Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Looks like reselling items causes them to drop in value until exit/reenter world.
(no mods loaded, tModLoader v0.10.0.1, Windows 7)

Last edited:
another update. good, but now i have to wait some time for updated mods again, couse when i want to load my earlier mods... this happen:
Field not found: 'Terraria.Item.toolTip2'.
w TrueEater.GlobalTrueItem.SetDefaults(Item item)
w Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
w Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I saw warning, but i wanted to play on my mods :/

so I followed the instructions unzipped the folder then tried opening the tmodloaderinstaller file. told me to choose a program to run it with and so I chose adobe acrobat. when I opened it up it said that this file type is not supported and after that it only opened with adobe acrobat which couldn't run it so then I tried copying all the files to the folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria) and when I open terraria it opens up vanilla terraria. is there something I'm missing?
is this correct.PNG

Looks like reselling items causes them to drop in value until exit/reenter world.
(no mods loaded, tModLoader v0.10.0.1, Windows 7)
I might have a clue why this is happening...

so I followed the instructions unzipped the folder then tried opening the tmodloaderinstaller file. told me to choose a program to run it with and so I chose adobe acrobat. when I opened it up it said that this file type is not supported and after that it only opened with adobe acrobat which couldn't run it so then I tried copying all the files to the folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria) and when I open terraria it opens up vanilla terraria. is there something I'm missing?View attachment 172981
You don't have Java installed so you can't open .jar files. That means you will need to do a manual install, which isn't much harder. Download the .zip, make sure to go to Right Click->Properties and make sure it isn't blocked (it says at the bottom if it is). Then, open or extract the zip, and copy the contents of it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. Say yes/ allow it to overwrite older files when it asks.

You don't have Java installed so you can't open .jar files. That means you will need to do a manual install, which isn't much harder. Download the .zip, make sure to go to Right Click->Properties and make sure it isn't blocked (it says at the bottom if it is). Then, open or extract the zip, and copy the contents of it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. Say yes/ allow it to overwrite older files when it asks.
ty

Hey, I have a problem... In Terraria 1.3.4.4 (tML 0.9.2.3) I had a player that in Terraria 1.3.5.2 (tML 0.10.0.1) doesn't appear in the list. I checked and It's still in Terraria 1.3.4.4, I don't know what to do. Can you help me?

So when I try to open up a world I end up getting this error...
anyone happen to know a fix?
Error:
Method not found: 'Void Terraria.Main.NewText(System.Object, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean)'.
at MobUtils.MUPlayer.ProcessTriggers(TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.ProcessTriggers(Player player, TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.CopyInto(Player p)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Something wrong for me when I click on the terraria icon for the modded terrarai it say that windows block the app even though they allowed me to use the app before?

Im trying to update calamity and tremor mod, its just saying that the server is busy or something and to try again later. Been happening since yesterday. Is this fixable? Crystillium updated fine but those 2 wont.

I currently have the issue "please start game from steam client" when I try to load terraria and the latest version of tmodloader.

I have tried the following:

1. Restarting my PC
2. Exiting and re-entering steam
3. Un-installing and reinstalling terraria, then repeating steps 1 and 2
4. Closing Steam through task manager after exiting (didn't see the .exe so I couldnt try this, assumed it was already completely exited
Has anyone found a solution to this?

Hey there love this mod! Quick question I try to use the mod browser and this keeps popping up, anyone know how to fix it?

Sequence contains more than one matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIModBrowser.PopulateFromJSON(TmodFile[] installedMods, String json)

{Thanks for the help in advance!)

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
namespace TutorialMOD.Items.Weapons
{
    public class EverlastingGlacier : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.useStyle = 1;    //The way your Weapon will be used, 1 is the regular sword swing for example
            item.name = "Everlasting Glacier";
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1; //The sound played when using your Weapon
            item.damage = 1000;
            item.width = 80;    //The size of the width of the hitbox in pixels.
            item.height = 86;    //The size of the height of the hitbox in pixels.
            item.useTime = 10;   //How fast the Weapon is used.
            item.useAnimation = 10;     //How long the Weapon is used for.
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.melee = false;
            item.rare = 11;
            item.useTurn = true;
        }

public override bool AltFunctionUse(Player player)
        {
            return true;
        }

public override bool CanUseItem(Player player)
        {
            if (player.altFunctionUse == 2)
            {
            item.useStyle = 1;    //The way your Weapon will be used, 1 is the regular sword swing for example
            player.AddBuff(BuffID.IceBarrier, 59);        //Add IceBarrier buff to the Player
            player.AddBuff(BuffID.Calm, 59);        //Add Calm buff to the Player
            }
            else
            {
            item.name = "Everlasting Glacier";
            item.damage = 1000;
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.melee = false;
            item.rare = 11;
            item.useTurn = true;
            }
            return base.CanUseItem(player);
        }
    }
}

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TutorialMOD.Items.Weapons
{
    public class NaturesJudgement : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Nature's Judgement";
            item.damage = 1000;
            item.width = 80;    //The size of the width of the hitbox in pixels.
            item.height = 86;    //The size of the height of the hitbox in pixels.
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.melee = false;
            item.rare = 11;
            item.useTurn = true;
        }

public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit)
        {
            target.AddBuff(BuffID.DryadsWardDebuff, 300); //Add DryadsWardDebuff buff to the NPC for 5 seconds
            target.AddBuff(BuffID.Poisoned, 300); //Add Poisoned buff to the NPC for 5 seconds
            target.AddBuff(BuffID.Venom, 300); //Add Venom buff to the NPC for 5 seconds

int healingAmount = damage/50;
            player.statLife +=healingAmount;
            player.HealEffect(healingAmount, true);
        }

public override bool AltFunctionUse(Player player)
        {
            return true;
        }

public override bool CanUseItem(Player player)
        {
            if (player.altFunctionUse == 2)
            {
            player.AddBuff(BuffID.DryadsWard, 59);        //Add DryadsWard buff to the Player
            player.AddBuff(BuffID.LeafCrystal, 59);        //Add LeafCrystal buff to the Player
            }
            else
            {
            item.name = "Nature's Judgement";
            item.damage = 1000;
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.melee = false;
            item.rare = 11;
            item.useTurn = true;
            }
            return base.CanUseItem(player);
        }
    }
}

The 'Ice Barrier' and 'Leaf Crystal' Buffs keep flickering on and off when I hold right click down, is there a way to make it so it stays there until I let go of right click? I also want it to last about 1 second after letting go of right click, thanks. :3

Back
Top Bottom