[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

how to play terraria

1. download this

2. activate godmode+summon a million minions

3. congratz you won

seriously though, this thing is AWESOME! thanks you making it :D

well most of it is on thier end, but teleporting more than 6 times with RoD, being able to spam heals or not running out of powerful ammo (that is to say, not needing to restock on ammo after spamming all the shots, good luck on detecting this though...) or mana (this part without a decrease in damage)... not sure about others, but those are what come to mind from the POV of somebody who uses it themselves.
Players are disabled from using the Rod on my server. Not dying/spam healing can sometimes be due to lag. Are there any noticeable differences between lagging and using the mod?

Maybe if there's a way to check if a player is lagging...

Players are disabled from using the Rod on my server. Not dying/spam healing can sometimes be due to lag. Are there any noticeable differences between lagging and using the mod?

Maybe if there's a way to check if a player is lagging...
nah, if you see somebody spam potions, they got potion sickness disabled on thier end. other than that, not offhand... though some of it's functions extend to loading the player with buffs so they always have them on. an easy check if somebody forgot to mess with the buffs on the patcher is to look for a leaf crystal on anybody that isn't chlorophyte, or always having nebula buffs without nebula set on them or a teammate.... etc. etc. for buffs that are armor specific and need proccing

nah, if you see somebody spam potions, they got potion sickness disabled on thier end. other than that, not offhand... though some of it's functions extend to loading the player with buffs so they always have them on. an easy check if somebody forgot to mess with the buffs on the patcher is to look for a leaf crystal on anybody that isn't chlorophyte, or always having nebula buffs without nebula set on them or a teammate.... etc. etc. for buffs that are armor specific and need proccing
Hmm... Easier said then done.

Does the mod use chat commands? Could I force a player to use a mod command and see if it has any effect?

Only if they are using a plugin that has commands but I'm not sure if those carry over to servers.

i need help i got the patcher and every time i try to launch it, it just keeps saying terrariapatcher has stop working, anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it please? it doesn't want to start up at all it just shows me the notification it has stop working

Last edited:
I have an issue. Everytime I run the patcher it says "TerrariaPatcher has stoped working: A problem has caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." After trying two more times it just stops working and whenever I click on it, it doesn't open. Do you know what the problem is?

true true. I guess I'll just have to look out for modders and ban them.

well, on the bright side, they can't use plugins themselves to summon events... not without creating the item to do so in the first place, anyways... which is part of the reason i can understand you wanting to ban folks with patched clients from the standpoint of somebody who uses one himself. in the wrong hands it's a great tool for griefing... though i wonder... can your server protect against teleports outside of RoD and mirror ones? there's a plugin that lets you warp at will to any destination, even if in doing so it can cause some lag. (disconnected a buddy once with it)

they also can summon npcs, but again, only in singleplayer. using it in multiplayer creates a 'ghost npc' that only they can see and vanishes without dropping loot the first damage it takes.

How do i use the item config plugin, No matter how hard i look at it i just cant figure out anything
bah, hate having to doublepost, but let me start by saying that there's a seperate config file in the folder with terraria's exe called "ItemConfig.cfg". maybe it lacks the .cfg but it's a configuration settings file.

you in it? coo'.

start by going to your wiki of choice with the config file loaded in a text editor in the background. find desired item to edit, and copy it's item id.

then, put this under the header thing it started with.
Code:
[item#]
where # is the item's id number.
what stats you wish to modify from there, you add in the lines following it.
look in the plugin's CS file for what stats you can edit with the config file.
remember that Int means you can only edit them to the nearest full number. bool is true (yes) or false (no). string i think allows text but you really don't need to mess with it, all it does is affect what the text says. and float means you use numbers but it can use the decimal point.

here's a sample using the influx waver
Code:
[item2880]
name=Sacred Edge
damage=205
usetime=10
scale=2.5
tooltip=This is really a modded Influx Waver.

some notes:
-damage is it's base damage. with 205 damage this modded influx waver hangs out with meowmere and the terrarian, damage wise!
-usetime is in frames. so 10 there is 10 frames for it to do the swing.
-scale affects how large the item is. 1.0 is normal sized... 2.5 is 150% times it's usual size.

Last edited:
To answer your question, yes I am using a vanilla Terraria 1.3.0.7 from Steam.
Perhaps you tried to patch the executable multiple times. Delete all Terraria files in your installation folder and refresh your installation from Steam then try again.

bah, hate having to doublepost, but let me start by saying that there's a seperate config file in the folder with terraria's exe called "ItemConfig.cfg". maybe it lacks the .cfg but it's a configuration settings file.

you in it? coo'.

start by going to your wiki of choice with the config file loaded in a text editor in the background. find desired item to edit, and copy it's item id.

then, put this under the header thing it started with.
Code:
[item#]
where # is the item's id number.
what stats you wish to modify from there, you add in the lines following it.
look in the plugin's CS file for what stats you can edit with the config file.
remember that Int means you can only edit them to the nearest full number. bool is true (yes) or false (no). string i think allows text but you really don't need to mess with it, all it does is affect what the text says. and float means you use numbers but it can use the decimal point.

here's a sample using the influx waver
Code:
[item2880]
name=Sacred Edge
damage=205
usetime=10
scale=2.5
tooltip=This is really a modded Influx Waver.

some notes:
-damage is it's base damage. with 205 damage this modded influx waver hangs out with meowmere and the terrarian, damage wise!
-usetime is in frames. so 10 there is 10 frames for it to do the swing.
-scale affects how large the item is. 1.0 is normal sized... 2.5 is 150% times it's usual size.
Thanks bro

This what happens when i open the patcher

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 289
I Found A Way To Get NPC And Item ID's Faster Than Having To Scroll All Through The Other Ones. Go On The Terraria Wiki, Search Up The Item/NPC You Want And Under The Stats/Info Window, There Is The ID Number. Thanks And Have Fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom