Tool [1.3] Omnitool, world creation, mapping, backups and more.

Well, it maps 1.3 worlds correctly. In the stable 17.5 will be some other stuff like much faster world loading.
18.0 will bring linux support and some other small things that are ready by then.
Beyond that is a complete remake of the GUI and Planetoids for 1.3 - when time allows.

Stable 17.5 is out with some major speedups and mapping as well as rendering 1.3 worlds.
Since Terrafirma for 1.3 is not out yet, this makes Omnitool a good replacement there as well until then.
(Remember to render a world click on it in the main menu)

Meanwhile in Linux Land:

52d86cee-37f1-11e5-8b0c-b2ff155fb8a0.png

And V18 is out!

Changes include:
  • added world interaction menu when clicking on a world
  • added option for generating a super image of a world (example)
  • speed up in draw based world generation
  • reads steam cloud worlds
  • added Italian translation by iMenchi
  • added Hungarian translation
  • reduced harddrive footprint
  • speed up in worldify (new world from image)
  • linux support
more info on the github release page.
Also thanks to flying sheep, who just suddenly popped in on github and starting helping, especially with linux support.

Also, language wise, there are some missing entries for some languages, as over time more stuff was added. For example the new world interaction menu is only translated in English, German, Italian and Hungarian. Some volunteer work in updating languages would be much appreciated.
The worst of the bunch is Russian, with only about half of the text beeing translated.
In trying to help translators, I've set up a little info page here.

Last edited:
And V18 is out!

Changes include:
  • added world interaction menu when clicking on a world
  • added option for generating a super image of a world (example)
  • speed up in draw based world generation
  • reads steam cloud worlds
  • added Italian translation by iMenchi
  • added Hungarian translation
  • reduced harddrive footprint
  • speed up in worldify (new world from image)
  • linux support
more info on the github release page.

Also, language wise, there are some missing entries for some languages, as over time more stuff was added. For example the new world interaction menu is only translated in English, German, Italian and Hungarian. Some volunteer work in updating languages would be much appreciated.
The worst of the bunch is Russian, with only about half of the text beeing translated.
In trying to help translators, I've set up a little info page here.

I just wanted to say thanks for continuing your support on this/these tools! Awesome job ;)

Edit: Well, Happy Birthday!!! ... you're welcome ;)

Last edited:
And V18.1 is already out.
Changes:
  • Russian language update by Dr. Lapis
  • changed fonts, now supports Cyrillic
  • faster world mapping, removed micro freeze when saving completed map
  • auto-acquire Terraria textures, if not included
the auto-acquire should have no effect on people who use the setups.
I estimate that this is the end of the "release spree" that happened over the last week.

I downloaded the tool. Installed. Ran. I get the attached error message on launch. I get similar errors when I try to generate any type of world. What other information do I need to provide to get this amazing looking tool working for me?

Thanks.

2015-08-06 15_20_13-C__Program Files_Omnitool_omnitool.exe.png

V18.1.1 is out, fixing the bug above.

Code:
omnitool_setup_V18.1.0.exe: 9 downloads
omnitool_setup_V18.1.0_64_Bit.exe: 13 downloads
Sorry to the 22 people who got a derped version.
Omnitool is undergoing a restructure, moving code around, cleaning stuff up. Sometimes a simple thing like a variable name can slip past - sorry.
In the long run, this should allow easier maintenance, however.

Downloaded new version. Installed. Ran. Works much better! Thank you for the fast as balls reply and fix.

I am however getting the following error when trying to "generate super image" of an existing world.

2015-08-06 20_35_26-Omnitool.png

Less of a problem. Thought you should know anyway.

Any plans to to generate normal worlds but with options like starting ores, crimson/corruption, etc?

Thanks again!

Downloaded new version. Installed. Ran. Works much better! Thank you for the fast as balls reply and fix.

I am however getting the following error when trying to "generate super image" of an existing world.

View attachment 69249

Less of a problem. Thought you should know anyway.

Any plans to to generate normal worlds but with options like starting ores, crimson/corruption, etc?

Thanks again!

Should be fixed with 18.1.2, which is out now.
modified normal worlds is more suited to a mod - this is a tool.

finally another world editing tool
"finally"? Omnitool is among the oldest Terraria tools out there.
My world mapper was the first world mapping tool and planetoids was the first custom world generator.

Dammit, I'm unlucky today.
I put .2 out right before I had to leave the house and hoped nothing new would break. So much for that.
I'll do a proper test-sweep this time and release .3 in 1-3 hours.
Until then, just use .1 the super-image is actually created and is put in your worlds folder. The only thing that fails is opening the browser to it.

Last edited:
Awesome program and thanks for all of your hard work.

One small problem with the new world from image:

GUI Matrix created, initializing..
Backups made
Updater done
Image loaded with 458 x 450 pixels
Process Worldify:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python34 64Bit\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 254, in _bootstr
ap
File "C:\Python34 64Bit\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 93, in run
File "E:\Dropbox\PyTerraria\relay.py", line 19, in run_world
File "E:\Dropbox\PyTerraria\relay.py", line 27, in launch_plugin
File "E:\Dropbox\PyTerraria\omnitool.py", line 1145, in launch_plugin
File "C:\Program Files\Omnitool\plugins\worldify.py", line 158, in run
e = Quitbutton(app)
TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'text'​

Well, that's just icing on the cake. Worldify, or "World from Image"'s worlds do not currently load in Terraria 1.3. They are however correctly loaded in tedit, omnitool etc. and I don't see what's wrong with the worlds for Terraria.
So yeah, even it it didn't crash, the world it would produce would not be currently usable due to an unknown bug.

It's fixed in https://github.com/Berserker66/omnitool/commit/3c64f2e4f58c9709492de76ae15520088237beac and will be part of the next release. Hopefully I also find out why Terraria rejects the image worlds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom