Tool [1.3] Omnitool, world creation, mapping, backups and more.

V 18.3 has been released:

* fix crash in flatworld generator gui
* added report issue menu point
* added support on patreon menu point
* include Ijwu's Mazegen
* include mini Tetris (mostly for plugin system tests)
* fix custom database injection
* fix tombstone plugin
* fix for plugin tile reading
* improved readability of splashscreen

translation updates for the new report issue menu point are appreciated.

Last edited:
The new 1.3 update is really cool, thanks for updating.
An additional "Expert Mode" setting would be nice :3

Hi,I've used omnitool a while back and have recently returned to it however, when I try to run the program it quickly flashes a cmd prompt and procedes to close.
This is the message produced by Errorlog.bat

C:\Program Files\Omnitool>omnitool.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python34 64Bit\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 27, in <module>
File "run_omnitool.py", line 17, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'cp932' codec can't encode character '\u2588' in position 1: illegal multibyte sequence

Hi,I've used omnitool a while back and have recently returned to it however, when I try to run the program it quickly flashes a cmd prompt and procedes to close.

File "C:\Python34 64Bit\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 27, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'cp932' codec can't encode character '\u2588' in position 1: illegal multibyte sequence

Fixed in https://github.com/Berserker66/omnitool/commit/2446dcdce26cd20f33e6d585ee7f725503f72fb0
Will try to get an update out soon, will also include a big french translation revision by KenAlin.

The new version is out, can you confirm your crash is fixed?

Omnitool V18.4 has been released!

Updated to Terraria 1.3.3.1 stuff
Less chance of future terraria patches breaking mapping

this needs to be updated for terraria 1.3.1
What was your issue? The party update didn't change anything that broke Omnitool as far as I'm aware, so no release was made, as all I could update was colors for the party stuff when mapping it. I didn't consider those blocks showing up as grey to be worth an update.

I definitely appreciate you bringing this to the new forums. I actually miss Planetoids. I just wish TEdit would work so I could use it with the program.

I definitely appreciate you bringing this to the new forums. I actually miss Planetoids. I just wish TEdit would work so I could use it with the program.

Tedit doesn't work? Didn't they update to 1.3.3?
Anyway, planetoids should still work fine. The last major content patch to it was a year ago though, but it was tested to work with hardmode stuff, fishing etc.
Sometimes the oceans aren't valid though, it's unfortunately a bit up to luck whether or not terraria accepts them or not.

Any chance of seeing Crimson or Lihzahrd planetoids with the generator?

I'd still like to eventually do the 1.3 stuff. However, it needs a rewrite of core planetoids code, which cascades up to requiring pretty much a full rewrite if done proper.
I've never squared away the time needed to do that. Plus I myself never even played with the 1.3 content, which I need to do to know what I'm even working with.

The 1.3.3 patch has lead to me playing 1.3 with friends, but very slowly so, as we have little common time. So there's a small hope that I'll get through that and then continue with a planetoids update, but I can't promise anything.

PS: while cimson and the lihzard planetoids don't exist; you can actually get the items. batteries and lizhard altar or whatever it is called exist and the crimson items are in the loot rotation.

PSS: Omnitool is open source and I have a fairly clear idea of what I want to update, so talented people could always contact me for helping with an update.

Last edited:
I know jopojelly is working with the TerraCustom tool. I wonder if there may be a way to incorporate both together. I think it'd make something TRULY divine. =^^=

I know jopojelly is working with the TerraCustom tool. I wonder if there may be a way to incorporate both together. I think it'd make something TRULY divie. =^^=
They're not really compatible from a programming standpoint, TerraCustom is a mod in C sharp, while omnitool is build from scrap with python. There is a bridge nowadays between them, but even then there is a limited point in doing that. What I would like is a mod that significantly increases the world size terraria can load, as then one of my old scripts that places planetoids above a normal world would finally be loadable by terraria.

Last edited:
Omnitool V18.5 has been released!

super image now uses google maps API

worldrender can now be used from console again ("omnitool worldrender" then follow console prompts)
^ allows rendering of worlds on servers

terrariaonline.com link removed

removed a message about cloud saves not beeing found beeing spammed every second under rare circumstances

super images of worlds are now found in the WorldImages folder, and a notice about the location is printed to console

Back
Top Bottom