Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Now, the Arkhalis has the following properties.
this.name = "Arkhalis";
this.width = 14;
this.height = 38;
this.useAnimation = 25;
this.useTime = 15;
this.useStyle = 5;
this.rare = 2;
this.noUseGraphic = true;
this.channel = true;
this.noMelee = true;
this.damage = 20;
this.knockBack = 4f;
this.autoReuse = false;
this.noMelee = true;
this.melee = true;
this.shoot = 595;
this.shootSpeed = 15f;
this.value = 40000;
Some things you won't need to worry being exact about such as value and animationTime, but you definately need projectile.channel to be true, and useStyle should be the same as above also.

It took me just a few moments to find this information with code I decompiled earlier. As far as I know, it's against forum rules to say how to decompile Terraria, but it's not too hard to work out how to do. And you can save the code so that you don't need to decompile it every time.

I don't know much about boss AI at all, or where some tutorials may be, but the example mod is a good place to look first. I'd suggest you start with some simpler enemy AI before trying a boss, though.

As for that other monster list of things you'd like to do, I don't know how to do most of those things and I'd need to sit down for several hours to work out the rest. I'm happy to give some help, but time spent helping other people is time not spent on my own mod.

Now it won't even make the repeated sound and such and the projectile won show up...
is there anything special about that code that I missed?

also, can anyone else help me with my boss troubles?

the new version of tmodloader keeps keybindings, and every time i try to change it the mouse and keyboard wont respond to the window again till i click outside the program. disabling the changing function...

Then if i keep trying to do this repeatedly it breaks the menu section entirely to where everytime i click into settings, it defaults back to the main menu if i try to click a sub option after

Can anybody help me,

I have installed tModLoader and after i shut down my pc and restart it the terraria.exe file that has the mod loader keeps disappearing from the steam folder

Does anyone have a fix for this?

i still cant get terraria working cuz of the damn windows defender q nq

Just disable Windows Defender when you want to play Terraria. Simple as that, especially if you have another Antivirus software. I have MalwareBytes Pro and it doesn't throw up any redflags on the file.

Can anybody help me,

I have installed tModLoader and after i shut down my pc and restart it the terraria.exe file that has the mod loader keeps disappearing from the steam folder

It probably removes it's self because of Windows Defender thinking it's a virus.

Only way I could download and play tModLoader was to turn off Windows Defender otherwise on Windows 10 64-bit at least it kept throwing up it was a virus every time and it would delete it. I hate how annoying Windows Defender is with it disabled, constantly has to notifty you that you have no protection even with a antivirus software. My MalwareBytes Pro doesn't throw up any redflags when I scan the file and the game opens just fine with Windows Defender disabled. Typical Microsoft stuff.

Just disable Windows Defender when you want to play Terraria. Simple as that, especially if you have another Antivirus software. I have MalwareBytes Pro and it doesn't throw up any redflags on the file.

It probably removes it's self because of Windows Defender thinking it's a virus.

Only way I could download and play tModLoader was to turn off Windows Defender otherwise on Windows 10 64-bit at least it kept throwing up it was a virus every time and it would delete it. I hate how annoying Windows Defender is with it disabled, constantly has to notifty you that you have no protection even with a antivirus software. My MalwareBytes Pro doesn't throw up any redflags when I scan the file and the game opens just fine with Windows Defender disabled. Typical Microsoft stuff.
I wonder why would Windows Defender think it's a virus, I used that some time ago with the same AV and it didnt say anything about a virus.

Can anybody help me,

Turn off Windows Defender OR make an exclusion for the Terraria folder. When in Windows Defender, go to settings, and scroll down until you see Exclusion. Exclude a folder, then select C:/Program Files x86/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria

ummmm i tried downloading tModloader and copying all the files and everything into my terraria folder but when i open terraria nothing changes its just normal terraria, im running version 1.3.1.1. can someone help?

v0.8.2.1:
-Added PreReforge and PostReforge hooks for items
-Added CustomBuffTipSize and DrawCustomBuffTip hooks for GobalBuff
-Added CanDamage and ShouldUpdatePosition hooks for projectiles
-Added Clone hooks for entity infos
-Fixed bug where ModifyBuffTip is not called from inventory menu
-Fixed bug where modded NPCs aren't listed under banner buff tooltip
-Fixed bug where ModItem and EntityInfo are not initialized during mod-loading
-Fixed bug where GlobalItem saving hooks are called for empty item slots
-Made Wiring._currentWireColor public

I thought we were done with all the miscellaneous stuff, but I guess not. Oh well, enjoy these hooks and bugfixes!

Sorry if this question has been answered a million times already; this thread is crazy long!

I downloaded tmodloader but whenever I run the game in it, everything is slower than it should be. Not unplayably slow, but...noticeable, and enough it's not worth it just to get the mods. The problem persists even when I have no mods enabled. Is there anything I can do?

I can't seem to get my guns to apply the Clockwork Assault Rifle feature where: "First shot only consumes ammo."
Help is appreciated!

Now it won't even make the repeated sound and such and the projectile won show up...
is there anything special about that code that I missed?

also, can anyone else help me with my boss troubles?
Now, I spotted a mistake in my last comment. I meant to say item.channel instead of projectile.channel.

Also, the Arkhalis is both an item and a projectile. Using the item creates a projectile that sticks to the position of your player, and disappears when the player stops channeling i.e. when the left mouse button is released. Are you creating a moded item that shoots the vanilla projectile, or a moded item that shoots a moded projectile that mimics the vanilla projectile?

When I installed it my characters that I have on Cloud were gone. Please help, my Expert and Post-Moon Lord characters are on there!

They're not gone, Terraria and tModLoader simply don't use the same characters.

If you want tot use your Terraria characters, you have to get them from the cloud and then put them into tModLoader's player directory.

They're not gone, Terraria and tModLoader simply don't use the same characters.

If you want tot use your Terraria characters, you have to get them from the cloud and then put them into tModLoader's player directory.
Thanks. I may sound stupid, but how do I get the characters from the cloud?

Thanks. I may sound stupid, but how do I get the characters from the cloud?
I'm not sure, but I assume that Terraria also saves a copy of your characters on your hard drive. Go to Documents/My_Games/Terraria/Players, there should be a .plr file and a corresponding folder for each of your characters. If there are, copy them and paste them to Documents/My_Games/Terraria/tModLoader/Players or something along those lines (I haven't installed tModLoader on this PC, so I can't check). That should do the trick.

Same goes for worlds, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom