Other 1.3 Proposed changes for each Class

It would be interesting to have perhaps combat avatar for the summoner. Basically, these transform you into a bigger, more powerful version of something, for instance a lion. They could have like the first one you get is a slime avatar, and so on.

Ugh, phone typing.

Who needs bullets when you've got an infinite bag of musket balls

With decent aim and gear you can manage 4k~ dps with a SDMG

Bows- Bows almost have the opposite problem of guns, you can craft a new bow, yet you receive nothing from beating the moon lord? The only positive side of it, is that the new arrows you can craft from the ore are pretty good and the unique effect of the second arrow being shot is vastly more original than piercing with the luminite bullets. I would ask the developers why no end game bow for bow users?

phantasm on its own is extremely powerful. with venom arrows (lumi arrows seem stronger but my output is significantly lower with them, somehow?), i can do around 5k damage per second without the stealth bonus from vortex armor. that is assuming that i can aim properly. the only thing i have seen that does higher dps than phantasm is the last prism.
-The first one is collecting the buffs is a pain in the :red:, there's 3 different types of buffs one for health and mana regen and the last for magic damage. You have to during your battle, while you're watching your health and mana (baring the mana flower, thats almost mandatory) find and collect these buffs you need which are scattered all to hell while avoid getting killed to grab them along with mana stars due to the mana sickness and fight all at the same time. Thats just too much hassle especially on bosses, where you need to dodge and move, you don't have time to get them. I would suggest the buffs either automatically stack instead of trying to find them or have the timer last longer than 8 seconds.

in my opinion, that should be a class of its own.

i would love to play a buff support style class that replaces the need for combat potions at the cost of less overall damage output. while the magic set is definitely very lackluster against the moon lord due to the necessity of movement, against the cultist or celestial bosses where the player tends to be in the same area, it is a simple task to move into a large collection of buffs while mashing arcanum until everything dies. when playing with my tanky friend, i find that he is capable of face-tanking expert mode solar monsters with the buffs in full effect, which is about as ridiculous as it sounds. it also conveniently makes up for the lack of spectre healing, because all of your healing is coming from recovery and not from direct lifesteal.

and I don't understand the reason why mages still need mana sickness when the developers made weapons in 1.3 that gulp through mana potions at a crazy rate. I would suggest removing mana sickness and rebalance weapons if they're too far out of scale with other classes.

mages have the highest damage potential in the game because of the way mana sickness works.

even after using last prism for the duration of two greater mana potions, it still does more dps than phantasm.

if you are skilled enough to use the conveniently placed mana regeneration buffs from nebula armor and moderate your mana output, all spells do an absolutely ludicrous amount of damage. i tend to think of mana sickness as reducing magic to the same level as other branches, rather than as a penalty for overusing spells. even using last prism for the entire fight against expert mode moon lord, i still do an absurd amount of damage. i believe phantasm is slightly higher dps when i hit the mana sickness cap, but otherwise the last prism does more.

Back
Top Bottom