Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey, I recently installed the newest tmodloader for Mac, and tried installing it both using the .jar and manually, but every time I boot up terraria through steam/manually the re-logic screen comes up and then fades to black and stays that way forever. this seems to happen with every version all the way back to tmodloader version 10.0.1. Any help would be deeply appreciated!
[doublepost=1533223418,1533223367][/doublepost]
Hey, I recently installed the newest tmodloader for Mac, and tried installing it both using the .jar and manually, but every time I boot up terraria through steam/manually the re-logic screen comes up and then fades to black and stays that way forever. this seems to happen with every version all the way back to tmodloader version 10.0.1. Any help would be deeply appreciated!
ALSO, I've tried this with another Mac and the same exact thing happened, so it couldn't just be my Mac

Every time I try to launch tmodloader the screen fades to black just like LobsterClawsalt, and I'm on a mac as well. Please, fix the black screen of forever meaninglessness xD

Hello! Every since I got update v0.10.1.5 I removed all my mods for a new playtrough. Soon after installing v0.10.1.5, I cannot get past the Finding Mods section! I don't have any mods installed and when it happens the game freezes and says Terraria has stopped working. If you need a picture I will add one.
Did you remove mods within tModLoader or by removing them manually? If you used tModLoader, go to where your mods are stored and check if there are any files lingering there. If there are, remove them and see if that helps.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the ModCompile folders seem to be mixed up. tModLoaderWindows.exe is in the Mac's .zip archive and tModLoaderMac.exe is in the Windows' .zip.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the ModCompile folders seem to be mixed up. tModLoaderWindows.exe is in the Mac's .zip archive and tModLoaderMac.exe is in the Windows' .zip.
That's the point. The ModCompile folder is for cross compiling the mods for the other platforms.

[doublepost=1533223418,1533223367][/doublepost]
ALSO, I've tried this with another Mac and the same exact thing happened, so it couldn't just be my Mac
How about redownloading 10.0.5.

I was banned from the discord server for claiming I had played 11 thousand hours of terraria. I actually have played that amount. I request a lift. please.

Hey Blushie,
i noticed the update all button in the mod browser,
since you made a update all button, could you make download all button?

I have a friend who is trying to install tmodloader, but we're running into a issue. The installer doesn't work, and when we try to manually install the modded terraria.exe file won't replace the original one, but every other file gets added. It still shows the original icon and launched vanilla terraria. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rename it to tModLoader.exe or something you want to name it to.
(the terraria.exe you find in the tmodloader folder)

What the hell happened to the controls menu in the latest version, i can't map anything, some stuff says just, mouse 4 = mouse4, mouse 5 = mouse5 im so confused, and every time i go into it it gets stuck and i have to press the windows key then click back on the game to exit the menu otherwise it keeps me there, in game at least yeah, i have to leave the game to map keys and it annoys me and then there are some controls that say mouse4 and i have no idea what that does, i don't even have mouse 4 or 5 so why is that there, why isn't it like it was before, i don't even remember what it was before look at the picture an you'll see some of the buttons just say middlemouse mouse4 mouse5 with no context as to what they do, is this supposed to be a compatibility thing so people can use mouse4 and mouse5 which vanilla terraria doesn't allow you to do, because i'm so confused
Screenshot (10).png

What the hell happened to the controls menu in the latest version, i can't map anything, some stuff says just, mouse 4 = mouse4, mouse 5 = mouse5 im so confused, and every time i go into it it gets stuck and i have to press the windows key then click back on the game to exit the menu otherwise it keeps me there, in game at least yeah, i have to leave the game to map keys and it annoys me and then there are some controls that say mouse4 and i have no idea what that does, i don't even have mouse 4 or 5 so why is that there, why isn't it like it was before, i don't even remember what it was before look at the picture an you'll see some of the buttons just say middlemouse mouse4 mouse5 with no context as to what they do, is this supposed to be a compatibility thing so people can use mouse4 and mouse5 which vanilla terraria doesn't allow you to do, because i'm so confusedView attachment 206753
All it really is if your mouse has extra buttons. You can map those extra buttons on vanilla, but it won't appear as mouse. I have a corsair harpoon RGB, and has two extra buttons, So if your mouse has extra buttons, then those controls appear.

What the hell happened to the controls menu in the latest version, i can't map anything, some stuff says just, mouse 4 = mouse4, mouse 5 = mouse5 im so confused, and every time i go into it it gets stuck and i have to press the windows key then click back on the game to exit the menu otherwise it keeps me there, in game at least yeah, i have to leave the game to map keys and it annoys me and then there are some controls that say mouse4 and i have no idea what that does, i don't even have mouse 4 or 5 so why is that there, why isn't it like it was before, i don't even remember what it was before look at the picture an you'll see some of the buttons just say middlemouse mouse4 mouse5 with no context as to what they do, is this supposed to be a compatibility thing so people can use mouse4 and mouse5 which vanilla terraria doesn't allow you to do, because i'm so confusedView attachment 206753
Try deleting the file 'input profiles.json' from modLoader folder in \My Documents\My Games\Terraria\

Back
Top Bottom