Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by blushiemagic, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Apologies, I was hasty in my defense. I made a wrong assumption based on the short, blunt tone of your message.
    It came across as trying to "sweep it under the rug" like: No, I won't give you information because it's not official and we don't like that.
    I'm sincerely sorry that I saw the message in that light, when it wasn't intended, and reacted as kneejerk as I did.
    It can be very difficult to gauge intent through text alone, but that is a poor excuse on my end.

Jofairden likes this.
  2. LMD9527

LMD9527 Terrarian

Thanks very much

3. Stanilaw1113

Stanilaw1113 Terrarian

The fact that tModloader ITSELF has items...

4. Juminiade

Juminiade Official Terrarian

When will have tModLoader for Terraria 1.4?

5. Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Zwip-Zwap Zapony Terrarian

Probably a while after version 1.4 releases. I'd say that it's way too early to ask for tModLoader for Terraria 1.4 when we don't even know exactly when Terraria 1.3.6 will come out, while we know that that will come first.

Edit: Terraria's wiki thing even says that version 1.4 has not even started its actual development yet.

6. Juminiade

Juminiade Official Terrarian

I typed wrong, It's 1.3.6 xd

7. Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Zwip-Zwap Zapony Terrarian

Probably a while after version 1.3.6 releases. I'd say that it's way too early to ask for tModLoader for Terraria 1.3.6 when we don't even know exactly when Terraria 1.3.6 will come out.

8. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Yeah no, that's normal. tModloader has some placeholder items (like the pink blocks that take the place of unloaded blocks from disabled mods to prevent generation issues should the mod be re-enabled) but also has some dev sets that are rare drops from bosses much like the vanilla dev sets, just as a sort of easter egg.

Stanilaw1113 likes this.
  9. Seriy500

Seriy500 Terrarian

Crash when try open map

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Terraria.Main.DrawMap()
    at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Edit: Fixed by killing all NPC, probably caused by Merchant+ mod

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Dakuryon

Dakuryon Steampunker

Very convenient tool, I love its ease of use :dryadpassionate:

11. Cc12_

Cc12_ Terrarian

Guys, please help, how do i fix this "bug"?

my npc boss hitbox gets messed up with my
    Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 7;
    npc.width = 155;
    npc.height = 1085;

and the hitbox is very tall for some reason

12. rastachu467

rastachu467 Terrarian

Hey Moderators, the installation tutorial video is really grainy, and it should (if possible) be updated/ replaced. I've had to redownload it again, but I kinda forgot the process, and the video isn't really any help.

13. rastachu467

rastachu467 Terrarian

I got it to work, but an updated video would probably help.

14. Raymond Drake

Raymond Drake Terrarian

Any Chance on getting a new install video which is a little slower and clearer ? Please. Cant even see what you are opening and doing, in this video. also you're going way to fast for beginners to follow you. Please if you could. :)

15. Warguym

Warguym Terrarian

How do i put more than one tooltip?
    Someone help me

16. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

17. Warguym

Warguym Terrarian

18. Warguym

Warguym Terrarian

How i make a projectile cause a debuff?

19. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Hey just a minor suggestion, I don't know how hard this would be to do or even if you would want to, but...
    Well, in some cases, after a bit of testing, you realize you don't want a particular mod, one that doesn't have a lot of worldgen or items, letting you remove it relatively cleanly, but still leaves some Unloaded Items and Pink Blocks here and there.
    Could we possibly get say, a chat command or something, and maybe a menu option in tModLoader Settings, to run through a world/all worlds, and delete any Unloaded Items or Unloaded Blocks, or maybe replace the blocks with a neighbouring block, or just become dirt, etc. to restore the world a bit? It's just that the pink blocks are kind of an eyesore, and while I get they're there for good reasons like accidental mod disabling, having the option to quickly be rid of them in some form or another would be nice.

I know you could probably do this manually with a world editor or something, but it'd be nice to have a quickly accessible ingame option for the cases of "okay definitely not reinstalling this mod and it doesn't warrant an entirely new world"

20. NightmarePanther

NightmarePanther Terrarian

This is cool]