Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

For the last 2, just add the correct tile.

The ExampleMod has an example of ice chest items.

The other ones need to be more specific, so I know which part is the part you need help with
[doublepost=1465662220,1465662165][/doublepost]
"this" needs to be "projectile"
[doublepost=1465662293][/doublepost]
There's been an unusual amount of traffic these last few days, so the daily bandwidth gets eaten up really quickly. I'm looking into it.
[doublepost=1465662337][/doublepost]
Show me what you got and tell me where you got the numbers that you expected to work.
I'm taking numbers from my post http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sound-ids.41821/ .
And what do you mean, asking me what I got?
[doublepost=1465663165][/doublepost]I guess there is something like types of sounds, but I wonder how I can use them properly.

I'm taking numbers from my post http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sound-ids.41821/ .
And what do you mean, asking me what I got?
[doublepost=1465663165][/doublepost]I guess there is something like types of sounds, but I wonder how I can use them properly.
Yeah, those are just the item use sounds. The tile collide sounds are a completely different category. Look in the dust and sound catalogue mod. They are explained there.

I've tried to run as administrator, and make the Terraria folder in Documents/My Games/ non read only (like, untick the read only thing), but still nothing.
That is odd. I don't know what is going on there.

Yeah, those are just the item use sounds. The tile collide sounds are a completely different category. Look in the dust and sound catalogue mod. They are explained there.

That is odd. I don't know what is going on there.
Any suggestions? I'm going to uninstall terraria completely then install it again, gonna create new character, start new world then play for few mintues and at the end I'll try to put the mods.

Any suggestions? I'm going to uninstall terraria completely then install it again, gonna create new character, start new world then play for few mintues and at the end I'll try to put the mods.
Well, the error is it can't open the error file. Actually, this error message looks like it happened when you clicked the open file button, is that right? You don't need to open the file.

Well, the error is it can't open the error file. Actually, this error message looks like it happened when you clicked the open file button, is that right? You don't need to open the file.
Error happens when I click the button for installing, then first i clicked open file but after i did that again it opened...idk

You mean installing a mod, right? Did you read the error message in the window there?
first error after trying to install mod was about heavy load on server or something, second error was cannot find file specified, then it opened the folder with Runtime Error file which showed the same error: "cannot find file specified"

I want when hit by a projectile at the enemy, it appeared the dust. When I use this code nothing happens
Code:
        public override void OnHitNPC(NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit)
        {
            int a = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(target.position.X, target.position.Y + 2f), target.width, target.height, 21, target.velocity.X * 0.2f, target.velocity.Y * 0.2f, 100, default(Color), 2f);
            Main.dust[a].noGravity = true;
            Main.dust[a].velocity *= 0.3f;
            Dust b = Main.dust[a];
            b.velocity.X = b.velocity.X - target.velocity.X * 0.2f;
        }

Last edited:
Quick and fast question, is there any way to hide an NPC's health bar? Specifically, I need this to prevent a worm NPC from showing the (usually wrong) hp of its single parts. Vanilla worms seem to use a bool called "dontCountMe", but setting it to true didn't seem to do anything.

Hey whenever I try to download a mod it says "The mod browser server is currently under heavy load. Try again later."
Can I do anything to fix this or do I just have to wait?

Hello Please help me
Code:
    public override void UpdateEquip(Player player)
     {
       player.moveSpeed += 0.05f;
     }
How do i get to know all of the player. stats like there it is player.moveSpeed

Quick and fast question, is there any way to hide an NPC's health bar? Specifically, I need this to prevent a worm NPC from showing the (usually wrong) hp of its single parts. Vanilla worms seem to use a bool called "dontCountMe", but setting it to true didn't seem to do anything.
Hm, it looks like health bars are terribly hardcoded into the game. I'll have to add a hook for that in the next update.

Hello Please help me
Code:
    public override void UpdateEquip(Player player)
     {
       player.moveSpeed += 0.05f;
     }
How do i get to know all of the player. stats like there it is player.moveSpeed
Unfortunately, the only way is to decompile Terraria then look at Player.cs.

Can anyone help me add more than one craft group. I can't seem to figure out how to add more.

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace ExampleMod
{
    public class ExampleMod : Mod
    {
        public ExampleMod()
        {
            Properties = new ModProperties()
            {
                Autoload = true,
                AutoloadGores = true,
                AutoloadSounds = true
            };
        }

public override void AddRecipeGroups()
        {
            RecipeGroup group = new RecipeGroup(() => Lang.misc[37] + " " + GetItem("ExampleItem").item.name, new int[]
            {
                ItemType("ExampleItem"),
                ItemType("EquipMaterial"),
                ItemType("BossItem")
            });
            RecipeGroup.RegisterGroup("ExampleMod:ExampleItem", group);
        }
    }
}

Back
Top Bottom