Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

It already does. It even let's you have multiple packs. Unlike vanilla, you place any number of zip files into a TexturePacks folder in the save directory rather than just a single TexturePack.zip file.
What do you mean/where is the save directory?

when I try to open it moded terraria it says: terraria: error "system.diinotfoundexception: unable to load dll 'csteamworks': the specified module coud not be found. (exception from hersult: 0x800700e) at steamworks.nativemethods.steamapi_restartappifnecessary(appld_tunownappid)
at terraria.social.steam.coresocialmodule.initialize()
at terraria.social.socialapi.initialize(nullable'1 mode)
at terraria.program.launchgame(string[] args)
help me
[doublepost=1491696444,1491696390][/doublepost]seriously help me!

I re-installed tModLoader (9.2.2) on my Mac yesterday (I wiped it a few days ago). When I open Terraria and click on mods or mod sources, my game crashes. Before I wiped it, I was using tModLoader to play some mods and it worked perfectly.
What should I do?

I downloaded 9.2.1 and everything is working again.

Last edited:
I recently had an issue which locked me out of steams files so I reinstalled it as steam 2 and am wondering if thats why tmodloader installer isnt working

I have been having an issue with fps dips. Whenever I open and close my inventory near crafting stations the fps drops from the 60s to the 40s, and it is very noticeable. The fps returns to normal after some time of opening and closing my inventory again, but the issue is extremely annoying because it happens on singleplayer and when playing with friends on a dedicated server. My specs are far above required so I do not understand what is causing this issue.

I have tried reinstalling terraria, changing mods, and messing with settings and priorities. I have seen similar situations to mine, but none of them have been resolved.

Mods:
"Boss Checklist",
"Calamity Mod",
"Fishing3",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"Helpful Hotkeys",
"HEROsMod",
"imkSushisMod",
"imkSushisModDropsAddon",
"ItemChecklist",
"LargeWorldEnabler",
"More Modifiers",
"Loot Bags",
"Magic Storage",
"More Accessories",
"MultiLureAccessories",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SpiritMod",
"ThoriumMod",
"Tremor",
"WingSlot",
"WhatModIsThisFrom",
"YoyoOverload"

My Specs:
I7 5930k @ 4.0ghz
24gb ddr4 ram
gtx 1080 sli
terraria installed on ssd

So I just download TMod of Mac , and Iam unsure why but Mod Browser is offline and when selecting "Mods" the program crashes immediately. Pretty much I can't download mods or enable/disable them. Any advice would be helpful
Yea I have the exact same problem. I was hoping to find an answer here

So I just download TMod of Mac , and Iam unsure why but Mod Browser is offline and when selecting "Mods" the program crashes immediately. Pretty much I can't download mods or enable/disable them. Any advice would be helpful

Roll back one version to 9.2.1 That version works correctly for me on Linux. I've mentioned here and directly PM'ed the mod creator to let them know that this is happening in Linux as well with 9.2.2 but there's been no response yet. It's not like I'm expecting it to instantly be fixed or even to have an estimate for when it might be but it would be nice to know the problem is acknowledged as existing.

v0.9.2.3
-Fixed Mod Browser not working on Mac
-Fixed bug where Mods menu crashes on Linux
-Fixed bug where tile entities are not restored when the mod is disabled/reenabled
-Fixed server ID mismatch bug when players and the server use different languages
-Fixed bug where CanPlace hook for tiles does not work
-More detailed error message for missing a Mod class
-Exception for recipe with too many ingredients
-Fixed bug where music boxes don't record stuff

More important bugfixes here. Enjoy!

Okay, Help. So, I updated Tmodloader and tried playing it and it said "Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."
Any Suggestions?
I'll see one more time and If it dosen't work i'm probably screwed.

Okay, Help. So, I updated Tmodloader and tried playing it and it said "Windows protected your PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."
Any Suggestions?
I'll see one more time and If it doesn't work i'm probably screwed.

Should I just Press "Run Anyway" ?
Or is Java The Problem?
I have Never before had this happen.
And, TmodloaderInstaller says " Can't Find A Place to install to"

Last edited:
Hey, so Windows Defender didn't let me run Terraria after I updated tModLoader, do you know what might have caused this? I thought that the problem happened because was that I downloaded it and dragged it into the Terraria folder without getting rid of the older tModLoader files, even though I didn't think I've ever had a problem with that before. So I tried again after removing all of the tModLoader files, and reinstalling Terraria to get completely original files just in case, and got the same problem again. This was with Windows 10, the Steam version of Terraria, and the correct tModLoader download. Hopefully this gives you some idea of what happened, and that it wasn't just a waste of time for me to write this, and for you to read it. (I also had mods from the earlier version of tModLoader too, but that never affected anything either before, but who knows.)

v0.9.2.3
-Fixed Mod Browser not working on Mac
-Fixed bug where Mods menu crashes on Linux
-Fixed bug where tile entities are not restored when the mod is disabled/reenabled
-Fixed server ID mismatch bug when players and the server use different languages
-Fixed bug where CanPlace hook for tiles does not work
-More detailed error message for missing a Mod class
-Exception for recipe with too many ingredients
-Fixed bug where music boxes don't record stuff

More important bugfixes here. Enjoy!

Thank you. Sorry if my previous post sounded a little cranky, it's been a stressful week or two.

The recent update make the game laggy, with FPS drops and graphics bugs... or is it just me?

EDIT: Nevermind, is just me and my :red:ty PC.

Last edited:
Should I just Press "Run Anyway" ?
Or is Java The Problem?
I have Never before had this happen.
And, TmodloaderInstaller says " Can't Find A Place to install to"

I'm hoping this isn't me.
The Game Play, Hasn't had any problems whatsoever.
But one time, it reverted to original terraria, and I eventually fixed it. I was just being dumb.
I Personally love how you manage to take ENORMOUS mods and make them super stable (Or I have a :redmunch:ing amazing computer)
I love the :redspin: out of this resource, and keep it up

BUTT,
I still don't know what to do for the windows thing
Sorry If I'm coming off whiny.

Thanks,
Mr.CookieManMan

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

I know I'm asking too much questions but I really love mod making.

So how do I make falling projectiles (like star wrath) and homing projectiles?
They are both sword projectiles

I cannot seem to find the answers

Last edited:
Okay, either the mods have a problem or the entire ModLoader has a problem. And this very problem has been occurring despite the notes put out beforehand.

Even when the ModLoader updates and it says that the mods don't have to update, the mods can't work because they're made for the previous version.

Also, my game keeps crashing whenever I press continue after an error pops up during a mod reload. :/

Back
Top Bottom