Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

ummm i think tmodloader needs an update, cause the terraria server code is at 1.3.5.3 rather than the call version listed in the tmod server executable of 1.3.5.2, so it's calling up the world data, but not doing anything afterwards like actually generating the world to be played and hosted. i can use single player worlds but i can't do anything in multiplayer.....

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone figured out how to recover minimap data by chance? I screwed up and accidentally loaded my world with mods unloaded, and alt+f4'd to try to revert before my world or character saved, and since then, said character has completely lost their map data. it's converted to a "map.bad" file, and and been replaced with a new ".map" and ".tmap" files. I can only assume that there's some way to fix this given the map.bad was not auto-deleted, just extension-changed, but can find little to no proper information on the subject. I don't mind if the minimap is a bit screwed up, so long as i can still see where i've been and where i've not been without needing to re-map every corner.

I can download mods but when i start the game it crashes on the "finding mods" loading bar help
I'd suggest trying a fresh reinstall of tModLoader, including deleting all the mods and configs from your install location. Also don't use too many large content mods at once, as that will crash the game due to Terraria having a 32 bit RAM maximum of 4GB. Aside from that, I would reccommend installing mods one by one to find out which may be the problem, if it is one causing it. If you hold Left Shift (Right Shift may work too? I've not tried) while Terraria is loading (the vanilla 0%-100%, then to the mod loading), it will skip mod loading aside from tModLoader, which should let you get to the main menu at least.
It could also be a system incompatability if you're using an unusual OS or something, but that's less likely than it being a corrupted mod of some kind.

I'd suggest trying a fresh reinstall of tModLoader, including deleting all the mods and configs from your install location. Also don't use too many large content mods at once, as that will crash the game due to Terraria having a 32 bit RAM maximum of 4GB. Aside from that, I would reccommend installing mods one by one to find out which may be the problem, if it is one causing it. If you hold Left Shift (Right Shift may work too? I've not tried) while Terraria is loading (the vanilla 0%-100%, then to the mod loading), it will skip mod loading aside from tModLoader, which should let you get to the main menu at least.
It could also be a system incompatability if you're using an unusual OS or something, but that's less likely than it being a corrupted mod of some kind.

Already did that
Do you mean : This computer > Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mod Configs ?
The mods should be : This computer > Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mods ? Because i already deleted it
Tried shift , didn't work

Code:
Error running mcs: Cannot find the specified file
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00176] in <6c7c03f48a9747c8a644da4f63a34480>:0
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00011] in <6c7c03f48a9747c8a644da4f63a34480>:0
  at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00014] in <6c7c03f48a9747c8a644da4f63a34480>:0
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.CompileMod (Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile+BuildingMod mod, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] refMods, System.Boolean forWindows, System.Byte[]& dll, System.Byte[]& pdb) [0x00272] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build (Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile+BuildingMod mod, Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile+IBuildStatus status) [0x00151] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.Build (System.String modFolder, Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile+IBuildStatus status) [0x0000b] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader+<>c.<BuildMod>b__74_0 (System.Object _) [0x00000] in <a17cf97a937a4fd393af9e423789daaf>:0
Im using mac, and whenever I try to build my mod this error appears. Nothing seems to tell me exactly how to pre-compile the mod.

Already did that
Do you mean : This computer > Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mod Configs ?
The mods should be : This computer > Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mods ? Because i already deleted it
Tried shift , didn't work
Hm... Yeah, both those folders.

Since that didn't work, the next thing I would try is to copy your Worlds and Players folders to another spot, then completely delete "My Games/Terraria/Modloader" and "My Games/Terraria" (also backing up any World and Player files in the unmodded Terraria folder) also the folder "Computer > Program Files(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Terraria", then reinstall Terraria from Steam, then reinstall tModLoader atop that after running it to make sure vanilla Terraria works.

Then install just tModLoader, and load the game again. If that works, then copy your player and world files back to the right place, and load the game again. An "/!\" symbol will tell you what mods you had installed when you hover over it, so reinstall them until you have the same setup (or as close to it as you can, if a mod has updated for example) then try reloading your mods and see if the game works from that point, since by now I can only assume it's a problem with the Terraria installation itself or something corrupted in one of the folders.

Hm... Yeah, both those folders.

Since that didn't work, the next thing I would try is to copy your Worlds and Players folders to another spot, then completely delete "My Games/Terraria/Modloader" and "My Games/Terraria" (also backing up any World and Player files in the unmodded Terraria folder) also the folder "Computer > Program Files(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Terraria", then reinstall Terraria from Steam, then reinstall tModLoader atop that after running it to make sure vanilla Terraria works.

Then install just tModLoader, and load the game again. If that works, then copy your player and world files back to the right place, and load the game again. An "/!\" symbol will tell you what mods you had installed when you hover over it, so reinstall them until you have the same setup (or as close to it as you can, if a mod has updated for example) then try reloading your mods and see if the game works from that point, since by now I can only assume it's a problem with the Terraria installation itself or something corrupted in one of the folders.
Thanks Yvori ! Very Cool ! (it worked!)

