Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Question, since the tmodloader is not on 1.3.5 yet, does that mean that we are unable to port our vanilla 1.3.5 characters back to the 1.3.4.4 version that tmod loader uses? everytime i try to copy my characters or worlds over they always appear red and i cannot use them

Pls help, "DrawAnimation" is not a thing anymore and I dont know what they changed it to

Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace ProphecyOfNalulik.Items
{
    public class SoulOfNalulik : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Soul Of Nalulik";
            item.width = 20;
            item.height = 20;
            item.maxStack = 99;
            item.value = 10000;
            item.rare = 5;
            ItemID.Sets.ItemNoGravity[item.type] = true;
        }
        public override DrawAnimation GetAnimation()
        {
            return new DrawAnimationVerical(15, 2);
        }
        public override Color? GetAlpha(Color lightColor)
        {
            return lightColor.White;
        }
    }
}

So, I was using this fine with the 1.3.5 fix until earlier today, but after shutting down my laptop, when I turned it back on later, TModLoader.exe tells me to launch the game from the steam client and won't play the game. But if I do that, it'll update to 1.3.5, this isn't normal, right?

I tried replacing all the things with my manual backups of the game & tmodloader, but that didn't really work. I don't wanna screw anything up by venturing into areas I'm not familiar with, could someone please help explain to me what to do to make sure I get it working again?

Note to self: Make sure steam is actually running before trying to launch the game. Steam not running beforehand causes issues.

Question, since the tmodloader is not on 1.3.5 yet, does that mean that we are unable to port our vanilla 1.3.5 characters back to the 1.3.4.4 version that tmod loader uses? everytime i try to copy my characters or worlds over they always appear red and i cannot use them
True.

Pls help, "DrawAnimation" is not a thing anymore and I dont know what they changed it to

Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace ProphecyOfNalulik.Items
{
    public class SoulOfNalulik : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Soul Of Nalulik";
            item.width = 20;
            item.height = 20;
            item.maxStack = 99;
            item.value = 10000;
            item.rare = 5;
            ItemID.Sets.ItemNoGravity[item.type] = true;
        }
        public override DrawAnimation GetAnimation()
        {
            return new DrawAnimationVerical(15, 2);
        }
        public override Color? GetAlpha(Color lightColor)
        {
            return lightColor.White;
        }
    }
}
DrawAnimationVertical is in Terraria.DataStructures, so you'll need using Terraria.DataStructures. Note that using Visual Studio or another IDE will help you automatically fine those using statements, among other things.

True.

DrawAnimationVertical is in Terraria.DataStructures, so you'll need using Terraria.DataStructures. Note that using Visual Studio or another IDE will help you automatically fine those using statements, among other things.
Thx that helped with the animation error :) now I'm getting this "error CS0176: Member 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color.White.get' cannot be accessed with an instance reference; qualify it with a type name instead" (sorry I'm troubling too much, im new to the whole coding thing, +srry for spelling ishues too im not fluent in english)

Thx that helped with the animation error :) now I'm getting this "error CS0176: Member 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color.White.get' cannot be accessed with an instance reference; qualify it with a type name instead" (sorry I'm troubling too much, im new to the whole coding thing, +srry for spelling ishues too im not fluent in english)
I imagine you wanted to write Color.White there.

when building my mod I got this error?
Code:
An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.RoslynCompile(CompilerParameters compileOptions, String[] files)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, List`1 refMods, Boolean forWindows, Byte[]& dll, Byte[]& pdb)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod, IBuildStatus status)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.<>c.<BuildMod>b__59_0(Object _)

I added <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/> to my .csproj file and it did nothing. I'm lost. ( my .net framework version is 4.5)

when building my mod I got this error?
Code:
An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.RoslynCompile(CompilerParameters compileOptions, String[] files)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, List`1 refMods, Boolean forWindows, Byte[]& dll, Byte[]& pdb)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod, IBuildStatus status)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder, IBuildStatus status)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.<>c.<BuildMod>b__59_0(Object _)

I added <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/> to my .csproj file and it did nothing. I'm lost. ( my .net framework version is 4.5)
This usually happens because of the "downloaded from the internet" flag that is applied to files downloaded from the interent.

I recommend doing this. Download the tmodloader release, right click the zip, check this box:
SPDVqw0.png

Then re-install as normal after clicking OK.

What happens is the "downloaded from the internet" flag is applied to all the files in the zip when you install, hence the warning.

This usually happens because of the "downloaded from the internet" flag that is applied to files downloaded from the interent.

I recommend doing this. Download the tmodloader release, right click the zip, check this box:
SPDVqw0.png

Then re-install as normal after clicking OK.

What happens is the "downloaded from the internet" flag is applied to all the files in the zip when you install, hence the warning.

Thank you very much, I was trying to figure out what was wrong for an hour and now I just feel really dumb that it was that easy.

Ok, so Terraria auto updated for me to 1.3.5 and when I started it up it was fine and had no problems at all. I then proceeded to download the latest update for Tmodloader and yes I selected the correct one tModLoader Windows v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5-v2 from https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5. After installation I tried loading up Terraria again but I am getting the following error in the image posted below.

View attachment 168651
The only way this error happens is with an incomplete installation of v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5. Maybe you clicked no when it asked you if you wanted to replace the files in the directory.

for reference, your CSteamworks.dll should be 123 KB not 132 KB

The only way this error happens is with an incomplete installation of v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5. Maybe you clicked no when it asked you if you wanted to replace the files in the directory.

for reference, your CSteamworks.dll should be 123 KB not 132 KB

Thank you for your help jopojelly. Unfortunately after I fixed that problem by replacing the file manually through copy and paste instead of using the installer I ran into another error.

Terraia Update and update with Tmodloader error 2.jpg

Edit: I went into the Terraria steam files and to reinstall all the files for Tmodloader I guess I had deleted core Terraria files along with them and didn't think anything of it. I have fixed my mistake and it works. Thank you again jopojelly for the help. What you and the Tmodloader team do is absolutely amazing and I can't wait for any and all future updates. Have a wonderful evening!

Last edited:
terraria error.PNG

Hey, just made an account to be able to post my problem. I followed the readme file that came with the tmodloader 0.9.2.3, copy and pasted the files to the main Terraria folder. When i load up the game i get the error message (after crash) above. I only redownloaded the tmodloader and Terraria because when i played before, i couldnt pick up items. They would just swing around me for a bit, then when it actually touched my character, he would stop and i couldnt move.

I will delete all mods and retry to see if that fixes the problem. Im not a tech wiz, but if there is anything in that error message that can help you figure out my problem, i would appreciate it. Also, keep up the good work!

EDIT: I just deleted all of the mods, and the game works fine. Is it a problem that in the bottom right of the main menu still has the older version (1.3.4.4)?

Last edited:
View attachment 168656

Hey, just made an account to be able to post my problem. I followed the readme file that came with the tmodloader 0.9.2.3, copy and pasted the files to the main Terraria folder. When i load up the game i get the error message (after crash) above. I only redownloaded the tmodloader and Terraria because when i played before, i couldnt pick up items. They would just swing around me for a bit, then when it actually touched my character, he would stop and i couldnt move.

I will delete all mods and retry to see if that fixes the problem. Im not a tech wiz, but if there is anything in that error message that can help you figure out my problem, i would appreciate it. Also, keep up the good work!

EDIT: I just deleted all of the mods, and the game works fine. Is it a problem that in the bottom right of the main menu still has the older version (1.3.4.4)?
It is supposed to be 1.3.4.4 until they release the next TML update later this month for 1.3.5

Opened up the loader, loaded the mod and this came up with a game crash

Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at WWIAFTMod.Tiles.TubemanB.AnimateTile(Int32& frame, Int32& frameCounter)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.AnimateTiles()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Don't mean to bug you guys. But I fallowed Jopojelly's instructions. Downloaded the tmodloader 0.9.2.3 for 1.3.5. when I install and play the 0.9.2.3 steam forces Terraria to revert back to version 1.3.4.4. So I Completely uninstalled terraria vanilla and all mods. Reinstalled Vanilla Terraria, updated Vanilla Terraria, and played it to make sure. It all ran smoothly. Then I did a fresh install of the tmodloader 0.9.2.3. Again it force reverted to Terraria 1.3.4.4. not trying to complain just FYI to help with the debugging process. I know you guys work very long and hard on programming theses mods for the benefit of all! Love you guys and all the free fun you help provide!
Ok its supposed to do that, I see. thanks for the info. And it now makes sense to me why they would set it up that way. Thanks Cody!

Opened up the loader, loaded the mod and this came up with a game crash

Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at WWIAFTMod.Tiles.TubemanB.AnimateTile(Int32& frame, Int32& frameCounter)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.AnimateTiles()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
That mod is outdated and won't load. (WWIAFTMod.tmod)

Do you know when you are coming back? I'm constantly checking if someone replied to my error report... Take your time with your vacation, but I would like to know when you are coming back. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom