Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

ok I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong, am I using the wrong vanilla terraria file?
Did you go through the folder, right click all the files, click in Properties, and see whether or not they're blocked?

Ah alright :D Way easier. Also, projectiles are just overriding ModProjectile?
Theoretically yes. Haven't tested it (like how I didn't test dll references) yet though so I don't know whether it will actually work.

Did you go through the folder, right click all the files, click in Properties, and see whether or not they're blocked?

Theoretically yes. Haven't tested it (like how I didn't test dll references) yet though so I don't know whether it will actually work.

I'm going to test .dll right now. My own .dll is a base of my overhaul mods, which makes my life easier.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438970823,1438970647][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nope. Getting error, .dll file is only in dllreferences folder.
Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'GIMJsOverhaul, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at GIMJsOverhaulEvents.GIMJsOverhaulEvents.Load()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I'm going to test .dll right now. My own .dll is a base of my overhaul mods, which makes my life easier.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438970823,1438970647][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nope. Getting error, .dll file is only in dllreferences folder.
Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'GIMJsOverhaul, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Is this for loading the mod?

Ah, guess that means the dll files still need to be in the same folder as Terraria.exe. Looks like I actually need to try Googling about this now.
Alright.

I'm also getting this (I removed all global add hooks as autoload=true) This Events mod uses multiple global npc and item hooks. My other mod only uses 1 hook and loads fine with no errors (using autoload)
Code:
Method not found: 'Void Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetGlobalNPC(Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalNPC)'.

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>mkdir tModLoader
A subdirectory or file tModLoader already exists.

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>"bsdiff4.3-win32/bspatch" Vanilla/Terraria.exe tModLoader/Terraria.exe patch_info

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Alright.

I'm also getting this (I removed all global add hooks as autoload=true) This Events mod uses multiple global npc and item hooks. My other mod only uses 1 hook and loads fine with no errors (using autoload)
Code:
Method not found: 'Void Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetGlobalNPC(Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalNPC)'.
It looks like the overhaul mod is still calling SetGlobalNPC. You said you removed those though, so not really sure what's happening. I would double-check, save, and rebuild just in case.

I checked all of the files and everything was allowed so I'm still confused why I can't get this to work :sigh:
So, to summarize things so far, you've unblocked all of the files in all the subfolders, you're putting the vanilla Terraria.exe file (not the shortcut) in the vanilla folder, you're running the bat file as admin, and the modded Terraria.exe still isn't appearing in the tModLoader folder?

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>mkdir tModLoader
A subdirectory or file tModLoader already exists.

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>"bsdiff4.3-win32/bspatch" Vanilla/Terraria.exe tModLoader/Terraria.exe patch_info

C:\Users\cjayt\Downloads\tModLoader v0.3.1\ModLoader v0.3.1>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

It seems the bat is still in downloads. You didn't move these files to The terraria folder did you?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438971812,1438971753][/DOUBLEPOST]
It looks like the overhaul mod is still calling SetGlobalNPC. You said you removed those though, so not really sure what's happening. I would double-check, save, and rebuild just in case.
That's the weird thing, there's no more SetGlobalNPC or AddGlobalNPC

fml, I forgot to rebuild. Kappa

Put all those files and folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
So that patch_info is in the same folder as Terraria.exe
Next copy Terraria.exe into the Vanilla folder, then run patch.bat
Now you should have a modded file in tModLoader

Back
Top Bottom