Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I am getting a weird problem with installing mods that are not in the Mod browser section. I put them into the mods folder and nothing shows up when I reload the mods.
Any suggestions would be nice :happy:
If they aren't in the Mod Browser, I'm willing to be they are pre 0.8 mods, which are incompatible.

Yes, though I've been swamped with real life stuff as well as a bit of laziness and haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to devote some time to it over the next couple weeks.
Nice! Even though most of us have Steam (I guess), it's still nice for those that do have GoG.

Hello everyone!

I create a variable on the basis of downedAbomination from ExampleMod. In single player works fine, but in multiplayer, when you create the server hangs at the "Starting Server"... But when I removed the variable, multiplayer working!

What could be wrong?

I need help with this :I :

Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)

Just switch the update schedule for Steam (if you have Steam) to only update the game when you launch it and always switch Steam to offline mode before launching it.

This is what I do until tModLoader updates.

Um.PNG

I placed the files in an "Add-ons" folder within my Terraria directory.
Anything I'm doing wrong? No, the manual install didn't work either.

Is there anyway to downgrade Terraria to Play the mods again? :(

No.
OMG ! I just update my Terraria on Steam already... Do i lost my character and world ?

No, they're still there, but you won't be able to access them until you reinstall tModLoader once it's updated.
View attachment 128624

I placed the files in an "Add-ons" folder within my Terraria directory.
Anything I'm doing wrong? No, the manual install didn't work either.

This is probably caused by the update, but even if it isn't, it's pointless trying to install tModLoader until it has been updated to 1.3.2.

I'm trying to make a mod that makes the merchant sell wood once I kill the slime king. I don't get any errors when I try to build the mod, but the items that the merchant sell don't change.

Code:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.IO;

namespace SimpleMod
{
    public class SimpleMod : Mod
    {
        public class merchantModification : GlobalNPC
        {
            public override void SetupShop(int type, Chest shop, ref int nextSlot)
            {
                if (type == NPCID.Merchant)
                {
                    if (NPC.downedSlimeKing)
                    {
                        shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.Wood);
                        nextSlot++;
                    }
                }
                base.SetupShop(type, shop, ref nextSlot);
            }
        }