Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

The next version will be compatible with 1.3.0.4. You can track my progress on the features for the next update near the bottom of the OP.
What exactly is GOG?
Is a site where you can purchase DRM-free games, mainly focused in old (it used to be called Good Old Games).
I hope that your mod is compatible with the version available here: http://www.gog.com/game/terraria
I can't wait to create my own mods. :)

Is a site where you can purchase DRM-free games, mainly focused in old (it used to be called Good Old Games).
I hope that your mod is compatible with the version available here: http://www.gog.com/game/terraria
what the hell is wrong with just buying it on steam? o_O i seriously don't get why anyone gets the GOG version, and heck, i still don't get why people buy mac or linux.

What's wrong in not purchasing in Steam? I prefer to own (not rent) the games that I acquire. All games are DRM-free in GOG. The same can't be said of Steam. :)
DRM isn't always bad though, and the Steam version is the most commonly used. Decompiling the GOG version and applying the fixes that the decompiler makes takes a while (although this argument can be easily thrown away.)
This doesn't mean I DON'T support the compatibility with the GOG version, it would be nice for those.

On-Topic, can't wait to see how this develops! It definitly seems like a good replacement for tAPI.

heyyyyyyyyyyy, windows 32, like the windows 64 aswell.... pls? xD also cant wait to make things again, use these textures ive made xD

Last edited:
Hm, if you need to purchase the GoG game separately, I don't know if I'd be able to make a version compatible with it, since I haven't purchased it myself. Hopefully the exe will be same as the exe that Steam gives? If it is there won't be any extra work required.

1.3.0.5 was just released, so you may wanna update straight to that.
eally excited for custom mounts, i was actually going to ask about that! :D
Oh man I feel so trolled, lol
That will probably delay the update by about a day.

Following this closely.

It's refreshing to see an api/modloader that is so active. I look forward to all of the wonderful mods that will be made with this beautiful creation of yours.

I own both the gog (read DRM free) version and steam, and the only difference I have seen is that the gog version negates the need for the steam interface ( and thus the need for the drm checks that steam does)

The next version will be compatible with 1.3.0.4. You can track my progress on the features for the next update near the bottom of the OP.
What exactly is GOG?
drm free game store, they sell terraria that doesn't need steam.(its better :))

if you need to purchase the GoG game separately, I don't know if I'd be able to make a version compatible with it, since I haven't purchased it myself. Hopefully the exe will be same as the exe that Steam gives?
the only difference should be that steam's is dependent on steam and requires steam running to run, so hopefully
(1 way... i can understand not converting them back because modded stuff(but even then why not just a tickbox that says 'anything nonvanilla will get stripped out and replaced with coralstone, no going back are you sure')

Last edited:
Would tModLoader allow mechanic based mods like adding in a RPG or some other character development system? I would have to learn how to code first, but I've always wanted to have some sort of leveling system or have a system where the player develops the character by doing things, like in Runescape. I wanted to combine that with another mod, Omnir's nostalgia pack. Mostly because I love using Final Fantasy spells in Terraria.

Please make this compatible with 1.3.0.4, and with GOG's version (if it isn't already).

Next update should be compatible with the latest version (1.3.0.5)
idk if it will work for GOG versions, but probably in near future.

will it have vanilla world and character support rather than "an intentional stylistic choice (...to limit your options in a modding tool)"?

Currently you can move vanilla characters and worlds into the tModLoader folder and they will work, but cannot be converted back. I'm not sure if the converting back will ever work.

Currently you can move vanilla characters and worlds into the tModLoader folder and they will work, but cannot be converted back. I'm not sure if the converting back will ever work.
cool. and yeah, like i said not going back just makes sense. it was only the "roll a new world for tapi" thing that bugged me :D
(that and being told it was purely intentional when suggesting importing as a feature)

Last edited:
I will also update tModLoaderUtils to work with the updates version once it's released.
(tModLoaderUtils)
[DOUBLEPOST=1436879871,1436879824][/DOUBLEPOST]
cool. and yeah, like i said not going back just makes sense. it was only the "roll a new world for tapi" thing that bugged me :D

Yeah, it kinda sucks to have to start all over. Fortunately with tModLoader you don't have to :D

Back
Top Bottom