Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Just want to ask, will tmodloader update the mod installed? Like I installed a mod, play it for a while and the mod is updated, do I need to manually update the mod or will the API do it for me?

Just want to ask, will tmodloader update the mod installed? Like I installed a mod, play it for a while and the mod is updated, do I need to manually update the mod or will the API do it for me?
You should occasionally visit the mod browser and set the filter to updated to see mods you have installed with updates available. After you download them all you need to reload and you are good to go.

um.. can some one help me? when ever i launch terraira with tmodloader i get this error

system.entrypointnotfoundexception: unable to find an entry point named initsafe in DLL csteamworks at steamworks.nativemethhoods.steamAPI_intiSafe0 at steamworks.steamAPI.init0 at terraira.social.steam.coresocialmodule.intilize0 at terraira.social.socialAPI.initialize(nullable '1 mode) at terraira.program.launchgame(string{} args)

why does it pop up an error when i start it? and it's not that the mod's installed wrong because it worked completely fine a couple weeks ago! I've tried reinstalling the mod, reinstalling terraria multiple times now and 2 things happen: either regular terraria start or nothing start and the error comes up! Help?

Can you Update to 1.3.5.3?
Check out this video. Everything the man explained how to play in Terraria 1.3.5.3 with tModLoader.
[doublepost=1493467439,1493467270][/doublepost]Dear friends, help please. I think I didn't cuss who would not for what I write off topic tMod. I and my friend suggested the Terraria, when we play over the network. What should I do? Help please.

I have a bug, mods when first loaded in a play-session of tmodloader will not be checked for version, but reloading mods will check the version and come up with error of "outdated", love the bug, but it's still a bug ;c

I've tried many times to install this, even uninstalling everything Terraria related and reintalling it plus the mod exactly as shown. I continued to encounter the same pop-up message.

System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named
'InitSafe' in DLL 'CSteamworks'.
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_InitSafe()
at Steamworks.SteamAI.Init()
at Terraria.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Am I doing something wrong or is this a coding error to no fault of my own?

if the game feels "slow" like all the movements are sluggish then you most likely need a better cpu. The cpu tends to be the bottleneck when it comes down to games like terraria, but at the same time you said the game runs fine without the mods. It could just be that some of the mods are having conflicts, but the easiest solution to your problem would be to upgrade your cpu if possible since I very much doubt the creators of these mods have either the know-how or time to work on optimizations. In all honesty though it could just be the engine the game is running on has limitations with memory and that limit is surpassed when using so many mods. I have most of the mods you are using and the game runs just like normal terraria, except for the occasional error I get when loading the mods of which causes me to have to re-enable and try loading them again lol.

pc specs
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690k CPU 4.3GHz
8GB Ram
Gigabyte 1060 graphics card
OS running off of a SSD games stored on HDD
You've been experiencing the same slowdown issues as I have? Leveled works just as fine as vanilla, so the problem's on tMod.

For those who're not understanding: tMod's been randomly suffering heavy slowdowns when the inventory's closed.

Mods:
> SacredTools
> Dushy's Upgrade
> Zocklukas' Mod
> NeoN's Mod
> Recipe Browser
> Worldgen Previewer
Inactive: Crystilium

if its terraria on a whole then what i might do is wait awhile then try and play a modded run again

id do it after tmodloader updates or way down the line if they update terraria again
i really want to play it man lol and either my pc or the game itselfis making it hard lol

oh and the cpu usage does go up when i play modded terraria
the ram too it maxes my 4gb ram usage and thats when it gives me memory errors
sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it givesme problems the slow downs are mostlylike
without mods
terraria runs like butter maybe a large wheel of cheddar
but with mods
really slow
playable once you get use to it but slower than unmodded terraria
the inventory slowdown thing you mentioned i dont think i experienced that cause the entire game is slow for me anyway when i use mods
i dont really care about the speed by the way i know its gonna be slow on my system i just want it to not crash and my mods to load everytime i start the game up thats all

and as for the mod compatibilities
im pretty sure all those mods are compatible with each other otherwise theyd never be listed in the youtubers mod list of which i was using

anyway as i said
ill try a modded terraria run later down the line either when tmodloader updates or terraria does
and hopefullly somebody could tell those mod authors to optimize their mods cause come on thats just laziness man lol not everybody has a godmachine for a computer

oh and id get a better computer if i had the money lol but thats something ill get way in the future im not worried about that at the moment
rather than replace my cpu id replace the whole thing anyway much easier

Last edited:
oh and i dont know if this is relevant but if you guys play starbound too
i use mods on that and the game works fine
slow on some parts of the game but much more playable than modded terraria so i know my pc can handle certain games even if it is old
hell i might as well say skyrim the original legendary edition works too
tho on medium settings and its choppy lol and with mods too
lack of hdd space prevents me from using a lotmoremods anyway
fallout nv with mods on medium settings as well
terraria is the only game ive ever had problems with and its not even 3d :( weird lol

I tried making an entity spawn only on the surface, but this code doesn't work. Any suggestions?

public override float CanSpawn(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
{
return spawnInfo.spawnTileY < Main.rockLayer && !Main.dayTime ? 0.5f : 0.5f;
}

They spawn everwhere, including the underworld.

why does it pop up an error when i start it? and it's not that the mod's installed wrong because it worked completely fine a couple weeks ago! I've tried reinstalling the mod, reinstalling terraria multiple times now and 2 things happen: either regular terraria start or nothing start and the error comes up! Help?

Terraria updated to 1.4, so tmodloader no longer works with it. I've heard it may be a while (month+) before they're able to put out a new version.

Terraria updated to 1.4, so tmodloader no longer works with it. I've heard it may be a while (month+) before they're able to put out a new version.
Pretty sure they didn't skip 1.3.6 and go straight to 1.4, but y'know... It is correct however that Terraria has updated, and people must wait a few months to catch up with tMod. Even this might take longer, since the Terraria pc team is dishing out updates, one after the other.

I tried making an entity spawn only on the surface, but this code doesn't work. Any suggestions?

public override float CanSpawn(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
{
return spawnInfo.spawnTileY < Main.rockLayer && !Main.dayTime ? 0.5f : 0.5f;
}

They spawn everwhere, including the underworld.
You have 0.5 on the left and right of the ternary there. You might want to Google that syntax if you are unclear.

update to 1.3.5.3 pls!
Maybe its not the best idea to annoy the devs. about this, since jopojelly said the new version will come about a month aprox. and thats 2 weeks ago so be patient like everyone on the forums and wait until then. oh and thank jopo to downgrade the vainilla version of terraria to allow us to continue playing modloader up to this date.

how do you make an ammo behave like when a wooden arrow hits the ground and has a chance if it will break or still be retrievable if it hits the ground or any tiles?

Back
Top Bottom