Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

It's possible. I'll likely need to pass that information on to the support guys for my host, since it's their own automated installation that's screwing with it. I can play and host on my own PC just fine.

Where would the scripts be for the server stuff?

It's possible. I'll likely need to pass that information on to the support guys for my host, since it's their own automated installation that's screwing with it. I can play and host on my own PC just fine.

Where would the scripts be for the server stuff?
It's the same as vanilla, except instead of running ./TerrariaServer you should run ./tModLoaderServer, which is one of the files in the tmodloader download.

Am I the only one who's getting this message? I open up Terraria to find this happen, is this a problem with my system or Terraria or tMod or the mod itself?

Attachments

• Screenshot (124).png
    Screenshot (124).png
    272.2 KB · Views: 190
It's the same as vanilla, except instead of running ./TerrariaServer you should run ./tModLoaderServer, which is one of the files in the tmodloader download.

Huh... Considering that when I run the server it makes an attempt at loading the mods, I'd have thought that it would be running the correct one. I'll give it a try

I'm having trouble with 0.10.1 on startup. It loads up, then when it starts "finding mods" the game freezes and closes. There's no crash report, it just comes up with "Terraria.exe has stopped working" and then it closes.

I am not sure if that's related or not.
But for some reasons I experience heavy lags when playing on the server.
When I play alone with 3 mods (Calamity, Tremor and Thorium) I rarely have any lags. But when I join the server it goes from small lag to slideshow.

When I play Terraria vanilla I have 1.3.5.3 but when I install tmodloader (latest version) it is in 1.3.5.2 preventing me from starting and joining a server with mods (through the file included when downloading).
Please help I have a LAN party on friday...
Thanks in advance!

I want to make a small notice for v0.10.1
There was introduced the GetWeaponCrit hook for ModItem and GlobalItem, unfortunately it slipped under the radar that this hook won't be working for custom damage types (which is kind of its purpose) In the next tModLoader update however, it will work properly and the documentation is updated, so if you experience the hook not working right now it's because of this.

When I play Terraria vanilla I have 1.3.5.3 but when I install tmodloader (latest version) it is in 1.3.5.2 preventing me from starting and joining a server with mods (through the file included when downloading).
Please help I have a LAN party on friday...
Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you are trying to join a vanilla server, you can't do that. If you are joining a tmodloader server, it's the tmodloader version that matters, the 1.3.5.2 thing is just a number.

'm having trouble with 0.10.1 on startup. It loads up, then when it starts "finding mods" the game freezes and closes. There's no crash report, it just comes up with "Terraria.exe has stopped working" and then it closes.

It just stops working after it gets to the "Setting up" thing. Help

I had this problem, it would seem to be working fine until freezing and giving a 'this has stopped working, trying to find a solution' type pop up.

Tried reinstalling Terraria and tmod, but that didn't work so I deleted all the Terraria.exe that weren't the latest version (Terraria_v1.3.5.3.exe-The one you have to use the tmodloaderinstaller.jar to get). This fixes that problem, but causes this issue when trying to reload mods.

Am I the only one who's getting this message? I open up Terraria to find this happen, is this a problem with my system or Terraria or tMod or the mod itself?

this is solved by renaming the Terraria_v1.3.5.3.exe to just Terraria.exe. Causing the first problem to return.

Any solutions would be welcome.

Sounds like you are trying to join a vanilla server, you can't do that. If you are joining a tmodloader server, it's the tmodloader version that matters, the 1.3.5.2 thing is just a number.

The thing is that I want to know how I host a server with mods and then join it with my friends. When I start a server with a file I got from the tmodloader folder it is in 1.3.5.3. Me and my friends games are in 1.3.5.2 and I thought that was the problem.
I appreciate you responding so fast!

The thing is that I want to know how I host a server with mods and then join it with my friends. When I start a server with a file I got from the tmodloader folder it is in 1.3.5.3. Me and my friends games are in 1.3.5.2 and I thought that was the problem.
I appreciate you responding so fast!
I am positive the tModLoaderServer.exe that comes in the download will report "tModLoader v0.10.1 -- Terraria v1.3.5.2", if it says anything about 1.3.5.3, you are running the vanilla server exe.

I am positive the tModLoaderServer.exe that comes in the download will report "tModLoader v0.10.1 -- Terraria v1.3.5.2", if it says anything about 1.3.5.3, you are running the vanilla server exe.

So I need to launch that one... Ok I will try it when i get home. And then my friends will join via ip right?
Thanks for the help!

so i was trying to do a mod of console exclusive weapons

i think i was missing something idk

so look at this fricking
error!!!
error.png

I CANT TAKE THIS STUPID ERROR ANYMORE!!!! I JUST WANT TO TRY MY MOD ON DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom