Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hi! I hate to say this but I seem to have the problem everyone else is having: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'lnitSafe' in DLL 'CSteamworks'.
If anyone could help that would be Awesome!~:D
P.S. Im on windows

I had the same kind of problem and the following quote is what jopojelly told me about it.

The only way this error happens is with an incomplete installation of v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5. Maybe you clicked no when it asked you if you wanted to replace the files in the directory.

for reference, your CSteamworks.dll should be 123 KB not 132 KB

After jopojelly told me that I looked at the zip file for tmodloader and noticed that when I installed it using the install program it didn't replace the old one that was 132 KB with the new one that was 123 KB... I hope this helps you.

This is the error I was getting:
Terraia Update and update with Tmodloader error.jpg

Any idea when the TmodLoader updated version for Mac will be released? not trying to rush you guys, I just want an idea as to when because I miss playing modded Terraria.

Any idea when the TmodLoader updated version for Mac will be released? not trying to rush you guys, I just want an idea as to when because I miss playing modded Terraria.

We've had the mac downgrade instructions for a while now. They aren't as easy as the windows, but they are below.

Same time windows does. As for the downgrade solution for mac/linux, it's the same as it has been, but I'll reiterate it here:

Alternative workaround for Mac/Linux users:
1) Close Steam if it's running
2) Open a terminal
3) Linux: type in steam -console Mac: type in open steam://open/console
4) This will open steam in "console mode", go to the console tab at the top of the steam window
5) Type in the commands in Steam Console for your respective OS:
Linux: download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555
Mac: download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800
Windows: download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257 (not needed, there's a dedicated workaround)
6) This will start a download that is very very slow (takes ~50-60 minutes). There is NO progress bar, just have faith and wait, when it finishes it will show a message similar to this one: Depot download complete : "/home/raydj/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32\steamapps\content\app_105600\depot_105602" ... (you have to replace the backslashes \ with forward slashes / Depot download complete : "/Users/jasoncao/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamapps/content/app_105600/depot_105603" ...
7) Install Tmodloader (0.9.3.2 for 1.3.4.4) MANUALLY to the Terraria that you just downloaded (read the txt file in tmod for help with that)
8) Run the "new" Terraria and VOILA! It uses the same savefiles so you're good! Note: if you run Terraria via steam library, then you still get vanilla 1.3.5.2, however if you run it off just the app file you just downloaded, it will run a SEPARATE Terraria 1.3.4.4 with your Tmod installed. That is both a win and a loss? Good Luck!

Basically, we use built in steam tools to downgrade to 1.3.4.4 and then install the 0.9.2.3 on top of that.

Just came here to thank all of you guys working in the tool. I have modded some games myself and can't even start to imagine how hard it is to create and to constantly update and fix an API like this one.
Had a lot of stability a while ago, in the 1.3 update, and I'm glad to see it still has full support <3

I just updated my TModloader to v0.9.2.3. However, I am unable to host a server. It get stuck at the "Starting Server" page. When i used v0.9.2.1, it is the same. My friend however, could host a server. Hes using windows while im using mac. Is there any solutions?

We've had the mac downgrade instructions for a while now. They aren't as easy as the windows, but they are below.
Great help here. Thanks! small issue though, once I get up to changing the backslashes to forward slashes and enter it back into the console it says "
>>> command not found: Depot" what do I do? Did I do anything wrong? (sorry for putting you/anyone through this)

Great help here. Thanks! small issue though, once I get up to changing the backslashes to forward slashes and enter it back into the console it says "
>>> command not found: Depot" what do I do? Did I do anything wrong? (sorry for putting you/anyone through this)
command looks like it's one word, "download_depot", you are doing this within steam, right?

int ShiniesIndex = tasks.FindIndex(genpass => genpass.Name.Equals("Shinies"));
if (ShiniesIndex != -1)
{
tasks.Insert(ShiniesIndex + 1, new PassLegacy("Example Mod Ores", delegate (GenerationProgress progress)
{
progress.Message = "Example Mod Ores";

for (int k = 0; k < (int)((double)(Main.maxTilesX * Main.maxTilesY) * 6E-05); k++)
{
WorldGen.TileRunner(WorldGen.genRand.Next(0, Main.maxTilesX), WorldGen.genRand.Next((int)WorldGen.worldSurfaceLow, Main.maxTilesY), (double)WorldGen.genRand.Next(3, 6), WorldGen.genRand.Next(2, 6), mod.TileType("ExampleBlock"), false, 0f, 0f, false, true);
}
}));

Is this the code to insert a new ore in the world gen ? I juts wanna know where are the values for the height, rarity, quantity etc... of the ore. I guess there is no way to spawn them after a boss, so I have to put a pickaxe power value for the block, but how ?

Just found something, is that PlayerEvent.BreakSpeed and you set it to 0 ?

Also thanks for the commentary in the example mod, I'm a noob in C# and others, so that really helps for the rest !

Last edited:
Hello, is there anyone on this forum who could help me with a problem of mine. I used to be able to use the tmodloader before but ever since it updated i couldn't. i am not talking about the recent update that everyone is freaking out about but before that, i don't have any idea as to why it wont work it just doesn't. on occasion it works for me but if terraria itself ever closes it breaks basically, what it does when it "breaks" is open up like its going to work but black screens and doesn't go any further. it does not ever fix itself and i have to delete terraria and re-install tmodloader, and even then it isnt likely that even this fixes it. if anyone could possibly help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. i haven't been able to play for about 3-4 months because of this

Hi.
I've tried to download the 1.3.4 terraria using the mac workaround, and the steam console says the depot download was successful, but i can't find the file i've downloaded.
Please help!

Back
Top Bottom