Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

i have no mods on but i cant join my friends or if i host they cant join:kingslime:
I'm pretty sure you cannot join people who don't have TModLoader with it. If they do, then you might be having trouble on either side (bugs or errors). Shouldn't be a problem with the mods they have or the ones you have since players automatically sync their mods to the host.:joy:

Even before, trying to mod with this API is a pain in the butt. Needs some better documentation.

Modding with this API is incredibly easy, I've never had any problems.

Just check the documentation for all the hooks and use ExampleMod as a reference and everything becomes abundantly clear.

Never had any issues either. I'm guessing the main issue is that ExampleMod has grown quite big, and may be a little with overwhelming for newcomers. (knowing that almost nobody that attempts modding actually has c# knowledge prior before trying)

where can i actually post bugs?? is there an official bugtracker??
if not, i am happy to create a Post just for it ^-^
heres the bug i found:
when putting a modded item into a WEAPON RACK, and reloading the world (leaving and joining again) its a different item from THE SAME MOD
idk if thats just for me, but it happened to my modded items quite often (got an OP weapon from a wooden javelin, hue)

I dont know if im the only one that has this "error" but when i click the "Mod Browser" feature the game CRASHES.
Please help

ok seems like im not the only one having issues with the mod browser atm. ill just just leave the comment here and wait patiently until its fixed. good that theres an alternate way of getting mods ^^

I dont know if im the only one that has this "error" but when i click the "Mod Browser" feature the game CRASHES.
Please help

you are not the only one

when ever I try to open the mod browser, after a few moments terraria crashes, I need help

I had this problem yesterday. I ran the jar installer (having previously only extracted the files as per instructions) and tried opening the mod browser. It opened just fine after that. Just a sec and I'll see if it's still working for me.

Edit: It took nearly 30 seconds to load but it is still working on my end. Try running the jar installer file.

So, I tried to access the mod browser today. It is not working for me. I am not able to use the jar installer because I have my steam installed in a non-standard location (My E: drive, with my OS being on my C: Drive). Is there a way for me to direct the installer to my install, or to get the files out of the installer? Based on this thread, the files to use manually aren't quite right.

EDIT: I should note that it does not crash, but Terraria does freeze for about a minute.

UPDATE: Browser is working fine now for some reason.

Last edited:
When I first opened my terraria, it was the normal terraria. So I went to my files and opened tModLoader, and it went to this black scream with a bunch of code, with all the mods and my worlds, at the bottom it said 'Choose World' I could type in it and press enter, so I entered one f my world names and pressed enter, and it just went down but I could till see the worlds and the 'Choose World' option. I don't understand what is happening!

Back
Top Bottom