[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

Well, I remember there being support for up to 15 accessory slots in Shockah's accessory slot mod, so unless those slots' saving methods got drastically changed in 1.3, I would think it is possible.
Shockah's mod probably stored your extra accessories in a separate file or something. I didn't implement that but I might in the future. I don't really know. I'm just telling you that natively, Terraria only has room for the 2 extra slots. I don't know how Shockah's mod did his thing. Maybe I'll go check it out. Thanks for the report..

when the accessory slot plugin is fixed can you make it so that our accessory slots can be scrolled up/down?
loving the mod so far.
What do you mean? It's not broken..

Welp. I did a search for "portal" in this thread and didn't find anything, so I'll just say it now.

It's kind of awesome actually. The "All ammo seeks enemies" feature has the Portal Gun's shots seeking out enemies. It actually makes the enemy glow blue or yellow. How fun! :D

Is it possible for a plugin to alter Expert mode to stop monsters from picking up coins? Just curious.

will i get ban if i host a multiplayer game with my friends

short story, no for the most part. just host or join vanilla terraria servers and you'll be fine (the patcher doesn't mod the server, so it's still vanilla if you do it via a modded client)

long story, terraria on Steam (or otherwise) does not have any anticheat, and the official/vanilla servers by extention lack it as well, including the ones terraria sets up from your client. some community made server software however can detect cheats and will ban you from the server, but not from the game or steam.

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Acces to the path ''C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe'' is denied.

I had some fun and decided to summon lots of endgame minions and stand still during a frost moon. I probably had to heal a few times. At the end, I got lots of loot.

And guess who my character was? IT WAS LUIGI. Luigi got to wave 20 Frost Moon while doing absolutely nothing.

Also, this fixed my cultists not spawning. So now I can fight the Lunatic Cultist on my world again!

I'm not sure why, but I constantly have Stardust Wings, even when I don't have them in my inventory or are equipping them. It does not override other wings, however.

EDIT: Fixed it, nvm.

What do you mean? It's not broken..
I'm saying that I tried editing the values for the number of accessory slots but only gives two. I'm asking if he can fix that and make it so that you can scroll the accessory slots.
Or I'm wrong and editing the number of accessory slots work and you can scroll the slots up/down.

I'm saying that I tried editing the values for the number of accessory slots but only gives two. I'm asking if he can fix that and make it so that you can scroll the accessory slots.
Or I'm wrong and editing the number of accessory slots work and you can scroll the slots up/down.
i can confirm this to a degree but it's easily fixed on some resolutions by simply having one's map not showing (don't have to disable it) also max accessories that the patcher can add without doing some other things is 2. mainly cause that's the amount of slots relogic added, though one remains unused without stuff like this.

Welp. I did a search for "portal" in this thread and didn't find anything, so I'll just say it now.

It's kind of awesome actually. The "All ammo seeks enemies" feature has the Portal Gun's shots seeking out enemies. It actually makes the enemy glow blue or yellow. How fun! :D
Ah good find. Thats interesting. If it becomes a bother I can always add the portal gun to be excluded.

Is it possible for a plugin to alter Expert mode to stop monsters from picking up coins? Just curious.
I'm sure its possible.. but is it practical?

v1.2.0.3: Added plugin support for IPluginChestSetupShop.
v1.2.0.2: Moved Full Bright to a plugin with toggleable key.

Added '/teleport plantera' and '/teleport strangeplant' commands to teleport plugin. Removed teleport plantera hotkey.
Changed Teleport plugin method.
Changed UseTime plugin to use 0 instead of 1 for picks/drills/axes/blocks/walls/wires.
Added Builder buff / UseTime plugin warning.
Reverted Reveal plugin changes.. Causing memory issues.
Added ability to load plugins from subfolders with group compilation (allows for larger plugins).
Added plugin support for IPluginPlayerGetItem.

Awesome collection of enhancements so far I really got to say!

Would it be possible to make pickaxes work like hammers when using Smart Cursor Mode?
If you swing a hammer in Smart Cursor Mode it automatically removes all walls you can reach no matter where your mouse is.
It would be convenient if you can do this with a pickaxe as well.

For some reason I downloaded the patcher and I got all my plugins in but when I started my terraria up whenever I tried to switch to a placeable item or block it would just disappear and if it was a large stack like the 232 wood I had in my in my hotbar it would slowly go down from 232 to 0 and then delete it's self? Any idea what is going on would really help.

I installed it into my game, and now it won't start up. It'll just say "Please launch the game with your steam client."
I tried deleting local content, verifying game cache, and I tried removing ALL Terraria content from my computer, and it still won't start up.
How the hell did this happen and how do I fix it.

For some reason I downloaded the patcher and I got all my plugins in but when I started my terraria up whenever I tried to switch to a placeable item or block it would just disappear and if it was a large stack like the 232 wood I had in my in my hotbar it would slowly go down from 232 to 0 and then delete it's self? Any idea what is going on would really help.
Fixing this sorry. 1.2.0.4 will be out in a few mins.

v1.2.0.4: Changed blocks/walls/wires to use usetime 1 instead of 0.
Added plugin support for Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

I installed it into my game, and now it won't start up. It'll just say "Please launch the game with your steam client."
I tried deleting local content, verifying game cache, and I tried removing ALL Terraria content from my computer, and it still won't start up.
How the hell did this happen and how do I fix it.
Run Steam with administrator privileges then run Terraria. After modifying your Terraria it has some extra stuff in there to compile plugins and stuff and that requires administrator privileges.

@Transcend Okay, so I don't know if this will even work, but I've made a sort of Drop Rate increasing plugin. It's not finished, though. Here's the code: http://puu.sh/j5Bo3/4defca3fd9.cs

I followed the format of the other plugins, so it *should* work, if I've done it right. There is another, more complicated, way to do this, however, but I don't really want to do that xD.

What do you think?

@Transcend Okay, so I don't know if this will even work, but I've made a sort of Drop Rate increasing plugin. It's not finished, though. Here's the code: http://puu.sh/j5Bo3/4defca3fd9.cs

I followed the format of the other plugins, so it *should* work, if I've done it right. There is another, more complicated, way to do this, however, but I don't really want to do that xD.

What do you think?
Hmm it is interesting. I don't think it will work because not every NPC gets their life set to 0 and allows a whole game update to happen before active is set to false. Something like this would be possible if I put a hook on the NPCLoot method.

Added InventoryEnhancements plugin notes to main post!!! Check it out.

Hmm it is interesting. I don't think it will work because not every NPC gets their life set to 0 and allows a whole game update to happen before active is set to false. Something like this would be possible if I put a hook on the NPCLoot method.

Added InventoryEnhancements plugin notes to main post!!! Check it out.

I think it would be a good addition, but it's your decision on whether to add that sort of thing. The other way of doing it that I was thinking of is actually dropping the loot directly based on a Main.rand.Next() call that is different depending on the drop rate you set with O/P. That's why it would be complicated, because you'd have to do it for each drop, and it would make the code huge.

The thing is, with simply calling NPCLoot() times the drop rate factor, it could end up still being no drop. It's just the way RNG works. I could, however, increase the number of times NPCLoot() is called per drop rate factor.

If it were me, I would add the hook for NPCLoot(). It would be pretty cool to have a drop rate plugin :).

Back
Top Bottom