the public... I'm crying right now ;), in tears of happyness, I'll have to build a shrine for those sets now, to pray to them xD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom