Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Guys I am having an issue with items not dropping from enemies, not sure if its the mod or the loader, I am playing on a server with just a friend and I with only rocko's ARPG mod installed. Any ideas what could be up?

When i tried to load the mods this came up:

Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_gc_alloc_vector (intptr,intptr,intptr)
at (wrapper alloc) object:AllocVector (intptr,intptr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_GamePlatform.TextureDataFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32& width, System.Int32& height, System.Byte[]& pixels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.TextureDataFromStreamEXT (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32& width, System.Int32& height, System.Byte[]& pixels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When i tried to load the mods this came up:

Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_gc_alloc_vector (intptr,intptr,intptr)
at (wrapper alloc) object:AllocVector (intptr,intptr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_GamePlatform.TextureDataFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32& width, System.Int32& height, System.Byte[]& pixels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.TextureDataFromStreamEXT (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32& width, System.Int32& height, System.Byte[]& pixels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
The game doesn't have enough memory to load / continue. Try disabling some of your mods.

If you run mods or play on big, established servers - you should turn off auto-updates for Terraria in Steam.

Ugh, Steam used to allow you to allow manual updates only, sorry for that, totally bad info on my part.

We don't really support downgrading to older/previous versions. Neither does Steam in general.
Actually, if you catch Steam fast enough, you can stop it from downloading the update. I find that this usually pauses all future updates for the game as well, until you tell it to "HEY START DOWNLOADING AGAIN" :p

Unfortunately, 1.3.1.1 is extremely tiny (just a couple megs) so this can be very difficult to do (unless you are prepared and shut off your wifi right before steam finished booting up)

Actually, if you catch Steam fast enough, you can stop it from downloading the update. I find that this usually pauses all future updates for the game as well, until you tell it to "HEY START DOWNLOADING AGAIN" :p

Unfortunately, 1.3.1.1 is extremely tiny (just a couple megs) so this can be very difficult to do (unless you are prepared and shut off your wifi right before steam finished booting up)
It doesn't matter. You can just install tmodloader again and everything is the same as you left it off at. Personally I've installed tmodloader as tmodloader.exe not Terraria.exe, so updates don't force me to reinstall the .exe for it to work.

(The only way an update would matter is if the update changed the texture file names, as the 1.2 to 1.3 update did)

You need a program that supports .cs files so you can save one as a .cs file.

Some programs:
- Xamarin Studios
- Visual Studios
- Notepad++ (what I use)
Personally I prefer anything over Xamarin for C#. I used Xamarin in my Mobile Apps course and it was extremely buggy. It was still usable, but annoying.

I wonder if this will update to 1.3.1.1 cause not being able to play is starting to get annoying.
Also if I use the past version it'll downgrade terraria back to 1.3.1 and I don't really want to do that.

I wouldn't worry about that, honestly. 1.3.1.1 is mostly a bugfix update, and the bugs fixed were relatively minor. There's a few other things (Subtle Frame Skip mode) but again, not that big.

Regardless, I'm sure a fully 1.3.1.1 compatible version should come out soon, if you're dead set about it.

I've run into an issue on multiplayer server gameplay, and it is in regards to explosives. Not sure if someone has already mentioned this previously, but as I didn't see it in Known Bugs, I'll put this here.

At the very least, I have been unable to get the bomb to cause any tile damage at all in MP. Tested this in SP and bombs worked fine, as well as reverting to vanilla MP (tModLoader not installed) where bombs were - as expected - working there too. Anyone else getting the same issue?

I have double-checked, and I am currently using the latest version of Terraria, tModLauncher, and Thorium.

I had already visited the Thorium thread and discovered that it wasn't Thorium's fault, as disabling the mod still prevented explosives from doing any tile damage in MP.

Back
Top Bottom