Last edited:
My game is crashing on launch (even after disabling all mods, and subsequently uninstalling all mods, reinstalling tmodloader etc) with this error message:
"System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'Texture2D'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr
pComPtr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollections.set_Item(Int32
index, Texture value)
at
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D
texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush[]
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Greaphics.SpriteBatch.End[]
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame[]
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick[]
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs
e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost/OnIdle []"
ETC (it goes on to list a whole load of other places)

Is there any way I can fix this/avoid it in the future?
Also is there any chance to add a description search feature to the mod browser in future, in order to find only the mods that have friendly NPCs, or to filter mods by their features, like how they're shown in the installed+enabled menu?

The download link here seems to be slightly cursed. The tmodloader file always stops downloading midway, then it says 'Failure: Network Error'. I try redownloading it, and then the cycle ends with 'Failure: Forbidden'.

Any chance there's a download link using Mega?

The same thing happening to Jac2012 is happening to me when I launch tmodded terraria. I have thorium, alchemistnpc, and fargos installed and the game crashes every few seconds. I've tried reloading the mods and restarting my pc, but none of it works. Can anyone offer me any advice about a solution? this is the mesage that pops up and crashes the game. Happens a few seconds after i open one my main modded world.

My game is crashing on launch (even after disabling all mods, and subsequently uninstalling all mods, reinstalling tmodloader etc) with this error message:
[errors snipped for quote length]

Is there any way I can fix this/avoid it in the future?
Also is there any chance to add a description search feature to the mod browser in future, in order to find only the mods that have friendly NPCs, or to filter mods by their features, like how they're shown in the installed+enabled menu?
The same thing happening to Jac2012 is happening to me when I launch tmodded terraria. I have thorium, alchemistnpc, and fargos installed and the game crashes every few seconds. I've tried reloading the mods and restarting my pc, but none of it works. Can anyone offer me any advice about a solution? this is the mesage that pops up and crashes the game. Happens a few seconds after i open one my main modded world.
Given that this is happening even after reinstalling tModLoader, disabling mods, etc. for both of you I would suggest backing up your player and world files (from Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players + ..\Terraria\Worlds + ..\Terraria\ModLoader\Players + ..\Terraria\ModLoader\Worlds), deleting your Terraria install (Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria) and deleting your data (Documents\My Games\Terraria) then doing a fresh reinstall of Terraria through Steam, then try reinstalling tModLoader and re-setting up your mod setup.

It's a kind of nuke-it-from-orbit approach but if this doesn't work then it's probably an issue with your hardware, OS, or maybe your XNA Framework install.

So I downloaded the T-mod loader and copied the files into my Terraria folder But for some reason it didn't give me the new options in the menu when I open terraria, can someone help me with this problem?

So I downloaded the T-mod loader and copied the files into my Terraria folder But for some reason it didn't give me the new options in the menu when I open terraria, can someone help me with this problem?
usually the problem is people copy to the saves folder not the install folder.

You should be copying to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
not
C:\Documents\My Games\Terraria

Hi, just waned to ask if creating TModLoader server is possible on dedicated server which sites like terraria-servers.com provides ? I'm asking because me and my 2 friends have huge slow motion while just playing, and i thought it could be because of RAM (we all have 8GB), and we host server on our own pc so its heavy on all processes. On the other hand, we have something around 30 mods and im thinking if this amount is not too much, biggest mods we have are calamity, thorium, sacred tools, terraria overhaul.

Nvm got it

You should be copying to
not

I did say nvm at one point because I moved the whole thing into the folder and extracted it and somereason that worked, no clue why the other ways didn't work :p
[doublepost=1545602662,1545602370][/doublepost]Also I didn't see the link for the 10.15 version can you send me a link please? I didn't realize until before I got everything working that there was an updated version and I'm using 10.14
[doublepost=1545602799][/doublepost]

You should be copying to
not
Or not again lol jeez my timings bad XD I found the download link for the latest one so nvm XD sorry if I bugged you

why isn't world gen working?
You're going to need to be a tad more specific if you want help.
Are you writing a mod with worldgen? Is a mod you've downloaded and enabled not loading its worldgen?
Did you remember to reload your mods after enabling them? What mods are you using? How many mods are you using?
Is the worldgen not working right or will worlds just not generate at all?

So, i have problem while creating the world, here is log:

Indeks wykraczał poza granice tablicy.
w Terraria.WorldGen.UpdateMapTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean addToList)
w Terraria.WorldGen.TileFrame(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean resetFrame, Boolean noBreak)
w CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.SafeSquareTileFrame(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean resetFrame)
w CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.AbyssIsland(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 sizeMin, Int32 sizeMax, Int32 sizeMin2, Int32 sizeMax2, Boolean hasChest, Boolean hasTenebris, Boolean isVoid)
w CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.<ModifyWorldGenTasks>b__6(GenerationProgress progress)
w Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
w Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
w Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
w Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
w Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Im using around 30 mods, biggest ones are: calamity, thorium, sacredtools, enigma.

Back
Top Bottom