Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

the modded terraria is called "Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe", also i can launch the modded one from the terraria folder

Last edited:
Just a status update here:

Some of you might have noticed that I haven't done any real work on tModLoader for a long time, and I believe an explanation is in order. In short, I've been losing the motivation to do anything in general. This applies to my entire life, and not just tModLoader. For a while now I've been struggling with things like gender identity and depression, and these things have gotten especially bad over the past month. And to make matters worse, school is back in session and I'm getting homework again.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull myself together and continue adding features to tModLoader again. However, one thing that I can promise is that I will keep updating tModLoader to future versions of Terraria as fast as humanly possible. Keeping tModLoader up-to-date will remain my highest priority (other than homework of course). In the meantime, I would like to remind everyone that tModLoader is open source on Github and that anyone is welcome to open a pull request. Feel free to talk to me and the rest of the team about any features you wish to add if you're unsure of anything (who knows, maybe it might even help motivate me).
Dw bout it. Take ur time. Stress not bout us. What you've given is plenty.

Also thanks for sharing. When it comes to real life stresses like depression and gender identity some people sruggle alone and feel lost, afraid that speaking makes you weak. But imho I believe it shows a great deal of strength and bravery to do just that. Coming from a few of my friends that share the same issues I just want to let you know you are not alone and you will always be welcome and respected not just for the giving us tmodloader but also your demeanor and willingness to help with even the stupidest question while still maintaining a calm perspective. So whatever you choose to do, however you feel inside just know we got ur back.

So vaycay if u like rest up chill out whatever floats ur boat, take it easy til u feel like urself again.

And hopefully that'll be in tandem with 1.3.3 :p

The minimap doesn't appear at all in game, no buttons or anything.
Installed Mods:
Zoaklen
Pumpking
Legend of Terraria
HERO'S Mod (disabled)
Calamity
Quality of Life
Cheeze's Content Pack
Bluemagic
FastStart
ExampleMod (disabled)
Shorter Respawn
ImkSushi
Lucky Finish
ThoriumMod
RPG Classes
The Luggage
Summoners Association
Crystilium
Prefixes for Enemies
Tremor
Fargo's Mod

(Wow, that's a lot. Surprised my game still works)

can you jut write out a full tutorial on how to do this please, it would be faster and easier, thanks
Vanilla Terraria.exe is 6908 KB, tmodloader is 7814 KB. You can also see that the icon is a fatter tree than the vanilla icon.

Starting from a clean terraria install, if you run the installer, Terraria.exe is renamed to Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe and tmodloader is copied in as Terraria.exe. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, rename files so that vanilla is Terraria.exe so the steam launch will launch vanilla. Right click drag the modded .exe to the desktop and choose the create shortcuts here option. Now you can use that to start modded and use steam the launch vanilla.

3AB3AiM.png

Vanilla Terraria.exe is 6908 KB, tmodloader is 7814 KB. You can also see that the icon is a fatter tree than the vanilla icon.

Starting from a clean terraria install, if you run the installer, Terraria.exe is renamed to Terraria_v1.3.2.1.exe and tmodloader is copied in as Terraria.exe. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, rename files so that vanilla is Terraria.exe so the steam launch will launch vanilla. Right click drag the modded .exe to the desktop and choose the create shortcuts here option. Now you can use that to start modded and use steam the launch vanilla.

3AB3AiM.png
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a status update here:

Some of you might have noticed that I haven't done any real work on tModLoader for a long time, and I believe an explanation is in order. In short, I've been losing the motivation to do anything in general. This applies to my entire life, and not just tModLoader. For a while now I've been struggling with things like gender identity and depression, and these things have gotten especially bad over the past month. And to make matters worse, school is back in session and I'm getting homework again.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull myself together and continue adding features to tModLoader again. However, one thing that I can promise is that I will keep updating tModLoader to future versions of Terraria as fast as humanly possible. Keeping tModLoader up-to-date will remain my highest priority (other than homework of course). In the meantime, I would like to remind everyone that tModLoader is open source on Github and that anyone is welcome to open a pull request. Feel free to talk to me and the rest of the team about any features you wish to add if you're unsure of anything (who knows, maybe it might even help motivate me).
I hate to hear that your going through all this. I hopefully speak for a lot of people when i say We hope you get through all of this. Sorry if it sounds like i dont mean it im just not good at helping people in situations like this. ;-;

Im new to making Terraria mods and i wanted to test my mod out so i was able to compile it but i was not able reload mods. i got an error

"An error occured while loading testmod
This mod has automatically been disabled

Items/PrototypeGun
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(string name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(string name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object treadContext)"

What does this mean?
and yes i followed a guide on youtube

Last edited:
A few questions:
1how to make a weapon that has to "charge" its beam (last prism)
2how to make a explosive weapon (snowman cannon etc.)
3how to make a minion like the stardust dragon?

answers would be great

The minimap doesn't appear at all in game, no buttons or anything.
Installed Mods:
Zoaklen
Pumpking
Legend of Terraria
HERO'S Mod (disabled)
Calamity
Quality of Life
Cheeze's Content Pack
Bluemagic
FastStart
ExampleMod (disabled)
Shorter Respawn
ImkSushi
Lucky Finish
ThoriumMod
RPG Classes
The Luggage
Summoners Association
Crystilium
Prefixes for Enemies
Tremor
Fargo's Mod

(Wow, that's a lot. Surprised my game still works)
Even after disabling all the mods, the map continues to not show up.
tModLoader problem or something else? Hmm...

Quick and hopefully easy question:

How can I make an item place things like Blue Torches, Cursed Torches, etc.?
They use a subID according to the wiki.

Quick and hopefully easy question:

How can I make an item place things like Blue Torches, Cursed Torches, etc.?
They use a subID according to the wiki.
You can check the vanilla item fields spreadsheet. You'll see that they specify a placestyle value for different styles of the same tile.

Wondering if there is a way to change the hit-box of a mount so it doesn't clip through walls (like in the picture)?

Also, a way to change the depth of the mount so my character's arm is behind and not in front? Already tried changing the texture to all the options listed on the Github resource, but no luck. The arm stays in front with all of them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-09-07 11_42_53.png
    Capture 2016-09-07 11_42_53.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom