tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

I dunno about adding such command because... Cheating.

1 - Does It fills in the direction of the arrow? It should be going from Gray to Yellow.

2 - I have to check that out.

3 - You mean Exp Rate? It should increase exp rate from killing monsters.
As for the option that makes monsters that scale to your level, It is intended that they give their original exp regarless of their status boost. The option is just to not make the game boring after passing the biome level.

Yeah, it doesn't. It goes from Yellow to Gray.

It does increase EXP gains, but not by all that much, once you get to the later levels (which for me is around 4.2K).

Yeah, it doesn't. It goes from Yellow to Gray.

It does increase EXP gains, but not by all that much, once you get to the later levels (which for me is around 4.2K).
I fixed that issue on the latest update, but the bug remains on Free Mode...

So... You want a higher exp rate possibility?

1. Multiplicative most likelly.
2. The problem of adding such config, is the fact that there are multiple game modes. If I add such thing, will most likelly be on the game mode settings (and possibly world bound, maybe).
Maybe put the config in the "Advanced" section. Also if you do implement the reset level option, I will make a calculator simulating prestige. Just tell me the formula and it would be enough. I'll give you the link if you add it. Give me 3 to 7 days though to make it once you tell me.

Last edited:
Maybe put the config in the "Advanced" section. Also if you do implement the reset level option, I will make a calculator simulating prestige. Just tell me the formula and it would be enough. I'll give you the link if you add it. Give me 3 to 7 days though to make it once you tell me.
I don't think NExperience source is closed, so you can peek it with the help of tModLoader, by telling it to extract, and checking the Mod Reader folder in your saves folder.
Each game mode has It's own folders and file names, though.

I'm really happy you're making a leveled mod, after playing some time, I noticed some bugs:
When overleveling then spending my status points, it's common for my character to have negative status points which both make me lose new level stat points and also make me in the moment weaker.
I don't know if this one is Tmodloader based but moon lord does like 1 damage but the true Eyes of Cthulhu basically 2 shot you.

It is easily a problem that you can reach crit chance caps without ever spending status points on luck, either make the stat more useful by nerfing specific stat crit gains, or add it an additional feature to outweigh it, right now luck only affects 1 RNG mechanic, but the rest are unchanged, maybe mess with those.

Also, I found the EXP progression from the Regular RPG mode to be too grindy, I had to kill overleveled enemies for about 4 hours to get to at least 150(after raising the EXP rate to 4, which is the maxium). Is the max EXP on regular supposed to grow after level 200%? I found it to be capped at level 100 to about 106 million but after level 200 it's at like twice that value.

At last, I don't think the damage multipliers coming from prefixes are stacking properly, adding an accessory prefix barely increases dps (meaning the damage bonus is treated as an addition rather than multiplication), but seemingly weapon prefixes does scale multiplicatively.

I'm looking up to this mod to play, really a fan of the N terraria series.
epic

I'm really happy you're making a leveled mod, after playing some time, I noticed some bugs:
When overleveling then spending my status points, it's common for my character to have negative status points which both make me lose new level stat points and also make me in the moment weaker.
I don't know if this one is Tmodloader based but moon lord does like 1 damage but the true Eyes of Cthulhu basically 2 shot you.

It is easily a problem that you can reach crit chance caps without ever spending status points on luck, either make the stat more useful by nerfing specific stat crit gains, or add it an additional feature to outweigh it, right now luck only affects 1 RNG mechanic, but the rest are unchanged, maybe mess with those.

Also, I found the EXP progression from the Regular RPG mode to be too grindy, I had to kill overleveled enemies for about 4 hours to get to at least 150(after raising the EXP rate to 4, which is the maxium). Is the max EXP on regular supposed to grow after level 200%? I found it to be capped at level 100 to about 106 million but after level 200 it's at like twice that value.

At last, I don't think the damage multipliers coming from prefixes are stacking properly, adding an accessory prefix barely increases dps (meaning the damage bonus is treated as an addition rather than multiplication), but seemingly weapon prefixes does scale multiplicatively.

I'm looking up to this mod to play, really a fan of the N terraria series.
epic
Hello, answering the things you talked about:

Can you show a screenshot of the status problem under effect? It may help me give clues of what is wrong.

I didn't really tested much the Moon Lord boss fight with the mod, so probably that's one of the things I missed. And what do you mean by moon lord dealing 1 damage? Is it contact damage or skills?

I'll make so you can't get critical bonus without the respective status.

Regular RPG mode is supposed to be grindy, even more past level 60. The game mode is built in a way where leveling is last longing. Also, the level cap of it used to be 130 on N Terraria, and isn't meant to be possible to overlevel.
When using the option of allowing overleveling, the mod will do the following for exp calculation:

Let's say that the maximum level of the game mode is 150, and your character is level 200.
The mod will check how many times you passed the level cap, and sum their exp, then add the exp of the spare level as if you were in the spare level in question.
Basically, due to being level 200, your character needs to acquire the exp from level 150 + exp from level 50 to level up.
The same case is valid for level 151, you need exp from level 150 + exp from level 1 to level up. Yes, that means early levels of the overleveling are somewhat easier, but of course gets harder as you level up.
Level 329? You need twice the exp from level 150 + exp from level 29 to level up.
Since the integer variable has limited length, you may end up reaching the max exp cap, so It wont increase anymore as levels goes.

If the accessory prefixes aren't stacking correctly, then I placed the status checking script in the wrong place. I'll review that later.

If you're surprised with this mod, then wait until I launch the one which has about the same exp bar look, but placed on the left side of the screen. Hehehe.

Desktop Capture-04-27-2020 10-27-48-874.jpg

Bloody. Roman. Numerals.

Also, EXP still loads backwards. (Yellow recedes)

That depends on what you mean.

I'm trying to use this mod with another mod that also increases mob health, and I'd like to disable this increase on at least one of the mods. Reason being that it bugs out and home NPCs are stuck having a fraction of their HP. Nurse for example has around 1800/3800 HP and won't go up, so she keeps spamming healing arrows on herself endlessly.

Another question, is there any explanation for the numbers below? For example I have Strength: (9+0+0=9). I know the first number is total, last number is how much I'm adding. What's the middle number for?

I'm trying to use this mod with another mod that also increases mob health, and I'd like to disable this increase on at least one of the mods. Reason being that it bugs out and home NPCs are stuck having a fraction of their HP. Nurse for example has around 1800/3800 HP and won't go up, so she keeps spamming healing arrows on herself endlessly.

Another question, is there any explanation for the numbers below? For example I have Strength: (9+0+0=9). I know the first number is total, last number is how much I'm adding. What's the middle number for?
Maybe NExperience is being updated before the mod you use to increase the mob health, since just for safety, It has It's own script to avoid making monster health pass the cap. Due to the fact that can't change load order in the modloader, neither Terraria checks by Itself if the monster has more health than should, removing the capper could result into more severe bugs where the monster health could end up over the maximum value.

I'll try thinking of a solution to this issue, but I'm pretty sure will be hard to solve, because I will need to figure out a way of getting the previous max health of the npc.

The second number will only change If you play with any kind of level capper, or your character gets any kind of up/down level scaling, be it the biome level capper, or overleveling your character and keeping the level capped at max. The middle number is basically the status readjust based on the effective level your character is currently (The effective level wont be displayed on the current version of the mod due to me forgetting It exists, It will be coming next update, though, but will only be visible If the effective level is different from your character level).

Can someone explain to me in a bit better detail the difference between Basic and Regular RPG modes? I never played N Terraria, so I don't know what that descriptor implies.

Can someone explain to me in a bit better detail the difference between Basic and Regular RPG modes? I never played N Terraria, so I don't know what that descriptor implies.
Basic rpg mode is... Basic. The entire system was built during the testing of the mod, so It contains basic formulas of status, mob strengthening and leveling. Leveling is also a lot faster on that mode, you don't even need to increase exp rate to reach max level on it (also a good reason why I implemented the overleveling option).

Regular RPG mode is the main rpg mode of N Terraria. If you are looking for a game mode to spend your time on, you may give it a try. Just beware, because It is extremelly grindy, even more since the mod doesn't have currently alternative ways of getting extra exp.

Regular RPG mode also comes with two variants, Hardcore RPG mode and Softcore RPG Mode.
  • Hardcore RPG Mode buffs the monsters status some more more. You'll level up faster due to that, and have harder time during your gameplay. But you know, difficulty rewards. The side effect is that regardless of wether or not the option of pos level 100 using different exp formula is on, Hardcore RPG mode wont use it, so you'll need a lot more exp to level up past 100.
  • Softcore RPG Mode is just for fun, the monsters strength is about half their level, so yep, they aren't a challenge on end game.

Yeah, I know. I already fixed that on the in dev version, but looks like there's a new bug there.
You're progressing towards the current rank, at least that's what the rank bar says.

Yeah, 10 levels per 1 rank. (10:1) It functions the same, but it looks wrong. (Goes in reverse)

Back
Top Bottom