Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Why in gods name is one of the steam update options not "Only update when physically approved by me"
Welp I shall patiently wait for modloader support to return to play the game

Guess I'm the only one. Should probably have mentioned though it isn't a firewall or internet issue as it happens regardless of it being my internet and across a few different computers. :/

So, a problem has come up: the new Terraria update is pretty much taking forever to decompile. This means tModLoader definitely won't be updating today. However, in the meantime, you all will still be able to play tModLoader. You can just run it normally (it doesn't matter that Terraria updated); the only downside is that you won't have the new features that 1.3.2 adds.

So, a problem has come up: the new Terraria update is pretty much taking forever to decompile. This means tModLoader definitely won't be updating today. However, in the meantime, you all will still be able to play tModLoader. You can just run it normally (it doesn't matter that Terraria updated); the only downside is that you won't have the new features that 1.3.2 adds.
Well hope you can get it updated soon and I can try that one. Really looking forward to being able to play it. And can you msg me about a possible solution please blue so I can play with the current build/download? :D

What do you mean by run it normally? How do you do that?

Well no crap, I have tmod and it worked before the undate. Just trying to know how to get it to work again
When Terraria updated, it overwrote the modified exe file that tmodloader provides in it's zip file.

reusing the .exe file for 1.3.1.x in the zip on the first page will basically revert the game back to what it was when tmodloader was last compatible. just use the current zip on page one and overwrite the 1.3.2 exe file. then the .exe should run the previous version as tmodloader, and you can continue as normal

It worked for me earlier today.

Until Tmodloader's developers update and release a modified version of 1.3.2's exe, you will have to wait to play the current version using mods.

Last edited:
Can I just give people a word of advice? When installing tModLoader, do NOT replace or rename the vanilla version of Terraria, but instead rename the tModLoader .exe file and do a manual install. Create a new shortcut to tModLoader to launch it.

This has several advantages. Mainly you won't need to worry about breaking tModLoader. I just updated Terraria and tModLoader was still working without me doing a single thing extra. It also makes it easy to swap between Vanilla and Modded Terraria. No need to rename files each time you swap, you just choose the shortcut that you want.

It's even possible to have several versions of tModLoader next to each other, though there's really not much point.

This works on Windows. I don't know about other platforms, sorry.

When Terraria updated, it overwrote the modified exe file that tmodloader provides in it's zip file.

reusing the .exe file for 1.3.1.x in the zip on the first page will basically revert the game back to what it was when tmodloader was last compatible. just use the current zip on page one and overwrite the 1.3.2 exe file. then the .exe should run the previous version as tmodloader, and you can continue as normal

It worked for me earlier today.

Until Tmodloader's developers update and release a modified version of 1.3.2's exe, you will have to wait to play the current version using mods.
Thank you so much :D

Back
Top Bottom