1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by blushiemagic, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Allmyfood

Allmyfood Terrarian

I noticed the Github version of tmodloader is v0.11.1. But almost no mods are running that. Should we be updating to v0.11.1 or is that a beta release?

Vlad Terrarian likes this.
  2. Lambo6thElement

Lambo6thElement Terrarian

I need help. So I installed this since I just got the game, it worked at first, I started downloading a few mods then all of a sudden it crashed. But when I went to go back on the game it kept me in a black screen. So I deleted this tmodloader and all the game files, then I shutdown my computer reloaded and installed and download this and the game. But now it keeps putting me in a black screen and I tried everything. PLEASE help!

Side note: the game works when the tmodloader is not installed

3. Vlad Terrarian

Vlad Terrarian The Destroyer

Please, help me. So in Github I saw Tmodloader 0.11.1v realese... so I downloaded it and I put all the files into the folder, where my terraria is installed. But when I try to run Tmodloader Terraria it not even giving me any problem, it's not even running... how can I solve this problem?.
    Also in older Tmodloader version there were folder called "Modcompile" but in new one it's separately from Tmodloader.

4. Vlad Terrarian

Lol, how did you installed that? I had so much problems with installation

5. Tiger Festival

Tiger Festival Terrarian

How come the latest iteration of the Tmodloader hasn't been posted in the OP of this topic?

6. Cohenks

Cohenks Terrarian

how do i add a range bonus to an item?

7. Allmyfood

Allmyfood Terrarian

I haven't yet. I'm still running v0.10.1.5. As most mods are still built on that.
    I did install the x64-bit version as well, but that required installing a fresh version of Terraria and putting the x64-bit the normal Terraria folder. with the x64 Package as well.
    It was all in the readme file.

8. Vlad Terrarian

9. NKSHV

NKSHV Terrarian

will 0.10 mods work with 0.11?

10. mevipro123456

mevipro123456 Terrarian

I installed 0.11.2.2 version, launch the game but nothing happened, even an error window. I'm on win 7

11. CatholicGreninja

CatholicGreninja Terrarian

How do I update tModLoader? I have v0.10.1 and I would like to upgrade to v0.11.5
    I have tModLoader in my Steam Terraria files (and it works fine) I downloaded v0.11.5 and replaced the old v0.10.1 files with the v.0.11.5 files, but when I run tModLoader, it says it's v0.10.5

Help would be greatly appreciated.

12. ChicoreeMusic

ChicoreeMusic Terrarian

Hey guys! Got a question..
    Is there a reason why the biggest mods arent loading anymore? It suddenly says, when reloading mods, "it looks like this mod is made for an older version of tmodloader (tremor)" and thorium isnt loading up anymore, too. It just write a few error lines and crashes. It worked all completely fine until some new day i started terraria. How does this come?

13. mevipro123456

mevipro123456 Terrarian

Did you update tML to 0.11?

14. GayLord239

GayLord239 Terrarian

Hello(Sorry for my bad English).
    How can I use a shader? I have a .fx file. It needs to be compiled into .xnb, but how?

15. DRKV

DRKV Spazmatism

Oh boy, ok... :) So, I've done quite a bit of research on this. The "recommended" way to do this currently is to download an ancient version of Visual Studio, so you can install the XNA Game Studio extension into it. You can then use that.
    If you don't want to download an extra 10 GB IDE though, I have come up with a way to coax msbuild into compiling shaders for you using the XNA Content Pipeline. It's still a bit janky though, I'm not really finished with it yet. But PM me, and I can hook you up. ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM
  16. LittlePianoh

LittlePianoh Terrarian

How do you update TModLoader without removing all of your installed mods?