tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Thanks again, and Its a neat idea of how you and your buddy will grow stronger over time together. Are their stats saved to the world or the character? I am asking because I plan to try to do a run of hardmode terraria before doing a hardmode malice mode calamity run with the same character.
Friendship level is saved on character.
It has been a thousand years...

I just solved the skills problem by disabling the options in the system skill section :0 . However, I have not seen any option for the number of buddies. I just read what is buddies mode x'd but dont know where is the maximum companion mode.

Congrats on fixing the bug or glitch or whatever and I think its only one buddy? But you can recruit others I believe, though they may need some friendship earned first. As in you need to get to a certain friendship level before they are fine with following you.

Last edited:
Hmmm... does that mean I have to have a friendship level first for them to follow me? and that I can't take michelle away? How can I raise the friendship level?

To rise friendship rank, you need to gain friendship levels to companions.
Gaining friendship ranks has quite a number of ways.
Furnishing the house of companions that live in your world, will make them gain comfort points as they use furnitures.
Talking to them sometimes also can increase Friendship exp, and doing their request will increase friendship exp too.

Does friendship rise as they travel with you? I have Blue as my buddy and I think this may have happened a bit, not sure.
Yes, travelling with companions also increases friendship level.
I would like to help but I could only solve it by moving the skills option :(
It's either a problem with the mod saving the companion infos, or loading them.
Saving doesn't seems to be the issue, maybe loading is the problem.

Thanks again though I wonder if there will be any features added in the future that will let you do more things with a Terraguardian EX: hugs or gifting them items, or maybe ways to get closer. Sorry if that sounded weird somehow. But I do have a few ideas as I tend to think a whole lot about stuff, though each Terraguardian would prefer certain interactions and gifts over others.

Well, there's a interaction of giving gifts to them, but the birthday system is currently broken, due to the change of how time works in the mod.
Other kind of interactions would be interesting to add, but right now I'm really lacking of ideas for that. I thought the idea of petting their head, but that also sounds quite bizarre.

I want to make a custom companion . i Already checked Gaomon companion Mod. The instruction in it is pretty easy to understand. But there is still one last thing i still not clear yet: How did you code spawning condition for Gaomon companion (or any other companion in your mod right now)? Example, Sardine Spawn right after king slime has been defeated, But i can't see the line of code about that event in Sardine.cs file. Did i missing something? Or you Code it elsewhere?
I am really looking forward to your awswer! And thank for reading

mi personaje se fusiona con michel wtf tuve que hacerme otro personaje y borrar el mundo and and can you make a mod that does terraguardians compatible with overhaul? Quiero decir que tienen las mismas cosas y diferentes animaciones que hay.

Well if you want, I can tell you the couple ideas I have, though each terraguardian would have preferences, kinda like Miitopia with food. It'd add or subtract from the amount of friendship points they get, but never negate it meaning even stuff they don't exactly like they will still give a bit of friendship points.

I want to make a custom companion . i Already checked Gaomon companion Mod. The instruction in it is pretty easy to understand. But there is still one last thing i still not clear yet: How did you code spawning condition for Gaomon companion (or any other companion in your mod right now)? Example, Sardine Spawn right after king slime has been defeated, But i can't see the line of code about that event in Sardine.cs file. Did i missing something? Or you Code it elsewhere?
I am really looking forward to your awswer! And thank for reading
The code is elsewhere, and partially functions like how Gaomon npc spawns. For how Gaomon spawns, you'd need to check Item/BlueDigivice.cs.
The method NpcMod.SpawnGuardianNpc(PosX, PosY, GuardianID, GuardianModID); will allow you to spawn the guardian npc in the world.
I recommend you to make use of NpcMod.AddGuardianMet(GuardianID, GuardianModID); to let the world know that companion has been met.
Also, the code PlayerMod.AddPlayerGuardian(PlayerCharacter, GuardianID, GuardianModID); will add the companion directly to the player.
Depending on the way you make your companion recruitment, may be a good idea to make the player have knowledge that companion exists. :3
mi personaje se fusiona con michel wtf tuve que hacerme otro personaje y borrar el mundo and and can you make a mod that does terraguardians compatible with overhaul? Quiero decir que tienen las mismas cosas y diferentes animaciones que hay.
That's one confusion of english with spanish. Did you say your character fused with Michelle?
And what Terraria overhaul brings that could be needing support to the mod? I never played it, so I don't know.
Well if you want, I can tell you the couple ideas I have, though each terraguardian would have preferences, kinda like Miitopia with food. It'd add or subtract from the amount of friendship points they get, but never negate it meaning even stuff they don't exactly like they will still give a bit of friendship points.
I don't actually like that idea, It would make it more complicated to feed the companions, and Terraria 1.3 is actually quite limited on amount of food you can give them. Also, in no way reducing friendship points is possible on the mod.

• Love
Reactions: Phu
Back
Top Bottom