1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by blushiemagic, Jul 7, 2015.

1. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

You'll need to google "how to prevent norton quarantine file" or something similar

FuzzyPanda629 likes this.
  2. Speckface

Speckface Terrarian

what do I need to install it with? my pc doesn't know.

3. Inferno Gear

Inferno Gear Terrarian

Manually drag the files in the TModLoader folder over the Terraria files.

4. F.P Rox

F.P Rox Skeletron Prime

honestly the last version simply makes my game not boot :( so i'm using 0.10.1.5 for now, it only happens in the new version, does not happen in 0.10.1.5 and below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  5. Misha4ek By Magic

Misha4ek By Magic Terrarian

Newest update does not work on the pirated version );
    upload_2019-8-7_4-29-59.png

Attached Files:

6. TheBlazingTopHat

TheBlazingTopHat Steampunker

I've searched quite a few places for this, but never found an answer: how do I create a mod thumbnail?

7. Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Zwip-Zwap Zapony Terrarian

Then just use a legal copy of the game instead. That should hopefully still work.

In the Mods list (where you enable/disable/reload installed mods)? Simply have an 80x80 PNG image called "icon.png" in your mod's root folder, beside the "build.txt" and "description.txt" files, and then (re-)compile your mod for it to get a thumbnail.
    See the "Mod Icon" section of this link for the golden border template used by many mods' thumbnails: tModLoader/tModLoader

In the Mod Browser (where you download new mods or updates for existing ones)? This gets a little complicated, but first, add an 80x80 "icon.png" image to your mod's root folder (as above), then carefully read the "GitHub integration" section of this link: tModLoader/tModLoader

8. TheBlazingTopHat

TheBlazingTopHat Steampunker

Thank you so much!

9. Ghost of Valhalla

Ghost of Valhalla Terrarian

hi i dont know if anyone else is having this issue but when i go into my mods (ingame not a folder) the terraria cursor just kinda stops working like moving around clicking and all that and i have to manually shut down terraria. if anyone could help that would be swell!

10. direwolf420

direwolf420 Terrarian

Go to where your mods are stored:
    Windows: C:\Users\MY USER NAME HERE\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods
    Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods
    Then find the "enabled" file, and remove "HamstarHelpers", line from it

11. Dark Pixel

Dark Pixel Terrarian

HI, do you have any connection with the software "akamai netsession" or the browser "Brave", I've checked and they were installed today. Tmodloader is the only thing I've installed recently and I've noticed from the control panel in windows that netsession and brave were installed roughly the same time i installed tmodloader.

For those who don't know, netsession is essentially a legal bot network and spyware virus packaged and hidden with other software, installed without the permission or knowledge of the computer owner. Akamai Netsession connects to other computers to form a peer to peer network and uses your bandwidth to upload data and offload the cost of running a server. It also monitors your bandwidth for data received and sent. It's very dubiously hidden in: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local. It also restarts itself if you use end task in the taks manager.

Brave, from what i gather ,is a fairly legitimate browser. Though it suspiciously has no uninstaller.

As you might imagine i am quite concerned about this. All signs point to the tmodloader download as the source and i'd like to warn you, this is not the sort of thing you want to be associated with and i am suspicious that you are.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to hear from you. i apologise for the accusatory tone but there is no other suspect for this, i also apologise if this turns out to be baseless

PS for those who are concerned, you can check if netsession is on your machine by using task manager. you will have to uninstall from the control panel, same goes for Brave.

And, once again, I apologise if i'm spouting crap here.

12. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

Of course not. All the code for the installer is on the github, it doesn't do anything of the sort.

DRKV likes this.
  13. Ghost of Valhalla

Ghost of Valhalla Terrarian

Hi! so i deleted HamstarHelpers and that worked! i could access the Mods list but a new problem arose i now cant go into the mod browser any advice for how to fix it?

14. shinxkirby

shinxkirby Terrarian

I have a question about accessories that show up on the player.

So I`m trying to make a vanity accessory for the waist, but I don`t know what equip type to use.
    according to the Terraria wiki:
    • When multiple accessories that are visible on the same location are worn, such as a Panic Necklace and a Cross Necklace, the accessory on the lowest vanity slot will be visible. If no vanity accessories are worn, the accessory on the lowest equipment slot will be shown.
    But what are the accessory types that can affect each other and what do I put in the
    [AutoloadEquip(EquipType.__________)]
    Are the vanity slots the Balloons,Face,Front,Handsoff,Handson,Neck,Shield,Shoes,&Waist that I found in the Terraria sprite assets for accessories?
    And if it is, then do I have to put Acc_ before the vanity type (Example: [AutoloadEquip(EquipType.Acc_Waist)]) like how it is organized in the Terraria sprite assets (Example: Acc_Waist_2 which is the sprite name for the copper pocket watch)?
    Can you please make a simple accessory that shows up on the player as an example, so I can figure out what to put in the equiptype for my own accessory.

15. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

Terraria ModLoader: Terraria.ModLoader Namespace Reference

This lists the spots. ExampleMod has many accessories that use EquipTypes

16. Belphy

Belphy Terrarian

Hello, I wish to ask for some help downloading the newest version of tmodloader, I use Linux, and currently I have experimented with what works and what doesn't multiple times.
    The newest version of tmodloader for Linux dosen't seem to contain a new version of "Terraria.exe" which appears to be necessary for the modification to function correctly with the newest edition.
    I have tried downloading older versions such as v0.10.1.3, and it works just fine after exporting manually.
    Thank you for reading and please help if you know any information on the matter.

17. yestoA

yestoA Skeletron Prime

why does having tmodloader installed lower the version of terraria from 1.3.5.3 to 1.3.5.2?

18. Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Zwip-Zwap Zapony Terrarian

Because that tModLoader is based on/built upon 1.3.5.2, not 1.3.5.3.
    It doesn't seem to be worth the effort to update tModLoader to be based on 1.3.5.3, as the only "notable for common players" thing of 1.3.5.3 might be "Fixed Eater of Worlds despawning at rare situations in multiplayer", while it should be noted that it specifically says "rare" there and still only applies to a single boss. The other things are mostly translation-related.
    And save data is cross-compatible between 1.3.5.2 and 1.3.5.3, so not even save data can be used as an argument.

19. Almondmilk

Almondmilk Terrarian

So I need help with something. I just download tmodloader and did everything right but when I search up some mods I want on the browser like the Calamity mod, it's not there. Other mods like thorium and spirit are there but a lot of other mods aren't in the browser. I've tried downloading them manually but they don't show up in my mods list either.

20. Inferno Gear

Inferno Gear Terrarian

My guess is that you are using v0.10.1.5, and not v0.11.3, as I had a similar issue. Update.